QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  551  552  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Hl: FFF's new avatar! It's artsy and very beautiful.
Ll: I forgot to mention Roar....ooops.

Haha, thank you! I realized I hadn't changed it in... a few years. lol

LL: Crappy memory problems.

HL: Connected with a student from my school I used to study group with over her experience with depression this past semester at university.

Also so excited my long distance relationship is over in a few weeks. Woo. We'll have to go through this again for a longer duration in a year, but for now I'm just happy. Besides, we both know it's temporary.

07.27.2014, 04:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
Had my first (irc) tiff in the Tavern... I'm sorry it happened, but it did and, as far as I am concerned, it is over and done with...

HL:
A happy future...

07.27.2014, 05:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I didn't get to finish my room's remodelling, mainly because I wanted to build a new clothes cabinet but didn't have enough materials for it. Still looks a lot better than before, now that the pain-inducing mattress is gone for good (the springs were almost poking out throughout the entire surface.)

This is what my "bed" looks like:

Because the bed my sister bought was dirt cheap, it was also of horrible quality. I threw out the headboard, propped up the frame with some tubes where needed, laid a single-bed plank plus a less wider plank to cover the surface because the original plank used was paper thin and already cracking (not to mention it wasn't even a single plank; it was one big one and TWO small ones, lol). And to hide it all off, a bamboo mat that had been collecting dust in the storeroom.

And no, there's no mattress.

Also, thanks to all the extra space, I get to do what I had wanted for a long time: bring in the house projector into my room because watching epic movies deserve at least a 75" screen

The position isn't fixed yet, but I'll figure something out soon. In case anyone's wondering, that HUGE box on the table is half of my planned clothes cabinet It drives my mom crazy but I just like playing with cardboard. This would be my fifth cardboard furniture when finished.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.27.2014, 10:17 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good, stiff, appliance grade cardboard can be used in many ways, I know from experience...

07.27.2014, 10:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My mom just doesn't like the look of cardboard, lol. Between random printed words and mismatched-coloured tapes, it definitely looks atrocious.

Anyway, today being Eidl fitri, several relatives came over, including my sister the original owner. So far, positive reviews.

Except the box. Always the box

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.28.2014, 05:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awesome home cinema! Big eyes need a big screen. I take it the projector is showing files from the PC?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.28.2014, 06:21 AM.

07.28.2014, 06:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: today is my last day in Kyoto.

07.28.2014, 08:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Sad? Yes! But look at the memories you have and will carry for the rest of your life...

I envy your experience... Yes, I too was there, but only in 45-50 day increments over a two year period...

07.29.2014, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

one year over areen?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.29.2014, 03:49 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Awesome home cinema! Big eyes need a big screen. I take it the projector is showing files from the PC?

It's actually connected to my netbook I use for schoolwork, but yes, it plays from my computer. My old DVD player scratches anything I put in it, and I don't trust my Xbox. I was actually hoping to project it bigger, but then I'd have to hang the projector outside the window, and my dad will kill me for that

@arren: Wow, so soon? I couldv'e sworn you were supposed to be there longer, but hey, time flies.

Anyway,

HL: Sore throat getting better, but phlegm is still respawning very frequently.

LL: Headache. It's just one after another with me these days.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.29.2014, 04:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Sorry to hear your news, a year so soon? Wow. As others say you have some amazing memories to cherish all your life.

*Offers brohugs*

HL: Roar's resourcefulness. I do admire the efforts you go to in limited space with limited resources.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.29.2014, 06:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Arren, it had to end sometime, and you did some pretty awesome things while you where there,I'm sure. Party today!

07.29.2014, 08:16 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Only one thing to do tonight,

Karaoke!!!

07.29.2014, 04:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I got money for school!!

07.29.2014, 09:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the sympathy guys. I went to Fushimi Inari (one of the first sightseeing places I visited in Kyoto) with a couple of friends to hang out before leaving. It was nice, but it did make me really sad to leave everyone.

Highlight: despite some snags, I got to Nagasaki! I haven't really done anything here yet, but I'll go and explore in a little bit. Obviously I'll be taking loads of pictures.

07.30.2014, 04:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That would be cool. I'd like to see pictures of Nagasaki. I know almost nothing about it except of course the 1945 bombing.

07.30.2014, 10:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Making super fun plans for the weekend! Flat-sitting for my sister in London so I'm having university friends down to stay and it is going to be very nice.

The weather lately has been gorgeous as well.

LL: I've been delaying some much needed cleaning all day that I better get a start on.

07.30.2014, 01:26 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: My school messed up my courses and decided not to notify me until 2 1/2 weeks before things are do.

07.30.2014, 03:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Hopefully got the money situation cleared up with what I was trying to send to my daughter... It helps a bunch if you're given the right number to send it to!!! sigh, children... lol

07.31.2014, 01:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Spending time with the puppies. They're 110% adorabubble.

LL: It's the week before the family comes to stay, in which mother invariably turns into into an utter harpy and goes on an insane cleaning rampage.

My Anime List

07.31.2014, 01:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  551  552  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks