QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  435  436  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Still missing my dog... But things are starting to look up.

HL: Finished exams.

06.15.2012, 06:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We have a couple of things like that here, cards that are supposed to act as ID for anything, but nowhere accepts them because they're easy to fake. Which is pretty annoying, but admittedly true. A few of my friends did it while we were at school. But yeah, you certainly don't get into any clubs around here without showing either a driver's licence or passport.

HL: Having looked at the weather forecast, it appears that a day off work may be on the cards tomorrow.

LL: I was just minding my own business when a two-ton block of angst came plummeting from the heavens and crushed my spirits into a despondent mush.

It was all very unexpected.

My Anime List

06.15.2012, 06:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I made cherry cookies last night! I just added glace cherries instead of choc chips hehe.
I think i want to incorporate more cherry flavour in the whole cookie next time. I don't think i'll be able to find any cherry essence or juice so i might just try chopping lots of cherrys into little pieces and mixing them with the wet mixture.

06.15.2012, 10:20 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaze quote:

"LL: I was just minding my own business when a two-ton block of angst came plummeting from the heavens and crushed my spirits into a despondent mush."

Hoping for the best for you....

------------------------------------------------

sounds delicious, calf...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.16.2012, 10:46 AM.

06.16.2012, 10:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All good now, thanks Husky. That was just weird.

HL: Ha, seems the monsoon came here, so... no work today. Or tomorrow, for that matter. It's her birthday so we're going out to buy plants.

LL: None in particular.

My Anime List

06.16.2012, 10:59 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Another tournament, another failure to get to finals. Only consolation was that I really did the best I could and only made one misplay (which cost me a round, unfortunately). Finished 4-3, not enough for top 16.

Sigh...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.16.2012, 10:29 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The thing of it its, Roar, is that you may not be making it to the level you want, but I don't consider that as failure by any means. You are doing your best and to me, that is what counts. There is always someone better than we are, sometimes many womeone's... There can also be many reasons for not acheiving our personal goals. Illness (sometimes unkown), worries, distractions, even the weather...

I, for one, do not consider you a failure... You will keep trying to make it to your goal, Hopefully, you will make it and if it is not to be, then so be it... But a failure? No, I don't think so...

06.17.2012, 04:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, Roar.

HL: Graduation stuffies is all bought and paid for. We're supposed to wear something formal under the graduation gown, but... breaking that rule. > I have to wear something light or otherwise I'll pass out (If I overheat, I get sick and pass out, and this can happen even if it's cool and I get stressed out and get warm).

Just 3 more days until kimono time!

To my father, happy father's day. To my boyfriend's father; it's been five years, and your family still misses and loves you very much. You might have been a stern and intimidating father, but the impressions you've left on your children will stay with them forever. I just wish I could have met you.

06.17.2012, 11:06 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Got a touching e-mail Fathers Day card from my daughter in Saudi Arabia...

06.17.2012, 12:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Nice day out today for mum's birthday... she enjoyed herself, loved her presents. All's good.

LL: I'm getting ill. D|

My Anime List

06.17.2012, 02:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

LL: I'm getting ill. D|

Well, stopping getting ill and start getting better....

06.17.2012, 02:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Not too shabby at putting on a kimono on all by myself, although I was disappointed that it nearly took me an hour.. I need to be quicker!

Oh well, come the day I need to wear it, I'll have my friend and mother helping me out, so not too bad. Almost had it right, but my obi was being tricky. I couldn't get my undergarment sleeves to hang completely inside the kimono sleeves, but they only peeper out a little.

My stuff for graduation day is so comfy. :3 The shoes are adorable (bought them half price) and cushioned!

LL: I'm not very good at doing my makeup, especially eyeliner. I have two eyeliners now (the Japanese one is easier to use). I'm wearing fake lashes and was informed I'd need eyeliner. I need to keep practicing tightlining. Oh well, I'll get it soon.

06.17.2012, 06:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Don't forget, we all want to see you in the kimono, so make sure that you get pics taken...

06.18.2012, 03:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I made Anzac biscuits, yum!

06.18.2012, 04:52 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Don't forget, we all want to see you in the kimono, so make sure that you get pics taken...

I will! I'm having issues getting it to all sync properly. :B The kimono seems easier to adjust and wear than my yukata (I think the yukata are all kinda big for me). The design also makes it a lot easier to tell where things fall. The pretied belt is the hard part, since there are strings and finding out where to put everything myself is... impossible.

One of my kimono accessories is also brand new and very stiff. The board to make the obi flat, I'm having issues with the sides (it would be easier with a wrap around one). The good thing about the under part from the shop I buy from makes it easy to adjust the collar, but the under collar got a bit wrinkled..

I'm sure it'll be fine come the time I need to wear it. Even if I did a shoddy job, it'll still hold significantly together.

06.18.2012, 03:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

FFF quote:

"...it'll still hold significantly together. "

I wonder if that is what Janet Jackson thought while she was performing at the Super Bowl halftime show.......???

hahaha, just funning with ya. I'm sure that it will all come together quite well for you...

Good luck on everything...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.18.2012, 04:08 PM.

06.18.2012, 04:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

hehe thanks, husky. :')

HL: Arrietty DVD... want to watch it.... see it right now...

LLL: I have a terrible headache that sprung from nowhere. Sneezing isn't helping. Neither is lying down. Am I stressed out?

Dear Body, I hate you right now. You never let me have any fun.

06.18.2012, 07:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Find Ghibli Tavern ^^~ Why I delayed so much to find this forum?
LLL: I'm still with colds :/

foreignfilmfreak, I was with a terrible headache for 3 followed days, it's horrible! I hope you get better soon.

06.18.2012, 08:29 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern, Nana... We all hope that you will enjoy it here...

Here's hoping that both you and FFF get to feeling better soon,,,
==============================
HL:
split the winnings from three different bingo games in the first half of the session. Then I called the second half...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.19.2012, 01:17 AM.

06.19.2012, 12:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woooo! im finally finished exams (hence the long absence) and school too, all in the same day!
ill miss school and the people i know from it but im glad that its over.... Its about time i got back to feeding my internet addiction

06.19.2012, 11:29 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  435  436  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks