QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  412  413  414  415  416  417  418  419  420  ...    »  ]
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Bad day all round, im ridiculously behind in terms of school work, worst thing is i know that if i wasnt so lazy i could be doing really well

HL: Christmas concert on thursday, temporarily in a temporary choir which has been good fun so far. Need sleep now though....

12.13.2011, 10:01 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im drunk. Choir went well. That is all.

12.15.2011, 11:01 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ahhhh shit... i feel like such a fool..
i am so into her, i've liked her for two years or more.
I have known her the majority of my life, and its getting to the stage where i'll run along the same walking tracks i've come across her before.
Just on the off chance that i may come across her and be able to see her, she is extremely acommplished having just finished a degree making her a professional physio..

I saw her at a gig two weeks back , Boy and bear and Ball Park Music were playing. (they were amazing by the way check them out ) All i managed was a "hello" and "good" in response to our exchange (in a throaty squeak due to my throat infection....plus surprise)
There was also the moment at the gig where i shouted to my mate next to me that i should grab her number, and her friend was right next to me..
And she was with a dude and a chick, pretty sure they were friends only but she stayed over in the city....

This whole situation infuriates me.. i just want to spend time with her but i have to see her to do that.
i may see her next week so theres a chance at our family friends anual christmas eve eve party..but if not there is facebook, but i dislike using that in that way as its so easy to be missunderstood.... this crap can just be sooo hard..

sorry for venting....

HH: we had the solar pannels put on the roof today "saving the world one plastic bag at a time "

12.16.2011, 05:37 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Vent away, Farren, me lad, vent away... It really does help you know... Besides, what are friends for...

12.16.2011, 11:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Boyfriend's going to be visiting his family this time next year. So guess I won't see him much next year at all.... D: He said he would drive me home from my university to see my family. Blegh. It's OK, I hope he brings me back cool stuff and maybe I could Skype him there and be introduced to them and whatnot. So I take it he'll be going to at least two different countries, then to Japan to catch a plane to here like last time.

I won't remind him that when he goes is when I'd be coming home until maybe next fall. :x Otherwise he'll get depressed.. eh heh. But he seems happy.

He's also doing undercover work (...) on the girl he sponsors who lives in the Philippines. lol XD He wanted me to write his letter to her for some reason.

LL: Everything tonight. Car got busted, then something else bad happened. Mom's all panicky. Me and my sister are home alone for now..

12.17.2011, 12:26 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hang in there, kiddo... We're rooting for you....

12.17.2011, 12:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Seems to have been a flash flood in the place where my boyfriend and his family had lived. o.o; I noticed his friends statuses seemed to be quite somber sounding and praying for the people (since they live near the area). Even though I couldn't read their words exactly.. Then found the article.

Hope nothing has happened to his friends and family there. >.< I wonder if he finds it creepy I know the places there...

It was near the water so I doubt anything happened to those he knew, since he told me he didn't live by the water.

EDIT: all his family is safe. They went to his grandparents I suppose before the typhoon hit and their house is on elevated land. It was also more towards the bordering of another city, so it didn't affect his area as much.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.17.2011, 10:31 PM.

12.17.2011, 09:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Not looking forward to my upcoming exam...

A secret is that I'm really bad at studying for anything, and always have been. Usually I rely on the fact that I've paid complete attention in class, done the homework, and generally made an attempt to understand things as they come, so that all I have to do before the exam is give a cursory read over old stuff, and then I worry and stress and pull at my hair for a while, but it all turns out OK.

But this time I actually don't understand what's been going on in class at all, and now my lack of good study habits might come back to haunt me, because I'm proving to be very bad at figuring it out on my own.

12.18.2011, 01:03 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Boyfriend's friends are alright. One messaged me about the flood and seemed sad. He had taken photos. It wasn't so bad wherever he was, but the floor of the house was covered in a thick amount of mud. And there was some destruction and water all over the roads and trees broken. D:

Seems the death toll keeps rising.. Some of them have been sharing articles on missing people on who to search for. One was a little baby..

Oh, and I saw the poster for Arrietty in my closest movie theatre. :') Yay~. The other one had Ponyo last time. I wonder if I'd be allowed to ask for the poster... I just don't know who to ask.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.18.2011, 01:04 PM.

12.18.2011, 09:18 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Sounds Horrible FFF, hope things start improving soon

Set up a bingo day for the senior's that live in our scout troops general area. We do it every year because alot of them spend christmas alone so its nice to give them someone to talk to and let them win a few prizes for themselves at this time of year.

12.18.2011, 07:38 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It is. I've been reading the articles since his friends first started talking about it on facebook. But luckily all of them are okay. They have their internet so I think they'll be alright.

It makes the ones living here a little sad. I don't think any of my sister's friends besides my boyfriend's sister was from that area. I think two are from another city somewhere else but not too too far away. D:

But like my Filipina friend and my boyfriend, they both say the people won't face this as something that will make them give up, but will make them strive. That you won't see them crying, except over their dead.

12.18.2011, 07:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
got virused or something... gotta take it to my son to clear when I go visit for Christmas...

HL:
back on line... bought a cheapie just for the time being, so that I can communicate... only 2GB DDR3 and 250 GB memory... That's all right, just a back up...

@FFF:
Talk to the manager at the theater. Explain how you are the local member of the Ghibli Tavern Fan Club... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.18.2011, 08:55 PM.

12.18.2011, 08:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
LL: Not looking forward to my upcoming exam...

A secret is that I'm really bad at studying for anything, and always have been. Usually I rely on the fact that I've paid complete attention in class, done the homework, and generally made an attempt to understand things as they come, so that all I have to do before the exam is give a cursory read over old stuff, and then I worry and stress and pull at my hair for a while, but it all turns out OK.

But this time I actually don't understand what's been going on in class at all, and now my lack of good study habits might come back to haunt me, because I'm proving to be very bad at figuring it out on my own.

Offers hugs and mugs of hot chocolate with marshmallows melted on top.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.19.2011, 09:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

And a small plate of cinnamon buns...

good idea, Saddles...

12.19.2011, 09:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Well, seems things are progressing for my boyfriend's friend cleaning up after the flood. He was tired though after and really stressed out. Going to see how to possibly donate money to there. I never did for Japan, but this country is much poorer, so..

Also, the dictator of NK died. o.o Hoping their new leader isn't absolutely nuts..

12.19.2011, 04:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Getting a huge chunk of work done all day and nearly done now, final stretch before the christmas holidays!

12.19.2011, 08:01 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Some of my sister's friend's friends passed away in the flood.

Another boyfriend's friend told me how he was doing and seemed depressed. He said my boyfriend's area was one place affected, but I told him his family was alright.

A little sad how this is being looked over.. I'd like to help more..

12.20.2011, 07:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Thats horrible its terrible to think of those who mightent ever find their loved one, the ones who are just washed away in disasters like that.....

LL: Luis Suarez, a footballer for liverpool, got an 8 match ban for racist abuse of another player, even though the player in question admitted he didnt think Suarez was a racist and its culturally acceptable in Suarez' home country to use the 'N' word as a descriptive word of someone. i dont think he's racist and thats the only reason im annoyed with the group who banned him rather than him

HL: it hasnt been a great day but this is my 100th post, something im pretty proud about seeing as i usually post enthusiasticly on a forum for about 40 posts then forget about its existence but im lasting pretty well on this

12.20.2011, 08:31 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Boyfiend's fam back home just told him his dog was shot two weeks ago. I think he's crying. He told me to give him a moment.

He was always happy talking about his kittens and that dog. He probably looked forward to seeing the dog next year. Makes me remember mine died last year around the same time. And how badly that hurt me. He's always wanted a dog, always always, and that was the only dog he was ever allowed. His mother wouldn't permit him to have one here, so he has to wait until he moves out.

Right now he's more mad than sad that they told him like it was just something trivial.

12.20.2011, 09:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF
I kinda know how hw feels. When my dog "Tiny" died about the time I was 13, my mom's sadistic boyfriend laughed about me burying her. Said he would dig her up in six months and make an ashtray out of her skull... If I had been big enough that day, he would have died...

12.20.2011, 11:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  412  413  414  415  416  417  418  419  420  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks