QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
LOL I wound up only hugging one guy and he was willing. I would've hugged another guy but he was running around with nothing but a towel on trying to show off I think.

HL: Feeling much better. ^^

Nothing on but a towel???

What kind of dorm are you in lol

07.15.2016, 02:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
LOL I wound up only hugging one guy and he was willing. I would've hugged another guy but he was running around with nothing but a towel on trying to show off I think.

HL: Feeling much better. ^^

Nothing on but a towel???

What kind of dorm are you in lol

A dorm with awkward males who don't know how to interact with women half the time. lol He thinks he's the hottest thing around.

I have to say, I'm really appreciating the guys in this group though. They've put so much effort into talking to me and I've never really had that with any other group. I told them most of the Japanese guys will avoid talking to me or not want to and they were actually really surprised and couldn't understand why. I can actually hang out with them alone and don't have to worry about the conversation dying.

07.15.2016, 05:35 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: so I've been waiting a long time for the university to get in touch with me about what to do about my medication while I'm in Japan, and with a month to go I still had nothing so I emailed them only to be told I hadn't given the storage information I'd been asked for ('and we can't help you if you don't do what you're asked').

Okay... 1) I told my lecturer when I gave him my patient record that the stuff didn't need any special conditions, and 2) he never sent me an email requesting that information, like he apparently says he did.

So don't get snotty with me, lady from the international office. <__<

My Anime List

07.22.2016, 01:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: When you open up to a friend who encourages you to tell her everything, but she decides to cut you out a few days later and feels everything you're going through is too much for her.

07.22.2016, 02:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ugh, I'm sorry that happened to you, FFF. That's really hurtful.

I forgot my HL...

HL: paid a visit to my friend's mother this morning. Had a lovely chat and catch up. She gave me some clothes her younger son's grown out of, which was really kind. ^^ I found out my friend's planning to propose to his girlfriend when he comes back from Japan... She's coming back with him for a couple of weeks and he's going to ask her in Edinburgh. Already has the ring. I'm shocked, really shocked, but happy for him, of course.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.22.2016, 04:25 PM.

07.22.2016, 04:24 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i am taking the proposing as to asking to marry. I did not get why you are shocked. I mean we are not exactly little anymore. 24-30 is a great time to start a family. if you are mentally and financially stable.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.22.2016, 05:05 PM.

07.22.2016, 05:03 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

He's 21 and not finished university yet. That, and he hadn't said a word to me about it. They've also been together less than a year. According to his mother he's not planning to actually get married anytime soon, not until he's finished university and has a stable job and so on. Anyway, I have good reason to be as surprised as I am. I know him.

My Anime List

07.22.2016, 05:25 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow well, congrats (?) to your friend! I hope it all goes well despite the surprise. It's always a weird feeling when friends start making that level of commitment and you don't entirely know where it came from.

HL: hm had a pretty productive week. Things got done! And there was beautiful sunshine as well.

LL: have some stuff that I've been meaning to do but work is long and all consuming and I can never seem to get around to my personal life

07.22.2016, 07:10 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, Kaz. <3 I felt really betrayed.. One of my best friends is giving me total silent treatment as well after I opened up to her, but I hope she is just busy. I don't want people to pick sides.. And I wanted to be open because I've been struggling alone for so long. I hope this all passes soon and I can start being genuinely happy again. Also hoping those friends will cool down and come back to me but if not I guess it's their loss.

Also, congrats to your friend, hope that all goes well~.

07.22.2016, 08:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
He's 21 and not finished university yet. That, and he hadn't said a word to me about it. They've also been together less than a year. According to his mother he's not planning to actually get married anytime soon, not until he's finished university and has a stable job and so on. Anyway, I have good reason to be as surprised as I am. I know him.

Ok. got it.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.23.2016, 04:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: So.. My best friend also decided to side with my ex. I don't really understand why anyone has to pick a side. I'm pretty hurt by this but I guess my friendship with her didn't mean as much as I thought. She seems confused and she thinks my judgement is bad and that I see him as a bad person. I don't at all and corrected her on that. I've been sort of irrational lately but that's kind of to be expected with how many different emotions I'm facing at once.. Starting to think more clearly now.

It could just be him turning people against me. He tried to do that to a friend of ours who found maintaining their friendship too exhausting. I'd be disappointed if that's the reason.

This whole situation is weird.

07.23.2016, 11:36 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF
aw that sucks. well, it's nice to be single though, less drama. Hope you get your mind straight.

HL: Lived through another day of work.

07.25.2016, 08:40 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thank you. <3

WL: I'm really happy I am out of it, but I miss my best friend. She said some incredibly mean things. They've been discussing my every flaw and it's weird to not only have him doing that now but the people I trusted and loved. It's weird suddenly being abandoned and told I can get through it myself but that I'll be unhappy and keep making the same "mistakes".

I don't want to remain quiet about this. I've been a victim of emotional abuse before. This is the only time I've admitted to that. I also realized it was the same in this relationship. It's weird to have that dismissed as if it's nothing. Maybe because I've dated guys who've been very charming on the surface and who a lot of people love and admire. No one saw it but me. I've been denying to call it what it is but that's it.

Anyway, I'm going to get help. This has been my life since I was 17. I want to become stronger and to move beyond this. I don't want this to happen again.

07.26.2016, 07:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I don't want to remain quiet about this. I've been a victim of emotional abuse before. This is the only time I've admitted to that. I also realized it was the same in this relationship. It's weird to have that dismissed as if it's nothing.

To me (you know, just a random stranger on the internet) this point of view is in direct contradiction to:
quote:
I want to become stronger and to move beyond this.

Like, "strong" in this context seems to imply that this kind of stuff (someone saying "mean things" to you) should be exactly "dismissed as if it's nothing".

There is this Buddha tale that I think is relevant.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.26.2016, 10:38 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I guess strong isn't exactly what I meant. At the moment, I'm just feeling very hurt and angry. As much as I would like to dismiss what she has said to me as if it were nothing, I can't at the moment.

I meant strong as in I want to feel confident again and like myself. The past year has had me questioning my own identity and feeling not quite like myself, among other things.

Sorry, I'm still not very clear right now. lol I wrote that post when I was a bit upset about things. I wanted to get help so I can sort through what I'm feeling and have experienced, and figure out where to go from there.

07.26.2016, 12:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what kind of help are you looking for here. it does not sound like you need any advice, instead you do, indeed, need someone to just hug you and maybe give a shoulder to cry on, which is not really possible to do over the internet well maybe some other people in this forum do know you, and see other options.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.26.2016, 01:11 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

was just trying to remember what I did in the situations like yours, well, I don't think I have any magic tricks. I managed to convince myself that I don't need those people and need to go on with my life, and it worked until the next time very same **** happened. so, for me it was just time passing that helped every time. lucky me, that was never long time to wait.

07.26.2016, 01:15 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This reminds me of when a close friend of mine at university got out of her relationship last year. They'd been together... three years? She said she didn't really realise it at the time but looking back, he'd been really emotionally abusive to her and damaged her self esteem. He was also one of those quite popular, charming types. She seems to really hate him now.

I guess while it is very hurtful, maybe it's a blessing in disguise to be rid of people who won't support you like friends should.

Anyway, I know you'll come through this alright, FFF. <3 Just take care of yourself for now.

HL: seven puppies born last night! >w< Five girls and two boys. They and their mother are all doing well.

LL: I think I'm getting a cold. D:

My Anime List

07.26.2016, 02:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I wasn't really looking for advice. haha I don't think I need any, I just need to get it out there what's happened.

And yeah Kaz, it's probably very similar to your friend's situation. It is pretty crappy, but I know I can make it through it. I don't particularly miss him. I'm having really intense episodes of guilt and panic attacks though. And I've started to feel angry about what's happened. Deleting photos of him was a lot easier than I thought. I thought looking at him would make me want to take him back but instead I just feel... nothing.

07.26.2016, 03:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Watched Princess Kaguya at a little indie arts theatre in Northampton with my daughter.

LL: Neither of us really understood it, though we talked a lot about it over dinner after and made up a good enough summary of the basics I think.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.26.2016, 06:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks