QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Aww, FFF. That sucks, no one should have to deal with pregnancy that early.

Pretty sure they're in their twenties but anyhow.

They're both 21 or almost 21. Still pretty young though.

04.20.2015, 01:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Better than being 16 or 17 in that situation... or 14 as one of my best friends sister was.

I've never figured out why I was the first one she told, I was only 16 and had nothing to do with it, in fact I was still an innocent...

04.20.2015, 05:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True. Her sister had four kids by the time she was 21...

My friend has the maturity level of a 14-year-old so I hope it works out alright...

04.20.2015, 06:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

21 is REALLY young.

Personally, I fell like you shouldn't have a child until you have money to support it, so at least 26 or 27. Even that is still young.

04.20.2015, 07:02 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

At least 10-15 of the girls, and some guys' girlfriends, I graduated high school with three years ago have children or are pregnant now. Kind of crazy to think that. lol My other friend who had a baby last year found out the news of this friend and told her to really think hard about her decision because motherhood is difficult.

I've gotten pretty used to people having babies all around me, but my university friends find it so strange.

04.20.2015, 08:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
21 is REALLY young.

Personally, I fell like you shouldn't have a child until you have money to support it, so at least 26 or 27. Even that is still young.

it is best for both mother and the child if the age of the mother is under 30. cesarean baby and birth both are bad for them. and after 30 in almost all the cases[in my country] it leads to cesarean birth.

i did not wanted to comment on the subject. though i have something to say on the subject, I dont like the reason that marriage has become a luxury mostly because people want too many confirmations or guarantees with marriage.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 04.21.2015, 12:56 AM.

04.21.2015, 12:55 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:
21 is REALLY young.

it is best for both mother and the child if the age of the mother is under 30. cesarean baby and birth both are bad for them. and after 30 in almost all the cases[in my country] it leads to cesarean birth.

i did not wanted to comment on the subject. though i have something to say on the subject, I dont like the reason that marriage has become a luxury mostly because people want too many confirmations or guarantees with marriage.

I think under 30 is a good rule, but it's difficult to support a child financially if you don't have money for them. Thus, waiting until at least a year after marriage is a good rule for me.

04.21.2015, 10:23 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Age alone isn't always a factor in being a good parent. I had a co-worker that when I started a new job (CHP) I found myself staying with them for a month. George was about 35 and his wife (forgot name) was slightly younger. They had a 4yo child named Aron, named after Elvis Presley that they nicknamed 'Dump' !!!!!!

They would tolerate his bad behavior until it irritated them, them they would swat him. example: instead of eating off of his own plate, he would go to Mommy or Daddy's plates and eat off of theirs with his bare hands and they would not correct him or try to stop him, unless it started disturbing their TV viewing.

I happened to be there when Aron got his first ever haircut at about 4yrs. He was in the chair and was concerned about the noise of the hairclippers. George's method of calming him? Be quiet or he'll cut your ears off!!! Of course, that REALLY set off the waterworks and screaming... George had to forcibly hold Aron in the chair before it was all over.

Me, when it was time for my own kids first haircut in later years, I asked the same barber how to deal with it. He said to just come in and sit down and pick up a magazine or paper. When the kid goes to sit down and the barber starts to work, don't make a big deal out of it, continue reading and let the barber do his thing. Treat it as a normal, everyday thing and let it go. I'm happy to say, it worked great, both times... haha, although my youngest didn't get his cut by a barber until he was 8 or 9... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.21.2015, 01:35 PM.

04.21.2015, 01:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: (of last weekend) Dirty weekend away! Was fun. My new friend is great to be with!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.21.2015, 03:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Age doesn't have much relevance in the reason why I was upset about my friend's. lol I know girls 17 to 21 who make awesome parents. But it's very very hard on them. Some are single now but make out alright. What's key is support and also a sense of maturity. My friend really doesn't have the maturity to be a good parent I think.. maybe she'll make out okay, but I hope eventually she'll leave the man she's with. But I'm sad because I know that's not very likely..

My mom gave birth to me at 33. I don't think I was a c section baby. I honestly don't know, have never asked. She had my sister at 36 and had many more complications, which was more the hospital's fault than hers. I guess I was very easy.

Honestly, I feel terribly uncomfortable with the idea of having a child before 30. I just don't see it happening. I want a child, but I won't have the means to care for one until I'm much much older. That's the reality for me. Maybe I will never have a child.

04.21.2015, 03:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF

Don't give up hope... If it is what you want, you will find a way I'm sure, just don't be hasty. You've many years ahead of you. Find a good man first and if birthing turns out to not be an option, there is always adoption...

Think of the thousands of children out there without a parent in the home to love them...

It will work out for you, FFF, I'm sure of it.

04.21.2015, 03:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah personally I don't see myself having a child before I'm 30. I don't know whether it's selfish, but I see my twenties as a time where I get to focus completely on myself and my own independence. I can make risky decisions and not worry that they'll effect others if they go the wrong way.

My mum had me (and my little brother) when she was around 40, and most of my siblings around 30. She had complications with my little brother but the rest of us were fine.

It's tough, FFF, I know you must feel worried for her. If it's any help, I've known girls who were very immature before having a baby who became wonderful mothers. It changes people a lot.

HL: Lovely bbq in the sun!
LL: Dentists tomorrow

04.21.2015, 06:15 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
@FFF

Don't give up hope... If it is what you want, you will find a way I'm sure, just don't be hasty. You've many years ahead of you. Find a good man first and if birthing turns out to not be an option, there is always adoption...

Think of the thousands of children out there without a parent in the home to love them...

It will work out for you, FFF, I'm sure of it.

Aww, thanks, husky. I'm only hoping to have one child, but if I have the money I would like to adopt as well. That's one of my goals in life. I usually bring it up to guys who are considering dating me because oddly some find that really strange, that I would want both a child I gave birth to and to adopt a child. Not sure why that's that strange. If my sister were to die or a friend and they had children, I'd gladly adopt their children as my own. Point is to give them a home where I know I can provide for them willingly and that they are loved.

My main problem is money. What I want to do with my life would be too difficult for me if I had a child and too difficult for the child. There'd likely be a lot of moving around..

04.21.2015, 09:52 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

FFF, hahaha...Moving around??? lol

I said it in here before, but in almost 12 yrs of public school (repeated 11A twice before I dropped out during Spring Break in 1964) I spent three years in one elementary school in Long Beach, Calif. The remaining 9 years of public school were spent in 12 different schools and I repeated in two of them, so 14 different school moves. I even moved while still attending the same school. I didn't know any different so I wasn't aware of any other life.

04.22.2015, 01:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
FFF, hahaha...Moving around??? lol

I said it in here before, but in almost 12 yrs of public school (repeated 11A twice before I dropped out during Spring Break in 1964) I spent three years in one elementary school in Long Beach, Calif. The remaining 9 years of public school were spent in 12 different schools and I repeated in two of them, so 14 different school moves. I even moved while still attending the same school. I didn't know any different so I wasn't aware of any other life.

me too, i have studied in ten different institutions. Those are the greatest experience of my life. i was mad at my father because his job required moving so much that i all the time lost the friends i have made. It was painful, yes, but now i think i gained most of my experiences about the world during those time. living in a small place or same place makes your outlook too narrow.

this is probably my last post my vacation is over and i will return to my usual self. thanks

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 04.22.2015, 09:03 AM.

04.22.2015, 09:02 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

By moving around I meant like to other countries. lol I would definitely love to take a child everywhere and whatnot, but for the next decade I might be all over the place and I'm not sure if I could afford the costs to bring an extra person with me, at least not a child.

That might sound silly. lol But it's how it is. I have no specific career goal ambitions, just some things I want to accomplish.

HL: Got my student list today! One girl is from Shikoku!

04.22.2015, 01:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Where is that? Sweden???

walks slowly away from FFF, whistling softly...

04.22.2015, 07:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Where is that? Sweden???

walks slowly away from FFF, whistling softly...

Hahahaha, yeah, Sweden. XD

Just excited because most of the time the students are from the Kansai region. So I've never actually met anyone from Shikoku. The part she's from is fairly small. Just gathering some ideas of places to put down on my application.

HL: Yay, one girl got back to me already! So excited.

EDIT: Bonding with said girl over Japanese rock bands and what members we like the most. This is definitely going to be a fun summer.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 04.22.2015, 11:42 PM.

04.22.2015, 08:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Hl: I PR'd at my track meet! My new time for a half-mile is 3:04.
LL: My goal was under 3:00. Close, but no banana.

04.24.2015, 10:23 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

You'll get there, just keep trying...

Unfamiliar with the meaning of 'PR'd'

04.24.2015, 11:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks