QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree, arren. Not sure in what manner it does, maybe it mostly has to do with the inactivity, altho that seems to have picked up a bit lately... I just realized that I've been in the Tavern for almost 4 years now. I became a member on St Patrick's Day in 2008 and Kiki joined a month later. I think that she is now 17, I'm 65 and we've all gotten older and changed in our viewpoints and outlooks over the years. Many new people are now here injecting many new and sometimes old ideas into the chatter...

I still like it here and enjoy exchanging views or just posting my little tidbits of information. Oh, yeah... and still enjoying Ghibli movies...

02.26.2012, 11:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I joined when I was 12, and shortly I'll be turning 18. o.o

HL: I cleaned my room. X3 Bagged up a bunch of manga (maybe around 30 to 50 volumes) and put it in my closet. Picking which ones to bring with me and which to sell. I have a shelf with all of my keep ones. My Furuba volumes sadly don't fit. I'm not sure if I want to bring them or not, since I'm nearly done collecting all. :/ Also a bunch of anime discs and magazines and comics. Oh, and possibly clothes.

I have too much clothes. Most are dresses. lol I'll be keeping most, but some.. likely not.

TV and cooking supplies are on the floor. I don't use my TV. If I do get one, I want one with a DVD player built in. I need something to play all my foreign DVDs on too. Hmm...

Lots of school work to do up today~. Prenoting and working on a presentation. Maybe make my lunch later. Wish parts of my Totoro bento hadn't gone missing. I think I might transform it into a jewelry tub. I want a Jiji bento and will order it when I purchase my boyfriend's. ^_^

LL: Two 15~20 minute long presentations to do. >.< Eep! But it won't be so bad. Also have to practice on my Korean song I chose to sing for my music class. Almost got it down. I might record it and do up a video presentation of the artists and Korean music for my teacher. She'll like that~! Hopefully she extends the deadline so I can do it over March break alongside my volunteer work for one class.

02.26.2012, 12:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Haha, more people who haven't been around for a while.

Well, I actually have been here, just not saying much. I'm not sure why not really; it's not that I don't have things to say. I think this place feels different from how it used to...

The lack of a new movie seems to be it.

Here's hoping the DVD for kokuriko hill will be by june...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.26.2012, 12:33 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky, I appreciate the support. Might have a rough ride up ahead. Thanks FFF, too. I'm planning to change gender, you see, and... as you can imagine, it's not an easy subject to bring up with one's father at the best of times.

Anyway, I know what you mean, Arren. It does feel different. It kind feels as though... though we're not posting less, but... we're not talking, really. To each other. Not like we used to. I miss that. I miss Isakaya. I wonder if something like that would bring us together again. I think I must have been thirteen or fourteen when I joined... Never stayed anywhere as long as I've stayed here. As I've said before, it's like... if the internet's a world, then the Tavern's my home.

HL: Meh.

LL: Ugh, work. I'm so bored of making piles of sticks. Haven't even been paid for this week either. And I have to be up early on my only day off, that being tomorrow. Got to go to some place with dad to pick up a fancy pheasant. It's an awesome pheasant, like, but... I want mah lie-in. ;-;

My Anime List

02.26.2012, 12:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Thanks Husky, I appreciate the support. Might have a rough ride up ahead. Thanks FFF, too. I'm planning to change gender, you see, and... as you can imagine, it's not an easy subject to bring up with one's father at the best of times.

Ahh, if it helps, I know someone who changed their gender. He's now a she. Actually before, he was a hermaphrodite, but was raised as a male by his parents. When I talk to him, I always call him as a her. I know what she's gone through since I've known her before the surgery and everything. Best of luck to you. If you can take on this, you can take on anything. Don't let anyone get you down. It's going to be hard, of course, especially breaking it to someone you love and who raised you. My friend spent many years thinking of doing this and saving up the money.

Good luck. <3

HL: If my mom isn't too busy and the wind isn't too cold, might ask her to go sea glass hunting. I want to find three really nice pieces to have pendants made out of for three special teachers. I would do it for all my teachers, but these three would like that style of jewelry most.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 02.26.2012, 01:24 PM.

02.26.2012, 01:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kaz
Aw, that's rough. The best of luck to you!

And yeah, I agree about the whole Tavern-not-quite-feeling-the-same thing. We're all so much older now (I, for one, am a lot less spazzy and hopefully less annoying than I was at thirteen) and there are lots of new people here, which is okay, but different.

Ahhhhh, I missed you guys though!

HL: Our house is all clean and it's a lovely day out.

LL: Having to sit through a nice little dinner and act like I wasn't repulsed by the people who I hate and ruined my life when I was fourteen. I mean, it's a normal thing in my life now, but whatever.

02.26.2012, 10:06 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're not still spazzy and annoying????? lol yeah, almost 4 years now for us....

02.26.2012, 11:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww you guys =(

*hugseveryone*

This feels like a reunion of sorts. And even if we're not talking like we used to, I'm glad to still see you guys around here.

02.27.2012, 12:53 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still here. Mostly.

Good luck Kaz. Rooting for you.

Yeah, Isakaya, such a shame it ended. We talked about starting another RP but no-one seemed very motivated.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.27.2012, 02:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: In the process of experiencing my mid-year breakdown over schoolwork. ._.

I wish I could go on vacation like everyone else... I want to go somewhere too...

02.27.2012, 05:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I will say this about the Tavern...
If I am not seen in here for a month or so, it will probably be because I am unable to post in any way, shape or form; probably due to illness or death. Hay, I'm honest about it. I'm old, haven't taken care of myself when younger, and don't do a great deal of healthful living even now. I do some things, but I don't go overboard about it. Which probably drives my doctor nuts, lol

I will be a Tavern member for as long as I and the Tavern survive...

OK, serious stuff over...

Yay Tavern; Yay Ghibli; and YAY Miyazaki-sama...

02.28.2012, 03:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay Tavern! I still check in a lot I just often don't feel like I have a lot to say or to comment. I still feel very strongly and protectively about this forum though, it's such a personal source of relief and relaxation for me.

LL: I fell off my chair earlier, and I was sort of crouched on it and fell quite hard onto the wooden floor and now I have a nasty bruise

02.28.2012, 09:49 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just cross at the lights and don't start fires or fights and im sure you'll be grand husky

i like the pace of this forum, its easy to keep up with and if you only post once a day your still pretty much a regular

02.28.2012, 10:11 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My new favourite tv show, Dream High 2, was uploaded today with English subs! yay! Came out on Monday night in korea.

02.28.2012, 10:53 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
May I be so bold as to enquire why, though?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.28.2012, 12:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
May I be so bold as to enquire why, though?

Why I want to change? Well, put simply, it's something I've always wanted. Though, until I got to my teens I didn't really think about it or recognise it for what it was. Even since I was very young, like at primary school, when we played pretending games I always took on a male character of some sort. Always. Just shows how some things never change - I RP quite a lot on other sites and don't have a single female character. I spend my life pretending to be what I'm physically not, like a never-ending RP inside my head. Only, that illusion is so easily shattered. Every time I see a mirror or hear my own voice. I feel shy, unconfident and weak and I know, don't ask how, I just know, that if I were to wake up tomorrow as a young man then those feelings would vanish and I would be so impossibly happy. I feel extremely uneasy with how I am and feel no... no connection with my physical gender; however many female friends I have I don't feel like one of them. The complexities of it aside, what I have is this deep-seated and burning desire to change; it's been there since I was a child and it becomes more intrusive every day. To have it resolved would make me the happiest person alive.

HL: Meh. It's been an average day.

LL: III really should get that homework done.

EDIT:

New HL: Class is postponed tomorrow, yeeeaaah.

LL: Didn't manage to get that homework done in time. Well, I did, then it had an error and by the time I figured out what was wrong submission were closed. Goddamnit.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.28.2012, 07:58 PM.

02.28.2012, 03:01 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

iv got to say your incredibly brave kaz. Fair play, i really admire that.

02.28.2012, 08:21 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Will officially be a student at a very lovely university in the fall.

So excited to go visit there soon! I haven't in a long time. Apparently the campus is just the right size.

LL: Didn't do so well on a bio test today, but get to finish it tomorrow.

It's just on stuff I don't really like. XD

I forgot to look into bus passes and that stuff... o.o; Because I'll need one. We don't have buses where I live and I've never had to get on one (only school buses). So of course I wouldn't really think about that.. I would think they might, but I don't know since the campus is off behind a freakin' tree JUNGLE.

02.29.2012, 05:10 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Still unemployed. Sigh.
And i live in a city where unemployment is quite low, i can't imagine how much harder it'd be in other places in the world.

03.01.2012, 09:50 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
LL: Still unemployed. Sigh.
And i live in a city where unemployment is quite low, i can't imagine how much harder it'd be in other places in the world.

Half my country is emigrating to yours so there's a fair chance someone Irish is keeping you out of the job

HL: Getting a haircut. i should really get out more

03.01.2012, 09:36 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks