QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Help! Avatar problem.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Site Related Suggestions & Bug Reports Help! Avatar problem. Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Help! Avatar problem.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, this is really weird. So I wanted to change my avatar, and everytime I tried to use a new one it wouldn't change to the new avatar, it would just stay the same. So then I deleted that avatar, and tried reuploading a new avatar, and all it says is that I didn't fill out all the fields correctly. WTF??? So now I don't have an avatar...it's depressing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Sunny

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

02.10.2007, 05:00 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We've had this problem before, and it came up again lately. Does anybody know why this happens?

02.10.2007, 05:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah...I heard about it. Aw..so sad...I liked my avatar...LOL. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

02.10.2007, 05:03 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im not sure it could be bandwidth issues, but it has been happening a lot, just hang tight i guess, sorry i dont knowing else that can help.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.10.2007, 06:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

maybe...oh well...i'll just have to wait it out...aww, should have never deleted my avvie. LOL

02.10.2007, 06:32 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
im not sure it could be bandwidth issues, but it has been happening a lot, just hang tight i guess, sorry i dont knowing else that can help.

Well if its a problem with the bandwith I think we all know what that problem is....it's all those ******* empty profile that keep being created and never used there's hundreds of pages of them....

02.10.2007, 07:57 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We should request that UO deletes all accounts that are a certain age that have never posted.

02.10.2007, 08:07 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can upload an avatar either.
I thought it was just because
my computer is an older model
with an ancient internet connection.
If that's not the promblem I am
interested in the solution too.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

02.11.2007, 01:05 AM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
Lilgreenpea
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lilgreenpea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*sobs* my avatar has gone too...

ooO Sig by me, The little green pea Ooo

02.11.2007, 02:24 PM Lilgreenpea is offline   Profile for Lilgreenpea Add Lilgreenpea to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Yeah! So sad...I agree with Seiji...where is UO?

02.11.2007, 05:04 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll ask to delete my friends ones. They never use theirs..
Yes, those accounts no one uses. DELETE EM!
Including Ray's..MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

02.11.2007, 06:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i kmow its not fair i want an avatar as well

02.12.2007, 08:29 AM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry guys, it's not my fault! >.< lol
the server is acting up again, and I cant figure out why, since I'm not anywhere physically near the srever I cant really probe any deeper. The server-admin isnt really helping either, he told me there's nothing wrong :/

maybe the problem will solve itself if we just give it some time -.-.... we had this prob before and then it was fixed for a while

/sighhhhhhhhhhh

02.12.2007, 03:57 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Sunchaser
Totoro

It's okay UO! Don't cry! ^_~ Thank you for trying to help...I shall just try and patiently wait it out....*sighs* Hee Hee! =^.^= *mrrraow!*

02.13.2007, 01:49 AM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO

sorry guys, it's not my fault! >.< lol
the server is acting up again, and I cant figure out why, since I'm not anywhere physically near the srever I cant really probe any deeper. The server-admin isnt really helping either, he told me there's nothing wrong :/

maybe the problem will solve itself if we just give it some time -.-.... we had this prob before and then it was fixed for a while

/sighhhhhhhhhhh

Oh it's really too bad .

Not only the avatar uploading page in the personal profile section fails to work properly, those in other sections in the forums are funky too.

I have checked the CHMODS of the directories and it doesn't seem to have any problem. Moreover, the uploading function of the main-page news script is working properly too. Most probably a problem of either the php scripts of the board, or certain tables in the sql database dedicated to avatar stuff...

Well we can only wait-and-see. Actually when I first joined these forums in another account a long time ago, it took me about a week to get my avatar uploaded.

Anyway, to everyone who is reading this message, please DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE YOUR AVATAR in the meantime if you already have a working one. Sorry for the inconvenience. m (_ _) m

02.13.2007, 04:29 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's okay.
Hm, and my smilies go a little weird
some times, but I'm sick so I may be seeing
things like last time I watched TCR..

02.13.2007, 08:49 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Thanks Jiji, for your insightful information. I shall just wait it out. ^_^ I haven't talked to you in a while. How are you?

02.13.2007, 07:23 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to know thanky you xD

p.s Sorry ive like hardly been on at all recently!!

02.15.2007, 03:53 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, Haruko, you haven't and I have a surprise for you too.
Hee hee.^^
Hm, I don't wanna change mine.

02.16.2007, 12:02 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whats suprise?!?!

02.16.2007, 01:37 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks