QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - After Nausicaa...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » After Nausicaa... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  After Nausicaa...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What do you think happened after the Nausicaa manga ended? Did she go back to the valley of the wind? Or did she go and live in the forest with Selm? Or did she go another direction entirely? What do you think?

09.10.2008, 06:54 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Never read the Manga.
Only saw the movie.
My library refuses to get the Manga for some reason.

09.11.2008, 03:07 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How many volumes of the manga is there? Because the library has quite a lot of it, but I might be able to get it all at the next con. *wish it wasn't so big, no matter how pretty it is >.<* They don't sell it around here because of its size, but I can get it from the library if I find they have all the volumes. I took one a couple months ago out. ^^

09.11.2008, 07:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Eye-see
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.25.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Eye-see Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm. never read the Manga too. anyway which ending do you prefer??

09.12.2008, 07:49 AM Eye-see is offline   Profile for Eye-see Add Eye-see to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sigh.....
@foreignfilmfreak
There are 7 volumes of the manga. My library only had the first 2 volumes... I held them hostage for about a year before returning them (of course i renewed them several times). Then I recently bought volumes 2, 4-7 at Barnesandnoble.com... I had the luck to find volumes 1 and 3 at my local bookstore one day.
I rather like the large size myself. But then, I have a few of the old original viz magazines to compare them to. (Small size and black ink coupled with really big translated sound effects and flipped format... Yeah, the new bigger sized ones are much better. Brown ink, large size to show the deatil in the art, sound effects golssary in the back, original format. Well, yeah... ) Hmm... If it's price you worry about, they're about the same price as a regular manga you get at the bookstore. About $9.99 a book.

@Eye-see
Hmm... Actually... I really dont know. I've read the manga twice all the way through once when I was constantly interrupted by people, and the other time more recently on the bus... buses are noisy too. I need to find a quieter place to read. Anyways, Nausicaa really confuses me at the end, so... I really dont know! I'm going to have to read it again in a quieter place... Towards the end it seemes like Nausicaa cared more about the ohmu and the forest than people.

Post last edited by animekittynya on 09.13.2008, 12:05 AM.

09.12.2008, 11:53 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, thank you~. ^^ I'm sure they'll be easy to find.

And if they're 9.99$ for you, they must be 11.99$ for me. Fine by me. ^^ I think the library might actually have 1-5. But I can buy these. They have a lot of Howl and Totoro stuff galore here. o_O

Viz mangas nice. I don't buy the magazines by them, unless they have series I seriously love in them that'll be coming out soon. Pwetty~!

09.13.2008, 03:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Ah, thank you~. ^^ I'm sure they'll be easy to find.

And if they're 9.99$ for you, they must be 11.99$ for me. Fine by me. ^^ I think the library might actually have 1-5. But I can buy these. They have a lot of Howl and Totoro stuff galore here. o_O

Viz mangas nice. I don't buy the magazines by them, unless they have series I seriously love in them that'll be coming out soon. Pwetty~!

Ahh, lucky!! Here, it's rare to find someone who even knows what Ghibli is. It's sad... Although a few of the people who work at the movie section of my local barnes and noble like ghibli. -Yes, I frequent barnes and noble a lot.-
Oh, yeah. I checked, and I was wrong!! Heh, the magazines were the Studio Proeitus or something like that translation, but they were published by viz, i think. They're like a little book with 40 or so pages of the manga flipped. I got 'em on ebay. Yeay ebay!!

09.14.2008, 12:00 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks