QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cbox
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Cbox » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.27.08
  CboxPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just a thought, but for those online, a cbox seemed a good idea as it'll allow a more interactive community and could bring more people together as friends

The one place I know for certain where you can get a cbox is here

12.27.2008, 03:48 PM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I first got into web design people usually called these "shoutboxes".

It's a nice idea but it seems to me like many threads in the general discussion forum are already used in a manner similar to shoutboxes.

12.27.2008, 03:53 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't say no to a cbox sounds like a laugh if you ask me. Easy way for people to chat.

12.28.2008, 05:26 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could someone please enlighten me as to what a cbox is? I clicked on the link but i still don't really get it..

Clicky

12.29.2008, 12:35 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's the thing on the right on this page

http://www.shoutboxes.com/

12.29.2008, 04:12 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a shoutbox sound good so you can talk to people like on Im/Messanger ect but the only bad point is that people my spam in them and they can put what ever name they want
eg. Theowne
"Your all stupid"

and people can just send like that

ps. no offence Theowne it was just the last post ...
also i didnt want to put any thing too offenceive (im not just some 8 year old kid who can't insult =P)

12.29.2008, 04:28 PM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A shout box would be nice.

Check out my music:

12.29.2008, 07:09 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
che ken
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kitsunejr
a shoutbox sound good so you can talk to people like on Im/Messanger ect but the only bad point is that people my spam in them and they can put what ever name they want
eg. Theowne
"Your all stupid"

and people can just send like that

There are some cbox's that require a username and password to enter, meaning it's fixed on who you are. One of my friends sites has that kind of cbox but I've forgotten the url to it

12.31.2008, 06:09 AM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by che ken
There are some cbox's that require a username and password to enter, meaning it's fixed on who you are. One of my friends sites has that kind of cbox but I've forgotten the url to it

That sounds like a better shoutbox so you cant lie about who you are ^^

12.31.2008, 06:13 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think a username/password one would be more complicated than necessary. If we do get one, I expect most of the members here (with a few exceptions, of course ) are mature enough not to pretend to be other people.

12.31.2008, 09:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I think a username/password one would be more complicated than necessary. If we do get one, I expect most of the members here (with a few exceptions, of course ) are mature enough not to pretend to be other people.

Yeah yeah of course nobody would.....

But if a person called umm El Nausico Catos calls everyone stupid dont look at me.

12.31.2008, 10:49 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

quote:

In other words, a place to chat that requires you to have a fixed username and login to post...

That reminds me of something...

12.31.2008, 04:54 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
quote:

In other words, a place to chat that requires you to have a fixed username and login to post...

That reminds me of something...

I think having a chatbox would encourage more detailed talking and getting to know each other better. Of course you can chat in the General Discussion thread but its hard to keep a conversation going and a cbox would save plenty of pointless posts.

01.03.2009, 08:39 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They have one of these on a different forum, I quite enjoy it. lol If only to leave snippets of something weird, since it had a word limit.

The members there found it amusing when I typed in "Kuroshitsuji" in it, it came out Kuro****suji. XD I have no idea why they were so greatly amused although I got it right away. "Demons just don't like giving sh*t about anything". I somehow got quoted for saying that. lol

And another weird thing I said was something about my mother when she first became a teacher.. XD Ah, it's a splendid little device.. thingy..

01.04.2009, 11:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
che ken
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

I've done that once or twice in one of my forums They actually didn't know who I was until I went and ruined it by saying something only I would say.

Am still looking into my friends site to find that lovely cbox again (forgotten his number and also forgotten the name of the site so it's taking a while lol)

01.04.2009, 02:58 PM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is a good idea!!
i like them

01.10.2009, 03:09 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks