QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Having suddenly blurted out a suggestion, I felt a bit embarassed, and half-tried to cover up the fact I'd even opened my mouth. Luckily, the others seemed to agree with me, so it was okay.

I was about to speak again (Are you sure you can handle talking that much??) to ask if we ought to head out now, when a woman approached. She looked down at us all. Maybe it was my imagination, but it seemed like she focused on me particularly.

Who is she...?

She answered the question by introducing herself halfway through her conversation with Satomi. Apparently, she taught mathematics. With a kind of forced politeness, Satomi explained further.

quote:
"Enomoto-sensei will be tutoring me in maths for a while."
Oh. Best not to ask then... I looked back and forth between Tanaka and Aoi, trying not to look up at the woman. I hoped one of them would say something, because I definitely had nothing to say.

quote:
"Ah, Enomoto-sensei, shitsurei shimasu. We're just on our way outside..."
Thank you! "Yeah..." was the only response I could think of.

06.04.2009, 04:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ENOMOTO REI

I was making Satomi-san uncomfortable. This had been a bad idea after all. Time to make my exit. The young people seemed happy and relaxed enough, or rather, the two girls did. The brown haired boy was very shy. I smiled down at him but he didn't look up. As an encouragement I patted him on the shoulder and gave a small squeeze, though I don't know why.

Hissori-san

I stepped back with a smile. "I should get on. I have work to do and I am taking up your lunch break. It was lovely to see you Satomi-san and lovely to meet your friends. This evening then? Five o'clock? Goodbye." I raised a hand to the group and nodded at them and withdrew, leaving the school by the main entrance and turning right down the hill towards the train station.

06.04.2009, 09:46 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by yoshiko
"Nope! Everything was juuust fine. I don't really see why you think you made a bad impression, Icchan..."
"No, well..."

Quick subject caused my sentence to be left hanging. Not that I knew what to say anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by yoshiko
"I'm not sure we were introduced properly. Well... I've forgotten your name at least... sorry about that. Do I get a second chance?"
"Ah..." I began, but decided to let Sadoru reply.

I sipped on my juice, thinking.

"Ne Miyamoto, if let's say Sadoru was thinking of hitting on you, what should he do to impress you?"I blurted out before I even realized it.

06.04.2009, 09:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Nope! Everything was juuust fine. I don't really see why you think you made a bad impression, Icchan..."
She twirled round and her skirt flew out. I made every effort to look anywhere except below her waist. Damn. Girls. They must know what effect that has...

You're a bit of a tease, Miss Miyamoto, hm?

Icchan was mumbling something but it was lost in a whirl of Miyamoto-ness.

quote:
"Anyway! I'm forgetting about lunch. Maybe you didn't eat me alive because you were too hungry for this, hmm?"
She sat between us and after teasing Icchan she held out a hand to me. I looked at it, a little surprised and then reached to shake it but she snatched it away. My hand withdrew.

I see. You're not a Tanaka or a Takako are you?

Even so, you're quite something.

I raised a questioning eyebrow at her and grinned anyway.

quote:
"I'm not sure we were introduced properly. Well... I've forgotten your name at least... sorry about that. Do I get a second chance?"
quote:
"Ah..."
I glanced across Miyamoto at Icchan but nothing further came. I looked back at this rather frisky girl. "I'm not so sure you're the sort of girl who does proper introductions. But shake my hand and we'll start over." I held my hand out ready to pull it away the moment she tried to shake it.

After that little game I smelled their hot food. "You got the curry? Ow. Didn't you know Isakaya curry is on the list of government banned substances. Don't breathe on me this afternoon!" I reached under the bench and retrieved my bento. I opened the box, snapped my chopsticks and speared a piece of chicken. It was half way to my lips when...

quote:
"Ne Miyamoto, if let's say Sadoru was thinking of hitting on you, what should he do to impress you?"

I froze.

The chicken slipped from my chopsticks and bouncing off my knee landed in Miyamoto's lap.

Er. Right.

Slowly I reached down with my chopsticks... "Sumimasen..." and retrieved the food off her skirt and skilfully lifting the sticks, flipped the offending piece of chicken over my shoulder into a waste bin.

"Er. Well. Okayu. Okayu Sadoru. Pleased to meet you." I gave her a small nod. "But I'm not counting that as a second chance. I think Icchan just blew his one though."

06.04.2009, 10:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The woman turned out to be Kazuo's tutor and although she seemed nice enough, he looked incredibly uncomfortable. It was all a bit awkward, really. Aoi bluntly but quite nicely diffused the situation and even Hibiki-san offered a weak agreement.

Enomoto-san took the hint and excused herself. The relief in the air was obvious and feeling a little responsible, I gave her a smile and said, "It was nice meeting you."

Once she was gone, I turned towards the others and suggested, "Shall we go, then?"

Not that I wasn't curious about why Kazuo was at such unease with a woman he was going to being seeing frequently but I didn't think he'd be very forthcoming after being in the spotlight so I left off.

06.04.2009, 10:06 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She not too subtly dodged my question about kissing and I felt my curiosity sharpen.

If it had just been Seisaku then I expect you would have answered that question!

Then who...? Icchan perhaps...you're quite close...

I bit my lip against any questions. This isn't a time for interrogations.

We grabbed our lunchboxes from the homeroom and went down to the entrance.

quote:
"Who did you want to find? Some of them are getting their shoes on and talking to... oh!"

"Oh...?" I asked, more than a little confusion in my voice.

I want to understand!

I felt a bizarre mix of frustration and sadness and not being able to grasp what she was talking about.

It must be like this for all the people with shadows. Maybe i'll never understand Na-chan or Hibiki-kun, no matter how hard I tried.

I looked away, a determined frown on my face. No! This can't be that hard. I'm sure if I make the effort I can keep up. Just like maths...

"Where are the people who were getting their shoes on now, and who were they talking to? Can you tell?" I asked, an encouraging smile on my face.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 06.04.2009, 11:32 AM.

06.04.2009, 11:27 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Oh...?"
I looked at her. She looked confused. I smiled and said "Yes. Oh."

because...

quote:
"Where are the people who were getting their shoes on now, and who were they talking to? Can you tell?"
I smiled at her more and walked down a few more steps to the entrance hall. "There!" I pointed at Aigyo-Aoi, Ureshii-Mai, Kuru-Ka and Hazu-Hi.

"They were talking to..."

{{ one of them }}

"Hmm?"

"One of them. But they... she went, have you ever kissed anyone Chi?" I asked. "I mean properly, in a way that feels really good, so your insides tumble all over themselves?"

06.04.2009, 11:55 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"There!"

I looked over, only very slightly suprised to see that she had been right. I already found myself trusting in her 'spidey sense'.

quote:
"They were talking to.. One of them. But they... she went, have you ever kissed anyone Chi? I mean properly, in a way that feels really good, so your insides tumble all over themselves?"

"I...umm..." I found myself going red, my gaze still on the chattering group before us. Well, on one particular member of the group to be exact.

"Not really. I haven't known many boys till I came in, and until recently I was quite..."

Afraid?

"...Nervous about talking to any of them. I think i'd like to though."

"Have you?" I asked, though the answer was obvious.

06.05.2009, 07:02 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
yoshiko
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoshiko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Icchan made a few incoherent noises and his friend made a couple of jokes. I laughed at the right moments, but for now I had nothing more to say.

quote:
"Ne Miyamoto, if let's say Sadoru was thinking of hitting on you, what should he do to impress you?"
Smooth.

Who I imagined was Sadoru dropped chicken on me and then quickly relieved me of it with his chopsticks. This is awkward.

quote:
"Er. Well. Okayu. Okayu Sadoru. Pleased to meet you."
"Y... yeah. You too." Blanking out the comment about Icchan, I took a deep breath and turned to the guilty party. "In answer to your question... I'd recommend skill with chopsticks." I added in a whisper, "that's my secret fetish."

This time I nudged Sadoru instead. "Your friend Sadoru-kun seems to meet that requirement. I guess I'll have to pick him." I leaned on Sadoru's shoulder. "How does that sound?"

06.05.2009, 08:06 AM yoshiko is offline   Profile for yoshiko Add yoshiko to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"It sounds... um."

I think Icchan just blew his one though.

I think I just blew my one though.

I think...

I fished out a tissue from my pocket and offered it to Miyamoto. "Third time lucky?"

06.05.2009, 09:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I rolled my eyes at her as she mock-struggled to figure out where to sit. But when decided on right, and I mean right, next to me, the grin that pulled at the corner of my mouth made it impossible to look exasperated.

quote:
"Choose whatever you like. I want to treat you."

"Oh I like treats," I grinned at her, unrestrained now, "But only if you guess what I want right. If you're wrong, it's my treat."

06.05.2009, 12:25 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Not really. I haven't known many boys till I came in, and until recently I was quite nervous about talking to any of them. I think I'd like to though."

"Have you?"
I stared at her. Her face had gone a funny colour. "Really? Nervous? You? Don't be silly! I can tell you're not nervous, you always mess about so much, laughing and playing, you're really nice to be with, I like you lots and boys must like you even more!"

I grinned at her, eyes wide. "Yes. Last week. It was my first one! It was... amazing!" I wiggled a little at the memory, "Do you want to go join the others?" I glanced across at the group and caught sight of the woman as she went down the steps.

I watched her go, wondering.

06.06.2009, 10:36 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Oh I like treats, but only if you guess what I want right. If you're wrong, it's my treat."
"That's not fair!" Eyes wide I accused her of giving me an impossible task, then melted at her smile and gave her a hug. "How can I guess what you want? Could be anything!"

I had a sudden thought, "Now that I think of it, have we ever discussed food?" I put my hand on hers under the table, "Give me a clue. What sorts of things does Hikari like?"

06.06.2009, 12:58 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
"Really? Nervous? You? Don't be silly! I can tell you're not nervous, you always mess about so much, laughing and playing, you're really nice to be with, I like you lots and boys must like you even more!"

"I've changed a lot recently." I smiled, become stronger thanks to the new people around me.

"I like you a lot too."

quote:
"Yes. Last week. It was my first one! It was... amazing!"

I laughed at her wiggling, her unabashed joy at remembering said moment.

"Maybe i'll get my kiss soon, ne?" I giggled, elbowing her gently in the ribs "Then we can compare."

quote:
"Do you want to go join the others?"

"I..." Hibiki-kun is there. Yes please. "...Wouldn't want to interrupt though. Do you think they'd mind us joining them?" I asked, uncharachteristically shyly.

06.08.2009, 11:40 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Y... yeah. You too. ... In answer to your question... I'd recommend skill with chopsticks. That's my secret fetish."
I raised an eyebrow, I've heard worse. I carried on eating while she played with Icchan but my second bite of chicken got squeezed out of my chopsticks when I was nudged again. It popped up into the air and fell on the floor.

quote:
"Your friend Sadoru-kun seems to meet that requirement. I guess I'll have to pick him."
Sadoru-kun? Getting friendly real fast here. I stared at the chicken on the ground then she leaned on my shoulder. I stared at her head hmm...

quote:
"How does that sound?"
"Sounds like I'm going to go hungry today." Waiting before I went for another mouthful I asked, "How is Miyamoto-san with chopsticks? Good finger control?"

06.10.2009, 03:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"That's not fair! How can I guess what you want? Could be anything!"

"That was the point, rather," I said into her hair as she hugged me. When she pulled back, she had another question for me.

"It's not fair that you get to treat. I want to treat you," I added with a grin that spread when I felt her hand on mine under the table.
quote:
"Now that I think of it, have we ever discussed food? Give me a clue. What sorts of things does Hikari like?"

Letting my thumb gently stroke her hand, I answered, "Hm. Well, okay. Nothing sweet - I have too much of that at home and salty stuff is much better tasting, anyways. I don't like mushy things like porridge or pudding. Fish, I like. Meat, not so much and that's not always fun. Rice is alright but I like bread much better. And curry! Mmm...yes. Is that enough to go on, do you think?"

"Oh and you tell me what you like, too," I finished with a nod.

06.10.2009, 09:16 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

quote:
"I've changed a lot recently."
"Oh? I wonder what Old Chi was like? But I prefer the new one!"

quote:
"I like you a lot too."
"Heeee!" I grinned at her and felt all warm and glowy inside. Friends were nice.

quote:
"Maybe I'll get my kiss soon, ne? Then we can compare."
She elbowed me in the ribs and I giggled too, "You mean you haven't? A girl of the world like you? Wow! We must fix that! Go kiss someone, now!"

quote:
"I wouldn't want to interrupt though. Do you think they'd mind us joining them?"
"I'm sure they won't mind at all! How could they with you here? Come on!" I took her hand and bounced over.

"Hi!" I grinned at the four of them, dragging Chi into the group, "Are you all just about to go for lunch? Can we join you please?"

I glanced up at Chi, must find you someone to get a kiss from right away!

06.12.2009, 04:25 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"It's not fair that you get to treat. I want to treat you."
I waggled a finger at her, "No. Next time. This is my day today. Hikari. Gets. Treated. A. Thank. You. From. Me." With each word I tapped my forefinger lightly on the end of her nose, then, before I could control myself, ran it gently down over her lips and off her chin.

She told me a long list of her culinary likes and dislikes and part way through I began to find it hard to concentrate on her words. I kept wanting to focus on her lips and the movement of her neck as she turned her head. But I made myself pay attention, this was important. Things Hikari Likes. Important stuff. Pay attention!

quote:
"Is that enough to go on, do you think?"
"Mmm." I came back into focus when she stopped talking, "Yeah. I think... Hm. Curry and seafood seems about right. I'm pretty sure they do a king prawn curry here. And soft warm bread to go with it, not rice. How does that sound?"

quote:
"Oh and you tell me what you like, too."
"Well..." I picked up the menu with my free hand and buried my face in it. "I know exactly what I want but. Hn. They don't have it on the menu." I lifted my eyes over the top of the card and looked at her, "You're not on it."

06.12.2009, 04:37 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We started off again, but Kaz said nothing. Poor guy. How to lighten the mood? Change topics. That usually works.

"I'm starving!" I said emphatically. Although, I wasn't really that hungry. "What've you got today, Hibiki?"

No sooner had I asked, than I noticed Na-chan and Chi bolting this way. Or, Na-chan bolting this way, and Chi following a bit reluctantly.

quote:
"Hi! Are you all just about to go for lunch? Can we join you please?"
I gave Mai-chi a smile. If we were going to elect a leader, it would be her, no question. So why have a vote?

Then I glanced from Na-chan to Chi. Kiss who? What? You didn't say that out loud, did you?

06.12.2009, 11:28 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
"Oh? I wonder what Old Chi was like? But I prefer the new one!"

Me too.

quote:
"You mean you haven't? A girl of the world like you? Wow! We must fix that! Go kiss someone, now!"

I laughed, my cheeks glowing slightly.

Ha like who?

Don't answer that.

Na-chan bounced over to the group of people with me following behind, smiling if not a little self-conciously.

I was careful not to look at...yeah.

quote:
"Hi!Are you all just about to go for lunch? Can we join you please?"

I grinned, raising a hand in hello.

06.14.2009, 02:16 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks