QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  556  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hl: Feeling better.
Ll: school starts way too soon!

08.13.2014, 07:28 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to admit that I've never been in a restaurant where the food was presented in such a fancy setting... I'm sure the meal was tasty, from your description...

I think I'll have some sashimi for lunch... Sounds like a winner.

08.13.2014, 12:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Doing some yakking with my daughter thru 'What's Ap' in Jeddah...

08.15.2014, 02:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: cooked lunch for my parents and it wasn't good.

08.16.2014, 09:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Lowlight: cooked lunch for my parents and it wasn't good.

This is why I don't cook meals for the family

LL: I'm starting to realize how out of shape I am compared to a year ago. It's definitely true that motivation is much easier to get if you have a target to work to.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.16.2014, 11:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Very, very stressed over my financial situation with regards to going to university next month. First chunk of my rent gets taken at the beginning of the month and I'm basically sure that my funding won't have come through by then; I'm just hoping I'll be be able to scrape together enough money for that payment and that I'll have the funding by the time the next one comes around.

Just keeping telling myself that it's all going to be okay.

My Anime List

08.18.2014, 01:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
LL: Very, very stressed over my financial situation with regards to going to university next month. First chunk of my rent gets taken at the beginning of the month and I'm basically sure that my funding won't have come through by then; I'm just hoping I'll be be able to scrape together enough money for that payment and that I'll have the funding by the time the next one comes around.

Just keeping telling myself that it's all going to be okay.

I had problems with this! Luckily on a few occasions I was able to just temporarily borrow the money from my mum and repay it, but I understand if that isn't an option for you. Have you considered getting a large overdraft if you haven't already got one? Santander can give you a £1500 one.

08.19.2014, 08:38 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Weirdlight: So this couple was sitting beside me at the busstop and the girl sat beside me. She didn't smell bad, was kind nice, like just after a shower kinda smell.

Thing was, every time I breathed in, it was... suffocating. Literally. It was the strangest thing I have ever experienced.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.19.2014, 12:32 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those are male hormones Roar.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.19.2014, 03:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Hang in there, Kaz... we're rooting for ya...

LL:
Still having computer probs at home...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.19.2014, 05:14 PM.

08.19.2014, 05:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz, I am 54 now and I still have money worries. You will get through this, just as I got through it. It ups and it downs but it all goes on. My only advice is to study hard, do your level best to enjoy uni, get a great qualification that the suits love and get them to pay you too much. I know it sounds bitter and negative and I know money isn't everything, but it sure helps.

That's the 'beat the system' route. To just opt out of the system completely takes more courage and personal resources, but you're a very strong guy, it comes across in your posts. What you have achieved so far in your life is amazing. I feel certain you can have what you want.

Love and hugs.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.19.2014, 05:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Those are male hormones Roar.

No, I meant it in the literal sense. You know how in really hot and humid weather, during a sun shower (or maybe just a sauna), you get this feeling that you're short of breath and difficult to draw a breath? That kind of feeling. Nothing hormonal.

That's why I said, it was really strange. Like, far out kind of strange.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.20.2014, 02:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Computer is working great for the moment, but it is past 2am!!! Oh, well. use it while I got it...

08.23.2014, 05:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys. Things will work out somehow or other, I know.,it's just difficult to have faith in that sometimes.

LL: I'm falling for somebody for the first time since school. It's not going to work out. There are so many things in the way. Best to keep quiet about this one, I think.

My Anime List

08.23.2014, 12:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aww, that's hard, so hard. Been missing you, wondering where you were.

Can't offer much but digital hugs but you can have plenty if you need them.

08.23.2014, 02:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

The same thing here, Kaz... good luck in everything...

08.23.2014, 04:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

*many hugs* <3

He's so damn perfect and we have so much in common. He was playing the piano earlier, playing my favourite songs from Phantom of the Opera among others, so beautifully... my heart was racing. He sings beautifully too. And he's elegant, and handsome, and gentle... and he draws very well too. And likes all the same anime I do. His boyfriend is the luckiest man in the world. ... Ugh, this is cruel.

Don't mind me. Bit lovestruck and frustrated.

My Anime List

08.23.2014, 06:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

You know we're feeling for you, Kaz...
Big Hugs

08.24.2014, 12:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Big hugs as well. Maybe, just maybe... well, you can never know what the future holds. Also he could still be an awesome friend.

HL: Started a job. Have been unemployed nearly a year. Hence some of my more 'raw' moods and moments. Sorry to take it out on you nice folks at times.

08.24.2014, 09:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I am pleased for you, Saddles. I've been in that position myself a number of times and I know how frustrating it can be,,, Good luck...

08.24.2014, 05:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  556  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks