QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Soreyori..."
Oh...? You do...?

Oh! She leaned closer and I thought she would... But she stopped, inches away. Being this close to her was intensely distracting but it didn't last. With a frown and a look of mild confusion clouding her face she withdrew.

Oh? I was equally puzzled.

quote:
"Uh,"
I put out a hand and rested it on hers. "Is something wrong?"

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.01.2009, 04:44 PM.

09.01.2009, 04:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Na-chan plopped herself down on the bench before either of the other two girls could react, with arms crossed.

quote:
Originally posted by natsuba
"So. About this torii. I have a friend who knows where it is."

"Interested?"

I hesitated. "Actually--"

I hesitated... again. It doesn't matter how bad you are at understanding girls, this one has her body language literally screaming in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound and bright flashing neon lights.

I want attention!

I smiled, and rearranged the words in my throat.

"Actually, that sounds very interesting," I said and sat down on the bench, then smiled at Tanaka and Miyamoto before turning to Na-chan again.

"Please, tell us more."

09.02.2009, 12:28 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Actually--"
Heehee, yes, actually.

He paused and looked at me. I rearranged my skirt.

quote:
"Actually, that sounds very interesting."
He sat beside me and I gave him a welcoming grin: Hello!

quote:
"Please, tell us more."
I giggled, "Well, thing is-- it's more like show instead of tell and Ama knows where it is, I've not been but I know he'll take us although..." I glanced at my watch, "We don't have much of break left so he could take us later!" I offered brightly in a little rush of words.

I made my fingers keep still, leaving the hem of my skirt alone.

09.09.2009, 05:00 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Really now!" I replied enthusiastically. Turning to Tanaka now, I continued, "It's like an adventure, isn't it?"

"If I had to guess,"
I said to Natsuba, unconsciously in a slightly more serious tone, "Would it be, by any chance, near the school building entrance?"

09.11.2009, 11:43 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Her hand in mine was really very nice. Comforting, as I stumbled my way through accepting her invitation. To go out - like a date. I thought things could not have been any better at that moment but Maho squeezed my hand and reflexively I turned to look at her. Her nervousness was plain as day on her face. To think that she was just as nervous as me... I felt a warmth settle in me.

Things could get better, after all.

quote:
"Okay."

I waited for her to say more mostly because I wasn't sure how things went from here. It was my first date, after all. I wondered if it was the same for her and quickly dismissed the flash of unexpected jealousy that rose up at that thought.
quote:
"We can meet at... uhm."

"I mean I'll come to you, pick you up. Around... eight?"

"Okay," I agreed, happily. So far, so good.
quote:
"Wear your dancing things,"

My smile froze on my face for a second before I schooled my face and replied, "Sure, dancing things."

Inwardly, I cursed myself for not mentioning that I didn't have any seeing as I've never been dancing. What does one wear? Sighing, I resigned to the fact that I would have to go shopping and ask a salesgirl or something.

As I kept reminding myself, this was our first real date and I wanted it to be perfect. I wanted me to be perfect. And if that meant getting dressed without Maho's help and looking good, then that's what I would do.

I was jerked out of my thoughts when I felt her lips on my cheek.
quote:
"Thanks."

"Oh. Yes. I mean, thank you. This will be fun!" I said, a bit flustered from the kiss.

"Um. Do you want to head back then? I mean, I don't. Not really, but it's not as if we have a choice. If we did...well..." I trailed off, aware that I was rambling.

09.21.2009, 06:51 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Torii?

The shift in conversation was a bit unexpected but this was Na-chan so maybe not so much. Icchan seemed to be encouraging her so I went along with it. Sitting on the bench beside Na-chan, I shrugged at Miyamoto. I wondered how much she knew about the Shadows but Na-chan was speaking already and I didn't want to interrupt.

This will be interesting, I thought, Even if it makes very little sense.

When she finished, Icchan spoke up and he seemed to be a bit mocking about it. All things considered, I thought that was a strange thing to do.

quote:
"It's like an adventure, isn't it?"

I laughed at that, "Yeah a bit, isn't it?" A very strange adventure, but an adventure nonetheless.

To Na-chan, I said, "Does Ama know anything else about this torii? And how does he know about this..." the last bit, I murmured to myself.

09.21.2009, 07:59 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Really now! It's like an adventure, isn't it?"
I gave Icchan a smile and shook my head, "No! It's not! It's really real! This isn't about dragons and princesses at all!" What a funny thing to say. It's not adventurous in the least.

quote:
"If I had to guess, would it be, by any chance, near the school building entrance?"
I nodded, "Yes totally it is! That's a good guess, but... well, torii always stand at the entrances to sacred ground, don't they? They kind of... how is it? Mark the line between the normal world and the... and the..." {{ protected }} "and the protected world, well, is what I've been told."

Mai had sat beside me during the talking and I leaned into her a bit. Mai was nice, I liked her. Icchan was nice too, they were all nice, I had friends at last and I loved being around them all the time.

quote:
"Does Ama know anything else about this torii? And how does he know about this..."
"Yes! I think he knows lots though he doesn't tell me that much, I think he might be worried that the wrong sorts of people find out, people who don't understand... but you-" I looked between her and Icchan, smiling widely, the words still galloping out "- you understand don't you? Both of you? He-"

{{ can show them }}

"-can show them, I mean I can show you! But..." I looked at my watch, classes would start again any time now, "...ah, but... lunch is nearly over. We can look later!"

{{ karinushi sendo-san }}

I frowned. "oh yes! sendo-san!"

"Ah. I... need to think, thinking's hard."

{{ return tonight after you meet karinushi sendo-san. bring them back here. ama will prepare the way }}

"Oh! Yes! We can come back to school tonight, after we visit Fubi! Take her gift! And...and..."

"what of mother? she'll be angry"

{{ ama will take care of this }}

"oh? oh! yay!"

"Yeah! Tonight! I'll show you then, I mean he'll show us then."

10.03.2009, 08:13 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
"No! It's not! It's really real! This isn't about dragons and princesses at all!"
Uhh... dragons and princesses? I didn't think her mother would let her read these kinds of stories. Or maybe it was before her mom discovered her abnormality... if there was such a time.

quote:
"Yes totally it is! That's a good guess, but... well, torii always stand at the entrances to sacred ground, don't they? They kind of... how is it? Mark the line between the normal world and the... and the... and the protected world, well, is what I've been told."
My heart sank a little. Well of course it would be near the entrance, since that what torii gates are anyway.

While i was beating myself up at missing such an abvious fact, Tanaka spoke up.

quote:
Originally posted by Tanaka
"Does Ama know anything else about this torii? And how does he know about this..."
That last part was unneccessary, I thought, and looked to Natsuba.

quote:
"Yes! I think he knows lots though he doesn't tell me that much, I think he might be worried that the wrong sorts of people find out, people who don't understand... but you-- you understand don't you? Both of you? He--can show them, I mean I can show you! But..."
She looked at her watch, and I realized that lunch was almost over.

quote:
"Ah. I... need to think, thinking's hard."
Huh?

quote:
"Oh! Yes! We can come back to school tonight, after we visit Fubi! Take her gift! And...and..."

"Yeah! Tonight! I'll show you then, I mean he'll show us then."
Tonight?

My eyes darted to Tanaka, who seemed to have the same reaction as me. I mean sure, we all want to know as much about this anomaly as possible, but...

Tonight?

quote:
DING DONG! DING DONG!

My thoughts were interrupted at the sound of the bell indicating the end of lunch. I breathed a sigh and stood up.

Well...

... let's go back."

Pathetic. After all that was said, that was all I could muster.

Pathetic.

10.10.2009, 02:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NARRATOR

The end of break bell drew the students in a loose gaggle back up to homeroom where Akuri-Sensei was waiting to launch into full form. He proceeded to glare and sarcastically reminded his pupils that the bell signalled the end of lunch and not a ten minute free period in which slowly wandering the campus was permissible.

Afternoon lessons were unremarkable and the end of school bell seemed to ring very soon. 1-A's students cleared desks, gathered up bags and chattering noisily went downstairs to the shoe lockers or to various after school clubs. A few students remained behind to do late work or chat but one group gelled together as though by silent pre-agreement and found themselves changing to outdoor shoes and heading to the main gate despite the fact that some of them ought to be attending clubs. The group moved with some purpose even though the wind had risen during the afternoon and it pulled playfully at coats, collars and skirts as the young people went towards the gate.

10.20.2009, 06:32 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

After school, students meet up with their plans discussing about going to the local arcade, or doing some shopping, or talking about school. Particularly if they are from the same class, they would make a beeline to each other's desks and walk out together, chit-chatting happily.

That didn't happen with us.

I walked at the back of the group, observing with interest at this anomaly. We were a group, we were alone. We reached the main lobby together, we walked our separate ways. We exited orderly, we were spread out.

Exceedingly interesting.

"So."

It became obvious soon enough that if nobody spoke, nobody was going to take the lead to Karinushi's house.

"Karinushi-san's house. Where was it again?"

10.28.2009, 10:14 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The bell rang to signal the end of the day and I let out a huge sigh of relief. My muscles were sore from trembling since the end of lunch, my cheeks aching from smiling. It was like all afternoon i'd had butterflies in my stomach, no not butterflies that's not the right word. Bees. Buzzing all over my body, leaving delicate tingling trails as they spread from tip to toe.

Hibiki

This lunchtime seemed like a vague dream, too sweet and perfect that it couldn't truly have happened. I thought it did though. Lips. I put a hand to my lips, pressing them to hold in a little mutter of joy. I could only hope he was half as excited by it as I was. For all I know he could already be forgetting about it! A thought that made my stomach flip.

As I got my books ready I kept a darting gaze on Hibiki, willing anybody who neared him to keep their distance. I wanted to monopolize his attention. Suddenly I felt extremely greedy.

Hands shaking I made my way over to him, my cheeks burning and my eyes trained on my feet. Finally I stood before him, wringing my hands overcome with a bizarre nervousness. I'd never felt so excited and so worried before in my life. All around me the chatter and laughter of other people didn't quite manage to stifle the roaring in my ears.

"I was...I was wondering...that...you see..." I mumbled, tailing off awkwardly. Strapping on a bit of backbone I forced myself into meeting his eyes, even though i'm sure my cheeks resembled tomatoes "Would you like to do something...with me that is...today?"

I looked away before I could catch his reaction, instead focusing on a bit of peeling wallpaper beside the lockers "Not that you have to or anything I was just...yeah."

11.24.2009, 05:07 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

"I'm not too sure, actually," I replied, "Has anyone been there with Fubi?"

"And are we heading there straight off? Wasn't Na-chan going to show us something?" I added, more to myself as I wondered where she was. I couldn't spot her in the crowd.

There was Hibiki with Chi but something about the way Chi was avoiding looking at him and blushing made me think better of calling out to him.

12.02.2009, 06:41 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Still unable to keep my face quite straight, I busied myself changing into my outdoor shoes as people milled about, going to and from their lockers. The now familiar pool of black lay on the floor in front of me, unmoving.

Then, just as I'd finished putting my shoes on, the shadow moved, as if stepping aside to let a pair of feet stand there. My eyes began to drift upwards, but then stopped suddenly. Almost ended up looking like a cliched slice-of-life anime hero there, hmm?

Instead, I straighted up so that I was looking down at the owner of the feet.

quote:
"I was...I was wondering...that...you see... Would you like to do something...with me that is...today?"
Chi didn't spot my own embarassment as she looked away instantly and continued in a rambling sort of fashion. She was obviously feeling extremely shy, so I took the chance to sound a bit more calm and in control than usual.

"Yeah, sounds good," I answered. "Got any ideas?"

That very last bit sounded a bit too calm and in control.

"Ah, um... I didn't mean that to sound so sleazy... Or maybe it didn't! Or..."

Keep on digging.

12.12.2009, 06:17 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Yeah, sounds good, Got any ideas?"

My smile froze momentarily as I realised I hadn't actually had any ideas. This was as far ahead as I had planned, and now I could feel a trickle of unease down my spine. It was at that moment that the irritating buzz of a nearby mobile phone caught my attention. Illumination. I had been meaning to visit the nearby technology shop, only a station away, that had some new mobile phones in.

Meanwhile whilst I pondered Hibiki seemed to have degenerated into some sort of nervous rambling. For some reason I prefer this nervous, jittery Hibiki to the cool and collected one who'd greeted me. "Don't worry, you sound fine!" I laughed, walking with him along the corridor.

I was thinking...I need to get a new phone, would you come with me?" I asked cautiously, mentally bracing for a rebuffal. That my tentative feelings were at all returned was a constant suprisal to me "It's just one stop away."

12.15.2009, 04:25 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As the throng of homeward bound students thinned, I found myself a little behind. I picked up my pace, having a train to catch after all, but when my ears detected the mention of a rather infamous name, I paused. It was Icchan, with Takako. Karinushi hm? Her house? It's shadow stuff, Kazu-chan.~ I glanced over at them again; they hadn't noticed me. I glanced at my watch. Time was running out for that train. But you were just thinking you'd like to miss the train some day, right? Here's your chance. I half-smiled at the thought, my pathetic idea of rebellion against parents who overly concerned with punctuality. Pathetic perhaps, but it would be a nice little start wouldn't it?

"Hey." I waved at the two of them, walking over as the last students trickled out of the doors in pairs and trios.

My Anime List

01.31.2010, 03:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

"Oh, hey Kazuo," I replied half-heartedly. Then my feet paused for half a beat.

Who told HIM where we were going?

"So... you? I asked, just to see his reaction.

02.05.2010, 10:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was a peculiar atmosphere that surrounded us as we gathered by the lockers. Hm. "Us". It's that label again, that group of us who seem to have fallen randomly together because of the Shadows, while around us the rest of the school and the city and the world turns and turns, oblivious to what's happening, like some second-rate Shounen manga.

Icchan was there, then Tanaka-san arrived. I looked around for the others knowing they would trickle in eventually.

I went to my locker, threw my outdoor boots on the floor and sat down to pull them on, finally getting up to drop my school shoes back in.

Icchan spoke up. It was a bit weird, like he sounded nervous to suggest it.

quote:
"So."

quote:
"I'm not too sure, actually," Tanaka-san replied, "Has anyone been there with Fubi?"

"And are we heading there straight off? Wasn't Na-chan going to show us something?"
"Hino," I supplied, without looking round, "On the Yokohama line." Then I did turn round. It struck me then... I honestly couldn't remember, had I told them about that time I saw her home on the bus? All in all it was kind of an embarrassing episode; not one I wanted everyone to know of.

"Er, yeah. It’s the 427 bus. I er... I go past it sometimes," I lied rather transparently.

Actually, just shut up, you're digging a bigger and bigger hole.

I was saved by Kazuo arriving, he and Icchan exchanged greetings. I lifted a hand in hello and gave him a lazy "Yo."

"Na-chan?" I said to Tanaka-san, "Why? What's she been saying now?"

05.04.2010, 11:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
"Hino. On the Yokohama line."

Sadoru supplied. And then offered an explanation as an afterthought. Huh, that's interesting. I wonder if something happened before Fubi-san disappeared.

I raised an eyebrow at him but before anything came of it, Kazuo joined us. Icchan was so welcoming that I had to try not to roll my eyes as I added, "Hello Kazuo, did you hear about the visit to Fubi-san's place, then?"

After another couple minutes of mingling, we were pretty much set to go, other than Na-chan that is. Where ever is she?
quote:
"Na-chan? Why? What's she been saying now?"

At Sadoru's question, I realized that we hadn't had a chance to tell him.

"Well, I'm not really sure what exactly she was saying but she wanted to show us something after the visit. Have you heard anything about torii from Aoi-chi? That's what she wants to show us...it's here on the school grounds and she seemed really excited about it. "

08.02.2010, 03:09 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was beginning to feel quite foolish. Your default state, no? Fortunately, Chi seemed to wave my rambling nonsense away without a second thought, and so we made our way along the corridor.

quote:
"I was thinking...I need to get a new phone, would you come with me?"
She was talking in a very nervous way again, which was a bit odd for her, but understandable.

"Oh, yeah, if you like!" I replied, trying to sound realistically eager, but probably sounding as if going to a phone shop was the realisation of all my childhood dreams. "Want to go just now then?" I added in a more measured tone of voice.

As we walked, I moved closer to her, but gradually enough that it might not be noticed. Now and then our fingers would brush, and my heart would leap in a very unmanly fashion.

Please tell me you aren't going to be like this constantly from now on...

08.02.2010, 05:01 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

As we walked I kept sneaking looks at his face, trying to discern whether the nerves I had suddenly been overcome by were bothering him too. He looked as laid-back as usual, seemingly unfazed by the events from earlier and for a second I felt my stomach sink. Then he replied to my query, his words tumbling out with a wave of enthusiasm which would shame even the most avid sports fan. Maybe it's not just me whose feeling a little shy.

quote:
"Want to go just now then?"

Strengthened by my realisation that things weren't quite as uneven as i'd previously feared, I answered his question in my normal chirpy tone, "If that's okay with you! There's a cafe next door too that does a mean hot chocolate..." I was distracted by how close he suddenly seemed, our fingers brushing as we walked, What was I saying? I felt my cheeks begin to burn, forcing my gaze to concentrate on the wall beside me, as if the study of the flaking paint on the wall was suddenly impossibly important. Pull it together, Chi, it's o-"

One second I was staring at the wall, hoping my long hair would cover my beaming cheeks, the next I was tumbling towards the ground. Without thinking I grabbed at the closest thing to me, steadying myself just in time with a sigh of relief. Soft and warm. Looking down at my hand I found it curled tightly around Hibiki's. Releasing it with a yelp I quickly knelt on the ground, picking up the pencil that had sent me tumbling and straightened up. Forcing myself to look at Hibiki I grinned, "Here's me thinking I'd make it through the day without falling over anything." I tucked it into my pocket and began walking once again, this time placing my feet far more carefully, checking that he was still following me.

My hand still felt warm.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 08.03.2010, 11:49 AM.

08.03.2010, 09:51 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks