QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha One of my friends just moved to Shikoku and had to cut off all her hair because it was way too hot.

Also, yay, you're in Japan! If you ever want to meet some super friendly people who speak English and Japanese in the Kansai region, I can introduce you.

08.21.2016, 12:00 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kaz...

Well yeah...

What?

How?

Elucidate...

I don't have my calculator handy so what is that in Farenheit?
We'ver been running over 100F in our area...

Good luck over there... Like I tell all my friends that make it to Japan... I Hate You! lol but you know I'm just jealous...

HI:
Got another tattoo yesterday and got to hold one of my young granddaughters with no fussing on her part... I even go a nice milky kiss on the cheek! YAY!
Since I have been off of the blood thinners for a while, I thought that this would be the time to do it... I'll try to post it in a few days... It's Sumomo from the Chobits anime...

08.21.2016, 11:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, thanks guys. I'm just incredibly happy to be here, it doesn't seem quite real.

@Husky, it's been sort 96-100F. Way, way, way hotter than I'm used to. Summertime in Scotland doesn't really go above 78F.

HL: went to a nearby kaiten sushi bar with friends, really nice! Didn't get brave enough to eat any raw fish, maybe next time. They had tiny little cheeseburgers on rice! Adorable! ; w ;

Went to a home store kind of place earlier too and they had the cutest kittens and puppies there but at the same time it's like ugh, they shouldn't be kept that way. >_< They looked happy and healthy enough though...

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 08.22.2016, 09:22 AM.

08.22.2016, 09:21 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Can I just say how much I love my consulate for JET? I'm not sure if the other consulates do this, but they're putting together workshops to help alternates improve their applications for next year as well as providing feedback on the interviews and other sessions.

Pretty much the major reason I want to reapply and not look for jobs elsewhere in Japan yet is because of the coordinator for my consulate. That woman is truly amazing. I'm really hoping if I interview that she is my interviewer again, but then it'll be hard to refrain from trying to hug her after. haha

08.22.2016, 01:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I keep disappearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HL: I have a date! To see Kubo and the Two Strings! Two good things! Killing two birds with one stone, but, like, in a positive way.

LL: I work as a notetaker (as a job) and the class I'm taking notes for this term is not great. It's a class on the psychology of gender, which, cool, and I'm all about being open to others' opinions, but some people's opinions are just.........bad.

08.23.2016, 10:44 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, Kiki!!!

Long time no see, but very glad to see my Tavern sibling...

Sad that your doing something that you're not happy with but look at it this way... It's not forever and most people's opinion's shouldn't hurt you. Just consider the source...

08.24.2016, 01:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

As someone who studied gender studies, I can see why a psychology of gender course would definitely bring out some of the worst opinions in people. lol Psychology majors minoring in gender studies can relate.

On a side note, I am really going to miss my gender studies courses. I wasn't as into theory as most of my class was but my professor always let me be as creative as I wanted with my assignments and there's so much I wish I could've worked on or done more academically. Still remembering what a success my BL presentation was.

08.24.2016, 06:29 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: bought a bike, went with friends to a little katsudon restaurant down the road. So good. Most delicious thing I've eaten so far in Japan.

My Anime List

08.27.2016, 07:42 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Google searches for katsudon.

Is envious.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.27.2016, 09:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

almost all rice items are cool.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.27.2016, 05:21 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I'm going to Europe~

Gonna travel around with hubs for a week before I head back home.

Pretty highlighty

08.31.2016, 10:50 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, which countries are you visiting?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.01.2016, 04:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Send pictures,..

Hubs? lol cute

09.01.2016, 11:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Germany, Lux, Belgium, Netherlands, Czech. And then I get a solo 24 HR layover in London on my way back

Ll: first flight and crying baby in front of me

09.02.2016, 08:25 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

After all that lot you may be pretty wasted by the time you get to London and just want a rest for the day but if you are motivated to go out I suggest:

Touristy: London Eye / Big Ben / Houses of Parliament / Westminster Abbey / Whitehall

Shopping and eating: Harrods and other chic stores and eateries in Knightsbridge /or/ Covent Garden and Fortum and Mason off Picadilly /or/ more indie shops and places to eat at Camden Lock and Market

Arts: National Gallery and National Portrait gallery off Trafalgar Sq / V&A Museum and Science Museum off Brompton Rd. / British Museum Gt Russell St.

History: Tower of London, St Katherine's Dock, London Wall and Monument to the Gt Fire of London and all along Lower Thames St.

Business: Lloyds and the Gherkin in the city, plus Leadenhall Market.

That should keep you busy for about 2 weeks

09.02.2016, 02:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: finally getting on top of my veritable mountain of homework. It's only the first week, have mercy, sensei! D:

LL: the knights of Spamalot seem to have been trampling through the Tavern.

My Anime List

09.07.2016, 09:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I'm starting to feel confident again and it's the most amazing feeling in the world. <3

I might have a job too!

09.07.2016, 05:10 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Going back to the gym! My goal is to gain to at least 130lbs by December... I challenged someone to a bet.

09.08.2016, 06:56 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh look, all the spam is gone here. isn't that HL?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

09.09.2016, 09:08 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I am being released from the hospital tomorrow!!!

LL:
I gotta pack up all the stuff that I have amassed in the last 5-1/2 months into bags for transport home...

LLL:
I gotta clean and straighten my house when I get home, re-arranging furniture, etc. to make better access within the house, and get back into a normal, albeit adjusted, routine...

09.15.2016, 11:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks