QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  561  562  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Feeling... weird. I still can't concentrate on schoolwork and it's driving me crazy. I want to do well. Perhaps someday I'll be able to pursue a MFA (luckily, I'll probably be able to get in without amazing marks, because I suck at school). Or something. Right now I feel so, blegh..

HL: Might be able to minor in two subjects. If the right courses are available next year. Honestly, I'd be so happy if I could. My only problem is I'm behind in credits for my major because I'm retaking a course, and I'd have to take a seminar course next year before one of its prereqs since I can't budge my schedule next semester a whole lot unless I take overload. Which... I can't handle. The head of the department for my potential second minor is my professor so I'll try and see if she can help me out.

09.23.2014, 12:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ML:

Today is a meh/day... Nothing particular going on except bingo, otherwise somewhat bored...

09.23.2014, 05:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Joined a new forum today and one of the first users who replied to me is from the same area as me! He has similar interests to me and age so I do hope he'll get back to me. He's still a student, so he might even go to my school or one of the nearby ones.

LL: I seem to get rather cynical, sarcastic sort of responses from people. =A=;; Which is... belittling. I might be over thinking things.

Also fought with a girl earlier about reproductive rights because my province has a new government in charge now and she hates the main party (liberals). I think you can imagine what I mean.

09.23.2014, 10:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak Also fought with a girl earlier about reproductive rights because my province has a new government in charge now and she hates the main party (liberals). I think you can imagine what I mean.

You mean you don't have the rights to reproduce or your friend hates liberal reproduction?

LL: Second run of the week, this time with my phone to record the distance and time. It was with a 5kg load and I was holding myself back, but it's still shockingly disappointing to see my pace drop by a minute from my usual. It was actually much slower in the beginning until the 5-min checkpoint when the timer alerted me to how horribly slow I was going.

Oh, and my thighs are back to pain more again. Probably gonna be like this twice a week every week until november.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.24.2014, 10:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hahaha.

LL: Broke my cell phone after only two years. It fell lightly and worked for a second, but won't turn on now... sigh.

HL: Guess I'm getting an iPhone sooner than I thought. ._. Although I'm quite sad over the loss of my phone. Had so much on it and was hoping to hand it in in exchange for cash. I just backed up the thousands of pictures on it to my boyfriend's laptop fortunately so the loss isn't overly horrible.

09.24.2014, 10:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:

Relaxing, lazy day... Didn't do much of anything at all... Online, read a book, watched TV...

09.25.2014, 04:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Fun night at the pub with new friends.

LL: Wow, I just did so badly on a kanji test. Lol, so badly. I even managed to mess up the most basic stuff that I've written a thousand times. This is why I shouldn't be in second year level class, sensei. Pfft. Going to write her an email later and ask to change.

My Anime List

09.25.2014, 06:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How's the rest of your Japanese though? In Kyoto there was a guy in my class who was definitely better than me at speaking, understanding, vocabulary etc, but his kanji knowledge was terrible. And while that was a stumbling block a few times, he was absolutely good enough for that class. I think it's quite normal for your level in different aspects of the language to not match up.

09.25.2014, 06:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not nearly solid enough for my liking. I'm probably weakest of all at speaking; listening isn't bad, vocabulary's... eh, okay I suppose. Not where it should be. I remember grammar rules well. Anyway, this is what I want to do. I don't mind going over basics again. I really want to consolidate what I have before attempting to move onto new things.

My Anime List

09.25.2014, 06:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That makes sense! I just felt that being dissatisfied about kanji alone would be not enough reason, but I totally understand if you want to work on other things too before going into a higher-level class.

09.25.2014, 08:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If the kanji test was a written test, don't fret: a large majority of Japanese can't write kanji either It's kinda like how a large majority of native English speakers can't speak proper English.

HL: Legs not hurting. Should have pushed harder but I can't complain about not being in pain, haha.

LL: Haze is back, and with it, sore throat and runny nose.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.25.2014, 09:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Whaddya mean, we don't speak good English??? Hah!

lol

09.25.2014, 12:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Spent an enjoyable day at my oldest son's house then we all went to my youngest son's place for a combined birthday party for him and his son...

09.28.2014, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

HL: Ghibli movie night on a big projector screen

With the closure of ghibli, I actually feel like having a weekly ghibli session and rewatch all the movies per week, or at least the ones I own. Although I think I can skip Nausicaa since I watched that at the cinemas a few months back.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.28.2014, 09:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Went on a trip yesterday with a group I'm a part of. Met some of the younger incoming students. There was a really nice Korean girl whose brother is in my year and she's really into kpop. She told us a bunch of ghost stories while walking in the woods. lol Also made friends with a Japanese guy whose a full time student. We talked a lot about music and stuff.

Also, getting my new phone today, hopefully. Scared how much this is gonna cost me...

09.28.2014, 11:09 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Yay, my weekend is over... Now my life can return to normal... Or such as it is, lol...

09.29.2014, 12:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

LL: A blister on each sole after tonight's run. I guess you could say I have... runtime error.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.01.2014, 10:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hl: Back! And I found out my youtube channel has a new subscriber! Yay!

10.01.2014, 07:51 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Going to the local high school and looking through the annual yearbooks on the history project I am working on... YAY!

10.02.2014, 10:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yaylight: Yay!Yay!Yay! Keep Yay!Kiki's spirit alive.

Hl:I bought Steins;Gate on dvd and it came today! Yay!

10.02.2014, 06:29 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  561  562  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks