QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  436  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  444  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Nana. I hope you'll like it here.

HL: Finally, finally, getting my head down and studying a little bit of Japanese properly. My friend who speaks it well has given me his Genki 1 and Genki 2 textbooks. Got some basics down already, which is satisfying. I know I shouldn't go into this too optimistically though, I hear that it gets hellish once you have start learning kanji. :')

LL: Same as Nana, lol. Still ill.

My Anime List

06.19.2012, 11:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaze quote:
"still ill"

They used to call that 'hungover', lol

sorry, Kaze, my mind has a life of its own, sometimes...

(as in moonshine still) lol

hope you are feeling better soon...

06.19.2012, 12:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

HL: Finally, finally, getting my head down and studying a little bit of Japanese properly. My friend who speaks it well has given me his Genki 1 and Genki 2 textbooks. Got some basics down already, which is satisfying. I know I shouldn't go into this too optimistically though, I hear that it gets hellish once you have start learning kanji. :')

That's the same textbook we use in my japanese classes :) It's a good textbook, the parts with grammar are explained well.

HL: I'm soon done at my current job, which is not too fun, and will start working at a souvenir shop on thursday :)

06.19.2012, 03:18 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Headache passed~.

LL: Fatigued, and "something" hasn't happened yet. :/ Waiting for it since it's supposed to ruin my day tomorrow, since it obviously doesn't want to start today.. I had bad cramps yesterday and felt like it started, but it didn't. It feels like it has. It's bugging the nerves out of me.

Maybe all the worry over it means it won't come. ._. Weird.. It should. But I have pretty strong willpower to off set something like that.

EDIT: Beginning to get really excited for tomorrow!! And although I'm wearing a yukata obi and full bangs, which are considered childish for kimono, they fit me very well. X3

Got to sleep soon so I can wake up early enough to give myself a bit of a facial and apply fake nails. heehee Even though they're child-sized, they're still too big... I hate having freakishly tiny nails.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.19.2012, 09:15 PM.

06.19.2012, 05:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Played bingo again, tonight...

LL:
didn't win... but, hey, my streak of luck had to end sometime...

But we had six winners at our table alone!!!! out of 8 people... one lady won twice...

on the table on one side of us there were three winners and the other table next to us had two winners...

We all had fun joking around and all, lol
=========================

It is now after 3:15 AM here so I had best get to sleep... been watching TV

Good Morning, FFF... have a fun day...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.20.2012, 06:18 AM.

06.20.2012, 06:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup yup, it's a day to feel like a princess!!

HL: Going to start getting read soon~. Why am I up so early? o.o

Got to pack my clutch and find my umbrella. Got the fan all set. Need to cut up an orange to munch on for later to keep me from fainting.

Not sure what to wear for earrings though. O: Maybe my mom will let me borrow her rose stud ones.

06.20.2012, 07:59 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you all so much for the welcomes, I am enjoying here a lot ^^~

HL: I slept as much as I wanted! And all day with no tasks (at least, until now).

06.20.2012, 10:25 AM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck FFF! So looking forward to seeing the photos! You're going to look awesome, I know!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.20.2012, 12:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh have fun FFF, make sure to take lots of photos for us

HL: MY EXAMS ARE OVER, OH MY GOD YES!

LL: I'm not sure how well they went. Also I swear if I have learnt anything since splitting up with my boyfriend is that men are disappointing creatures. As soon as you're single, all those guys you thought were your friends, are suddenly extremely intent on being more than friends. It's just so like, ugh. At a point where I need my friends more than ever it's become kind of awkward with at least three of them. Poo.

06.20.2012, 06:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can't say I've ever been in the same boat as you, NC. XD Whenever I was single, I was never noticed by an ant. haha

I don't know why, males just don't.. like me openly.

HL: Here's a photo for you allz for the evening~. I'll have more!
This one is kinda messy looking. IT WAS RIDICULOUSLY HOT. My boyfriend has a number of photos to give me.

Sadly my kimono got wrinkled and my under kimono needs a good washing. But it was worth it (my kimono seems safe to iron, never washed it though.. but I'll take it to the dry cleaners if I need to).

Sorry for the fact it looks a little run down. You would be too. lol
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa38...es/IMG_3952.jpg

06.20.2012, 10:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OMG, where in the heck did this good-looking young lady come from?????

I swear, FFF, You are looking NICE!!!! I love the kimono... I do not want to ever hear you say that you don't look good... because it would be a lie!!! And I am sure that others will agree...

NOW, where are the grad pics from the other graduates??? guys or gals...

Congratulations to all of you...

========================

@NC...

I am sorry to say that some guys are like that, but to put it into another perspective, some of these guys may have had feelings for you all along, but because of your relationship with your former BF, kept their feelings to themselves. Now that you are 'single' again, maybe they feel that there may be a chance for them after all.

And then there are some that are just schmucks...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.21.2012, 03:50 AM.

06.21.2012, 03:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahaha thanks guys, it isn't exactly a hugely big issue it's just frustrating. And FFF you look so so pretty! That kimono is lovely, I'd never have the confidence to wear it, you look really great.

06.21.2012, 04:45 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aww, thanks guys. ^^ hehe

I don't have a lot of photos with other students, just a couple teachers and a handful of my close friends. The others were busy or have photos of us I don't have. There's about a 100 something photos on my boyfriend's camera and he's giving them to me today.

I need to select one for a contest. hehe X3 I also got my photo taken for the newspaper, basically as soon as I appeared. My outfit was the most outspoken I think. I wish I'd gotten more pictures with people but I was constricted to small movements.

I'll not be wearing a kimono again until it is colder. XD I'll stick to yukata. But they don't fold on me properly, they bunch. Grr.. hehe

HL: Graduation ceremony tonight!

LL: After graduation, we're all going on an overnight trip swimming and bowling. Guess what? I'm going to be sick. ):

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.21.2012, 06:02 AM.

06.21.2012, 06:00 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
As soon as you're single, all those guys you thought were your friends, are suddenly extremely intent on being more than friends. It's just so like, ugh. At a point where I need my friends more than ever it's become kind of awkward with at least three of them. Poo.

Just be mature and firm and honest with them and the ones who are worth it will understand.

On the plus side it must be a spiritual boost to know that everyone is confirming what we've known at the Tavern for years which is that you're sexy and gorgeous and super-hot!

@ FFF

Fantastic. And cute. Love the make-up too. Shame it was so hot... that sounded like a perfect excuse to slip outside to the terrace under the stars!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.21.2012, 12:20 PM.

06.21.2012, 12:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg FFF, so cute ^^ I'm glad you had fun!

NC: *hugs* It sucks how with some guys the girl bit trumps the friend bit. =/

A) Be flattered xP B) Be thankful for the friends who're just after friendship

HL: This weekend is going to be epic! God, I love summer. ^^ Is it a highlight if it hasn't happened yet? Haha, I guess planning for it is a highlight.

LL: ;_; I met like the perfect guy. He's good looking, brilliant, great fun to talk to, and so flipping sweet. Basically if I had an ideal guy, he would be it. Also, he's told me he wants to be more than friends.

It's pretty much an awesome situation. Except I don't like him like that at all. WTH fen. Like. Seriously. Wth.

06.21.2012, 01:51 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

foreignfilmfreak, What a beautiful kimono, you looked so nice!
And congratulations for the graduation!
fenkashi, good luck at this situation, these feelings confuse people.

HL: I am better of the cough.
LL: Internet is horrible today --'

Post last edited by Nana_ on 06.21.2012, 02:17 PM.

06.21.2012, 02:17 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, WTH, fen. I met my ideal guy too, but it turns out he's gay.

~Sigh.~
Life is strange.

Well, would you feel jealous if someone else picked him up as their BF? If not, then maybe just be friends with him and then no worries...

Post last edited by Mush on 06.21.2012, 02:23 PM.

06.21.2012, 02:22 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Ahaha it's a confidence boost of sorts but they aren't guys I'd ever be interested in, and at least two of them have revealed themselves to be a bit creepy in the process. Oh well! Far worse things to be worrying about :')

HL: So excited for tomorrow! My group of female friends are having a little gathering at a friends house and having a little drinking celebration as exams are now over and they're all just such lovely people and it will be great.

LL: None exactly.

06.21.2012, 04:01 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, really, fen WTH???

No, I understand, really, I do...
If you don't 'click' with someone, then you don't and that's all there is to it. You can't force something like that because then it is just meaningless, y'know... To attempt love solely with the mind and not the heart just seems destined to failure, at least to my way of thinking...

Good luck, otherwise...
=============================
@Nana... Glad that your cough is better... BIG HUGS to ya for a full recovery...

06.21.2012, 05:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is with sadness that I announce that our member named mushka is no longer with us...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.21.2012, 11:13 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  436  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  444  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks