QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ponyo pictures...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ponyo pictures... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Ponyo pictures...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found some pictures from an exhibition of 'Ponyo' in Tokyo. The clay things are kind of scary..

There's more pics here if you want to look at them.
http://www.daylife.com/photo/07ZLh1HbV8eVH

Coming soon! A Ponyo picture overload!!

Post last edited by animekittynya on 08.29.2008, 02:38 PM.

08.28.2008, 09:23 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmm
nice!!

08.29.2008, 01:45 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The second one was used in a news report, so it's quite old, but the rest are new to me. I'm guessing they're gonna end up in the ghibli museum at some point, which sadly prohibits phototaking

Btw, who's the other little girl?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.29.2008, 08:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
The second one was used in a news report, so it's quite old, but the rest are new to me. I'm guessing they're gonna end up in the ghibli museum at some point, which sadly prohibits phototaking

Oh, really? Ah, sorry for using old images, then... Heeh... They're from July 17, 2008, so... Yeah, that's about a month old. But they might be new pictures to other people, so I put them up anyway. Yeah, they might end up at the Ghibli museum... I never thought of that.

quote:
Btw, who's the other little girl?

The other little girl.... in the bottom picture in blue?

This one?

I do not understand much Japanese at all, but saw Ponyo anyway, so all I gathered was...

--Spoilers coming...--

Everyone called her 'Kumiko-chan'. She was at Sosuke's daycare (?) center. Didnt seem to like Sosuke much, but followed him when he went to check on Ponyo (He brought ponyo with him to the daycare center but hid her outside under some bushes because he thought the teacher wouldnt let him bring a pet (?). At least, I think that's it... Thats the impression that i got from the visuals, anyway and what dialouge i could understand which was like, every 20th word. So I may be wrong.) Anyway, Sosuke tried to hide ponyo from her, but she kept saying she wanted to see what it was. So Sosuke showed her Ponyo and was like, 'Isnt she cute?' or something like that... and Kumiko said she didnt think ponyo was cute at all (I think...) and Ponyo spit water all over her. So Kumiko was a minor character that appeared in that one scene near the beginning, then later towards the end she appeared with the people that were in boats because the town was flooded and yelled at Sosuke. That's it.

08.29.2008, 12:07 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeayy!!! Time for the Ponyo picture overload part 1!!!

Risa and Sosuke's House

Ponyo peeking out of a hole

Sosuke coming down from the cliff

Sosuke discovers ponyo

Ponyo squirts water at Sosuke

Sosuke walking into the daycare center.

Part 2 coming soon!
Pictures from- http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/20...sions/#more-954

08.29.2008, 12:28 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not sure I want to watch Ponyo now.
Sorry, I just can't stand disproportionate things. It annoys the hell out of me. :|

08.29.2008, 01:38 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
Sorry, I just can't stand disproportionate things. It annoys the hell out of me. :|

I'm curious, what do you actually mean by 'disproportionate' ?

08.29.2008, 02:08 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Artoo
quote:

Yeah, same here. How does that apply to Ponyo?

08.29.2008, 03:11 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
animekittynya
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
quote:

Yeah, same here. How does that apply to Ponyo?

Ahh! Maybe he's talking about the last picture of the clay figures! Yeah, because the heads are too big and the people figurines are about as big as the figure of the daycare nursery building.
Edit- and Ponyo is way too big

Post last edited by animekittynya on 08.29.2008, 03:19 PM.

08.29.2008, 03:17 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
animekittynya
Ohmu

Ahh... Here it is, what you've all been waiting for! Ponyo picture overload part 2!! YEAYY!!! Although i'm not sure if anybody was looking forward to it... Probably not!
Pictures are still from http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/20...sions/#more-954

Enjoy!!
Note- I'm not posting all of the pictures from the blog, so if you want to see all of them, you can go there. I'm just posting some of the ones that caught my attention.

Sosuke and Kumiko

Sosuke escapes!

Ponyo's talking!!??

A pretty shot of the nursery and daycare center.

Sosuke and Risa's house as evening nears.

Sosuke sends light signals to his dad.

08.29.2008, 03:28 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Artoo
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It looks really great, I hope I can see it soon. Apparently it's getting a release in the UK in April '09.

Sorry if I missed it, but where are these pictures actually sourced from? They look a bit stretched out like they're being shown at the wrong aspect ratio or something. Not that I don't appreciate seeing them, like I said I think it looks wonderful.

08.29.2008, 04:53 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

Well, I just can't stand to watch things with too many kids in them for some reason. Ponyo looks disproportionate in general. If you were me, you'd know.

08.29.2008, 05:07 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If we were you?

I can't wait to see Ponyo, yay!! That witch looks like the awesomest bad guy ever.

Ponyo, ponyo, ponyo!! *cue theme song*

08.29.2008, 05:20 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

quote:
Sorry if I missed it, but where are these pictures actually sourced from? They look a bit stretched out like they're being shown at the wrong aspect ratio or something. Not that I don't appreciate seeing them, like I said I think it looks wonderful.

They're from here... http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/20...sions/#more-954
like I said before... I dont know where the original person got them from. But you're right, they do look stretched out. I thought that when I first saw them, but then was like, oh well, take what you can get, because I havent found a bunch of ponyo pictures floating around out there.

quote:
Well, I just can't stand to watch things with too many kids in them for some reason. Ponyo looks disproportionate in general. If you were me, you'd know.

..........What? So.... ponyo looks..... too big? Too small? Too... weird? And whaddaya mean, 'too many kids'? Have you seen My Neighbor Totoro? About 3 kids in it. Satsuki, Mei, Kanta. Well Ponyo has about the same number of kids. (about 3. sosuke, ponyo, kumiko. that's about it.)

quote:
I can't wait to see Ponyo, yay!! That witch looks like the awesomest bad guy ever.

.......Witch?...... Please explain. Heeh...

08.29.2008, 06:45 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Artoo
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by animekittynya
They're from here... http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/20...sions/#more-954
like I said before... I dont know where the original person got them from. But you're right, they do look stretched out. I thought that when I first saw them, but then was like, oh well, take what you can get, because I havent found a bunch of ponyo pictures floating around out there.

Oh ok, yeah I'm glad to see some good pics from the film too

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well that's fair enough if it's just how you feel for whatever reason(s), but I still don't understand your use of the word 'disproportionate'. Disproportionate to what exactly? What would be 'proportionate' in the context you're using the word? Is it age? Height?! I'm confused.

08.29.2008, 09:30 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Both age and height, really.
I honestly don't understand myself sometimes. :|

08.30.2008, 12:05 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@animekittynya
I clicked on the other pictures, and saw this with guy... the striped shirt person? Yeah!

08.30.2008, 03:25 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
@animekittynya
I clicked on the other pictures, and saw this with guy... the striped shirt person? Yeah!

Hm? So, you mean that was the 'witch' you were talking about? I'm a bit confused...

08.30.2008, 03:18 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They won't end up in the Ghibli Museum, but they will probably find their way into the figure exhibit. I saw it once at the Tokyo Museum of Contemporary Art. Here is Porco:

08.31.2008, 06:36 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

porco looks awesome

08.31.2008, 09:06 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks