QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: spontaneously went out to dinner with an acquaintance and that acquaintance is now most certainly a friend. ^_^

My Anime List

11.22.2016, 01:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay friends~

Had a pretty sweet lunch with work friends.

Arren is now and admin?

Has roar been around in the last year???

11.24.2016, 01:47 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, in the last year, but not much due to things in his life which he didn't elaborate on and that is his right... I hope that he at least comes in and visits once in a while...

11.24.2016, 03:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just learned about SmoothVideo Project.

can't say I see that much difference, but it's something to try right there

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 11.25.2016, 12:55 PM.

11.25.2016, 12:55 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agreed.

That was a really poor demo video since a biggish chunk of the video are still images which shows nothing.

In the action sections the 24fps side just looks a little more blurry to me, but no less smooth.

Weird.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.25.2016, 03:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aparently this thing does not work for anime at all - they had to put this tutorial up to tell people to disable it anywhere but pan/zoom scenes.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.25.2016, 07:19 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Actually made a phone call without panicking and got my student loans sorted out. I'm still pretty upset that I received no emails, no phone calls, no paperwork regarding my student loan like I did last year. Also was not informed my account had been reset and I just had to create a new one.

I think I can apply for repayment assistance which makes me happy (might not have to pay at all and no added interested for six months). It would be good for the next six months at least while I save up money.

11.29.2016, 05:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
My friend and I went to my local phone outlet and when I got my phone back, it still wasn't fixed (cameras) and was told a spot of rust in the charger port invalidated the warranty, etc. when I got the phone back that evening, my WhatsApp connection was gone and some app icons were there that I hadn't had before. I was angry about the WhatsApp because that is how I communicate with my daughter and her kids... When I tried to regain the Whats App acct I found that my password didn't work and my voicemail was now screwed up...

HHL:
I was in the big city for a DR. appt and went to the MAIN office and related to them what was going on. They found no rust, couldn't explain any of the rest but went to work on my phone... Still no camers repair (non is stock) but when I am back in town next week I will be given a new one, no charge. But in the meantime, I got my WhatsApp back and spent some time yakking with my family... I was so jazzed...
This is why I prefer dealing with a Dealer store and not a franchise store for the most part...

12.04.2016, 05:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

what if that's not your phone

12.04.2016, 09:39 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Unfortunately, due to the markings and physical appearance, it is my phone. But, as I said, in a few days I will be receiving a new phone...

12.05.2016, 12:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: My ex is definitely stalking me and I no longer feel safe at my job. I'm not sure what to do because I don't think I can confront him, and he acts innocent. He locked eye contact with me today and started asking me questions about how long I've been working there and says he hadn't seen me before, wondering when I moved back home, etc.

I thought he moved and was in school, ugh, why is he here...

12.06.2016, 12:35 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

If you even just FEEL threatened, call the police... If you don't there is the strong possibility that he will continue to escalate his attentions... There are laws to protect you... use them, FFF

I am speaking from many years of experience dealing will idiots thinking they are Gods gift to women...

DO IT!!!

12.06.2016, 04:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

oh, that will work really well. call the police and tell them he acts innocent. it would totally work.

12.06.2016, 09:16 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Makc, this is a very serious situation and a person feels genuinely threatened. If you cannot offer helpful advice then please just keep out of the discussion.

FFF - yes, as Husky says, contact the police. Just having them speak to him may be enough to scare him away.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.09.2016, 05:22 AM.

12.06.2016, 11:10 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is not cool.

@FFF my sympathies

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.06.2016, 01:24 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Saddletank, if this is serious situation, why is FFF's ex is not serving prison term, or at least why does she not have restraining order. Otherwise, what's so serious about it? You see the person coming to your work, you go straight up to him and tell "I don't want you to come here, seeing you makes me uncomfortable". No? Does it make sense to you to just talk to people before pulling big "police" guns?

edit: I have now stalked through first three pages of FFF posts here to see what was the worst thing she said her ex did to her. It appears that he wrote down to his diary the moment when she disagreed with him on something. Terrifying! ah, but I have found why I can relate to his ex here:

quote:
When we watched dramas together, he always marveled the psychopathic/sociopathic characters. He loved them and thought they were so interesting.
That's basically 100% me. I just love crazy characters. Like that cop in Leon, who played Beethoven using shotgun. Imagine how dull the movie could be, if he was "businessman" type bad cop, who only cares about money. Trading crazy character like him for that would be like trading Leon character for real hitman who never opens the door to the girl.

Post last edited by makc on 12.06.2016, 02:42 PM.

12.06.2016, 02:16 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@makc

Although this is a public forum. We have become more like close friends or friends. As Husky and Saddle advised FFF, they did that from experience (both from their inter-personal relationship with each other and from their own life experiences). You dont know any real stuff about these people so why stick your nose where it does not belong.

and i dont think you understand what stalking means. The person who does it does it because of obsessiveness. Just like husky said.

And i guarantee you that there are no person more experienced than husky here about these matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.06.2016, 03:57 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

One point I'll make, makc... A restraining is not issued until something has been reported to the police or something has happened requiring the police to be called in. Knowing FFF, I'd prefer that she be the one reporting it first...

12.06.2016, 08:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

quote:
why stick your nose where it does not belong.

because I can, obviously?

you guys give one-sided advice, someone has to call you on your bullshit.

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I'd prefer that she be the one reporting it first...

sorry I did not understand this one do you mean you prefer her to survive and so be able to report whatever happened?

Post last edited by makc on 12.07.2016, 11:34 PM.

12.07.2016, 11:23 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Alright, let's not argue over this. makc, you're free to think anything you like based on what you've read on the forum, nobody can stop you from reaching whatever conclusions. But if you see somebody expressing real concern and your reaction is to start by being unhelpful and then suggest the person is overreacting, then you're being damn insensitive. And I'm sure you know that even without me saying it.

12.08.2016, 12:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks