QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  528  529  530  531  532  533  534  535  536  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: My job application for a field technician got a reply, although just for additional information. Fingers crossed.

Before anyone asks, I don't see a change from an engineer to a technician as a step down the ladder. They're both really the same thing when it comes down to it, plus I'm more of a hands-on person than a desk warrior.

I'm just worried that the ad might be misleading. It says I get an additional $820 transportation allowance, but I'll have to use my own vehicle. And with gas at $2+ a liter plus parking, I'll probably cross that line real quick, assuming I get that full amount, which is my worry. Also, I need to check if that allowance is taxable.

Still, the idea of being able to buy my own car is tempting

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.18.2014, 12:37 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hoping for the best for both you and FFF...

04.18.2014, 03:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Can't.....stop...procrastinating. I have a big essay in for Wednesday and essentially not a lick of it has gotten done. And I haven't even begun any of the reading for my modules, ick.

HL: Back to uni and the boyfriend tomorrow!

04.18.2014, 06:01 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Saw a doctor. My face swelled up and everyone at the hospital liked to point out how miserable I look. I was admitted in right away, and the nurses would stop and ask what happened to me. lol

Anyway, this morning I came to realize I'm probably highly allergic to the lotion my last doctor recommended for my sensitive skin. It might be made for sensitive skin, but it sure as hell has turned my whole body into sand paper. :s

I'm supposed to have an exam tonight, but emailed my prof and filled out a form for accommodation. Have to go back to the hospital today to get a note and see if I can be prescribed anything to reduce how hot my body feels.

Hopefully hear back from my prof and get something to stop this damn itching. >.< I feel miserable and get chills, and just want to sleep because it keeps me up all night even with meds.

Also, the meds I was prescribed cause my face to bloat and for me to become super emotional. Apparently it can cause me to have weird feelings... my poor boyfriend had to calm me down for hours because I kept crying and beating the bed.

04.19.2014, 06:52 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hang in there, FFF... We're feeling for you...

04.20.2014, 02:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ FFF *hugs. Carefully.* Hope you feel better soon. >_<

HL: Aww man, so much delicious food has been eaten this day. Most of it being chocolate in various forms, naturally. And now I'm in a really good mood. ^_^

My Anime List

04.20.2014, 03:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Got a new medication. It's working, but I can barely walk or stay awake. If I'm not better by tomorrow, they want me to go back to the hospital for an IV. Geh. Not sure how to get my work accomplished now..

Prof was very understanding, and I sent her my doctor's note. Not sure if I need exemption from my last two exams, but I might need a longer extension on a huge English project. :s I think my prof will understand..

04.20.2014, 03:12 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Guess what, I'm sick too. Really bad sore throat, painful to swallow, on top of hurting my jaw last week while eating. Yay.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.21.2014, 11:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Feeling back to normal, just very distant and unmotivated. University hasn't gotten back to me on rescheduling my missed exam and not sure how I'll do on my last two exams plus a project.

It's not a terrible idea to ask your prof for a day or two extension on a paper you're already doing on an extension because you didn't expect to fall ill, right? I sent him my doctor's note.

I don't know... just feeling totally off. Probably a side effect.

04.21.2014, 05:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Went to a local restaurant called Sizzler's and had a very good salad bar and ordered a 6-oz sirloin steak medium rare with steak fries. When the steak arrived, the little stick tag said 'rare' and it was, BLOOD rare... So I sent it back... nibbling on the fries... Another steak came out of the kitchen and it was 'well done', too me like shoe leather. Back it went... nibbled some more fries, sipped my lemonade... Steak #3 was even more 'rare' than steak #1!!! Can we all say 'RAW', more or less? Finally the Asst. Mgr. arrived on scene and went back to cook my steak himself... Perfecto!!! I dined well... Meanwhile, I was given the 'rare' (raw?) steak to take home with me in a 'doggy-box' along with the rest of the fries and half of my perfect steak... Why? Because I was full from the 'nibbling', lol...

Oh, and BTW, They gave me a refund...

And then I later went to bingo and won the first game...

A nice evening...

Oh, I am eating the steak and fries that I brought home for lunch... (properly cooked, of course).

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.22.2014, 03:27 PM.

04.22.2014, 03:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Quick, how do you "properly cook" medium rare?

HL: Sore throat's almost gone.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.22.2014, 08:35 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

What I did: Micro-waved it for 2 minutes... It turned out very tasty and tender...

04.23.2014, 02:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Ignorance is bliss"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y68ErffgM

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.23.2014, 08:06 AM.

04.23.2014, 08:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I got an A for the first time on a paper in university. *O*

Not in my degree, but in my favourite course. My prof said she enjoyed the work I had submitted and let me know how much she appreciated me in her class. Also discovered she's a secret Kpop fan. lol

04.23.2014, 09:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's lovely news! *dances*

HL: I am staying with some good friends for a while, they have been so amazingly generous to me. They're away for easter week on holiday so I'm cleaning their house for them, top to bottom.

Its turning out to be a whole lot of fun and very rewarding.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.24.2014, 01:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Done my second year of university! Hopefully my English prof enjoys my project (sort of deviated from some guidelines on purpose..).

LL: Which means it's almost factory time for me.. ew.

Oh yeah, I was hit by a car last night when seeing my friend off. The weather was crazy and the car wasn't on a slope either. They had initially sort of slowed down, but then sort of sped up and pushed me out into the street. I didn't realize what was going on but jumped off the street as fast as possible because I didn't want another car to hit me. Didn't get hurt, but was so scared. They pulled back up but I was in a rush and kept going....

04.25.2014, 12:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watch out for yourself, young'n....

Damn, two years already???

04.25.2014, 06:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Lost my voice. Most of it anyway, except for the astounding soprano-like low bass.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.26.2014, 10:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL of yesterday: CITIES ARE STRESSFUL OMG.

HL of yesterday: Got the date for my chest surgery, December 15th. Later than I was expecting but it's alright. Also the surgeon is lovely, I really like her.

My Anime List

04.30.2014, 07:10 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
dealing with Mother Nature. Currently having steady winds of about 30-45 miles an hour with gusts up to about 85. A small tree from across the street has broken off from its lower trunk and I've had some branches coming down in my yard. I am concerned about a tall, brittle tree just up-wind of my house... That's where most of the branches are coming from... My TV and Internet access comes and goes. It is supposed to continue on into the afternoon hours...

Good thing I like to read, lol

04.30.2014, 01:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  528  529  530  531  532  533  534  535  536  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks