QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  410  411  412  413  414  415  416  417  418  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@George...

a niece moment, eh....

HL:
@FFF
GREAT, congratulations, young lady, I'm so totally happy for you!!!

==============================

LL:
At the job site where I work the 24 hr shift, a model home was entered and a LARGE built-in refrigerator and an equally large built-in stove was stolen during the night last Saturday. Nothing was broken or forced open leading me to think that perhaps it was an inside job, so to speak. The guard there said he found the front door open Sunday morning and noted that the items were gone, BUT didn't notify the PD or our boss. He waited and told the relieving guard who came in about noon and left him to deal with it. A key may have been used to open the door. Also, a truck had to have been driven past the guard trailer to remove the heavy items... I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

I was told about this by my boss and the one other guard that I trust who is on-site now. Frustrating!!!

==============================

HHL:
I was gifted a second Gold egg!!!! YAY!!! The owner offered it up for anyone on a list that wanted it and no one responded, so I asked them for it and received it!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.24.2011, 01:28 AM.

11.24.2011, 01:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
HL: University acceptance. D8

OHMAIGAWD

Congratulations!

HL: After two days, how nice it is to have internet again.

Got my French essay handed in. I really love French. So glad I got the chance to learn it now at uni. The semester's winding down now, only big bit of homework left is the presentation for text & communication. I hate T & C. So dull. Also compulsory, unfortunately. Then it's the exams, which I'm not overly worried about, and then I'm off for a month, woo... Ah and mum bought me a cool t-shirt. It's by a Los Angeles based company called In Vein, I have a few tops by them already, their designs are so cool. Subtly gothic, elegant and very flattering.

LL: I have a cold. But the worst is over I think.

My Anime List

11.24.2011, 01:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations FFF!

Highlights: I went to a Thanksgiving party being held by a friend's American flatmates, and then won the grand sum of fifty-five pence playing poker.

11.24.2011, 09:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: applied for Bachelor of natural enviroment and wilderness studies at uni
fingers crossed i get in!!

also been; doing push ups, eating awesome chocolate biscuits and talking to a couple of swedish chicks. All followed with a huge Bubbly bath!!!

11.26.2011, 05:08 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

UH, Kaze...

We DO need to see this T-shirt of which you are being somewhat gleeful about... (with or without the Kaze filler, lol) ((preferbly with, of course... ))

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Farren, you rat...lol did you finish your trip or are you still trapped in Japan??? I'm not going to ask how it was... I'm not interested.... so there... lol

11.26.2011, 05:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: serious, serious money troubles. And I can't see any way out.

11.26.2011, 06:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Lowlight: serious, serious money troubles. And I can't see any way out.

LL:
arren, my friend, I don't know your situation nor the amount involved, but is there any way that your parents can help? I know that part is very hard to ask, I've had to in my younger life and I wasn't able to get a lot, butwhat I did get helped me over the hump. I was married with kids at the time. And now I have been here, still here for that matter lol, for my youngest son helping him and his family out. I'm just thankful that I am in a position to help him.

It takes guts to ask, but sometimes you have to bite the lip and go to them. If they can't help, or worst case won't, then you've at least tried. Hang in there buddy, we're rooting for you...

edited spelling errors...
=====================

HL:
My oldest son brought over some leftovers from the Thanksgiving Day dinner. I started on it yesterday afternoon and still have pumpkin pir left over tonight. I can't hardly believe there was so much and even then my son said there was a lot more still and if I wanted more turkey, go on over the his in-laws place. Thanks, but I think I've had enough... (burp) pardon me...

I'm very glad that the other 2 families didn't bring any over after all...

HL2:
Saw Roar's name again in the 'online' site down below. I'm glad that he is still around...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.26.2011, 09:06 PM.

11.26.2011, 08:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been out roamin' and foamin' so I haven't really got any chances to add much.

Basically I've spent a good third of the past couple days at the confluence of the former ATSF transcon and San Diego lines. Basically, one of the busiest junctions in the south of Cali.

I can definately say yesterday, a friend of mine I only chatted with via e-mail finally showed up.
She was a might more enthusiastic, what with skippin' all over the platform like...I dunno, any hyperactive ghibli characters come to mind? Her handle on youtube is "crazyfailfan", for the record.

Highlight of my day today...hard to choose...was it when the engineer on an Amtrak I was filming rapped out "Shave and a Haircut" three times on the horn? One of my two triple-train meets? GE passenger power?

Oh dear, I think I foamed all over the keyboard.
But...yeah. I'll have some vids up quite soon.
'Till then, ADW over an' out!

11.27.2011, 12:24 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ husky
yeah dude im finished with japan..... till next chrissy time, where i'm going again!!
it was absoulutely amazing. i evolved as a person there. It blew my mind.

HL: she is staying

11.27.2011, 04:17 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL of the weekend: Loitering with intent with my friends at traffic lights to confuse everyone. Went well.... unproductive weekend though

11.27.2011, 08:12 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Having a bad dream about losing an important document. And then waking up in the middle of the night to find out that it's a reality.

Can't sleep now. =(

11.28.2011, 07:19 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah there's such a mix of news from everybody lately!

HL: Two conditional offers from universities so far, to study English Lit - Kent and Sheffield. I'm really waiting on Leeds or York though~

LL: Been off and on ill a lot lately.

11.28.2011, 02:29 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

My friend is at Kent University! I think he's doing English Lit and Drama.

Highlight: I managed to sort things out and resolve the money problem that had me seriously worried. Also, my mum finally got a job she applied for ages ago!

11.28.2011, 04:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
One problem has been resolved, two to go...

Go fen and kaze... lol

11.28.2011, 04:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

University applications cost a lot here. o.o; We were going to apply to more if the one I have been accepted to didn't accept me.

HL: Nothing much today, but I did good on my biology test.

11.28.2011, 06:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Right now, getting into bed, because im oh so very tired

im going to come across as very lazy if my highlights are all about sleep

11.28.2011, 08:58 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: None.

LL: Finals! study study study stress study hw study! >.<

12.02.2011, 09:50 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Met today with one of the sons of my old Navy Captain. He's writing a book loosely based on his fathers service... As I understand it, it will be a biographical semi-fiction, if that makes any sense... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.03.2011, 11:04 AM.

12.02.2011, 11:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

The toy show was on telly! i dont know if ye know what it is, but its basicly a night where a serious long running talk show (longest in the world actually) gets transformed into a kids toy show for the night, with choirs and singing and aload of awesome toys. Then at the end of the night they give all the toys to charity, its a a great night for all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy8_ip88I4
It might look a bit wacky but its great

12.03.2011, 07:51 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

HHL:
Got to talk with my dau in Saudi Arabia for almost an hour this afternoon...

LL:
had another bout with the kidney stones...

12.04.2011, 10:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  410  411  412  413  414  415  416  417  418  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks