QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  619  620  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
You don't have to mess with belts or buttons. You don't have to iron them, just a nice folding after washing them. You can answer the door if someone comes to visit. You can run to the store or McDonald's. And they are comfortable to sleep in...

I'm glad that sweat's and tee's were invented...

could not agree more, although i dont generally wear sweatpants but they(s.pants and t.shirt) are extremely useful at many situations

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

02.07.2016, 06:41 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
I'm awake and ready for a day of house-mousing,...

LL:
My foot itches!!!

02.08.2016, 12:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by Lynnie
Nothing really....which sucks...............I duno wearing sweatpants??

hahaha, I don't know whether 'wearing sweatpants' is considered an LL or an HL???

Shorts or sweatpants and a tee-shirt is what I usually wear around the house, depending on the time of year... You don't have to mess with belts or buttons. You don't have to iron them, just a nice folding after washing them. You can answer the door if someone comes to visit. You can run to the store or McDonald's. And they are comfortable to sleep in...

I'm glad that sweat's and tee's were invented...

Shorts and sweatpants for the win!
In Brazil, despite being so hot, most people only wear jeans and I hate it, it's so uncomfortable! I'm all about going out on sweatpants or mesh shorts.

HL: Spent the night with my friend, talked a lot, watched some cartoons. We've been kinda disconnected, so it makes me glad to be close to her again.

LL: So sleepy...

02.08.2016, 11:16 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Snow day! I spent the day working and watching Black Lagoon. A day well spent.

02.09.2016, 08:34 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: did my presentation for Asia-Pacific class yesterday. I don't think I'll get a great grade for it since I couldn't really answer the question I was asked afterwards and we kind of ran out of time to finish properly, but I'm just glad it's over. I hate giving presentations. Got a good long sleep last night too.

LL: it's silly, but I really don't like having to talk to people from charities who come to the door. Like I'd be happy to give a couple of pounds or so there and then but they're not allowed to take that now it seems; they need bank details. And I don't want to give my bank details to some guy at the door from some charity I've never heard of, which is reasonable, right? But I feel really bad anyway.

My Anime List

02.11.2016, 10:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That sounds like a scam to me. They possibly use clever people whose approach is to make you feel guilty or bad.

I tend to do what you do and drop a pound or two in a collection box when I'm out shopping.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.11.2016, 11:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a sign on my door that says "No soliciting"... On the few occasions that solicitors DO come to my door, I point out the sign and close the door. I have mostly gotten religious people coming by and have been told, "But we're not soliciting anything..." I tell them that they are soliciting their religion and close the door.

Took a while, but I seldom get any of them at my door, anymore...

02.11.2016, 12:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've noticed a couple of houses around here have that kind of sign, Husky. It's only happened twice since I moved there, though, so it's not a big problem. I'll only be here 'til summer anyway. ^^

Mm, I know it could have been a scam but the person wasn't pushy at all and they were doing this in the pouring rain. ^^' I know what they can be like, some do try to guilt trip you and push you but it wasn't like that. I think they were genuine, I just can't help feeling bad in that situation.

As you say, Saddles, I just tend to drop some change in collection boxes when I'm out and about. Or if I see a homeless person I'll usually give them a pound or two (not that I ever see them where I live now, really, only when I happen to visit bigger cities).

My Anime List

02.11.2016, 12:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL/LL: My interview went both great and horrible at the same time. But I left feeling pretty confident that hey, even if I messed up the next time I do it it'll go much better. I wished the person after me good luck before leaving.

02.12.2016, 05:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by belborges
mesh shorts.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.13.2016, 06:20 AM.

02.13.2016, 06:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, now, Sadd....

Uh, wait a minute!!! Did bel say MESH shorts???

Now in my life I've seen mesh shirts, but SHORTS!

The concept is revealing... (sorry, I had to put that in )

I suppose that I could just google it (what a word for this topic) but could any of you LADIES please explain to this old guy what "mesh shorts" are?

I am sure that they are not what their name seems to implicate... But then I have not kept up on worldwide fashion changes,,,

02.13.2016, 01:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just google'd "mesh shirts" to see what you were so surprised about and OMG HAHAHAHA THIS IS INSANE

Sorry, I used Google Translate to see what Portuguese "malha" was in English and got "mesh". It's just a type of cotton fabric that's really comfortable, really.

Here's what I meant with "mesh shorts":

See? Just comfy shorts! Girls use this to sleep and work out, mostly.

Srsly 'tho, mesh shirts are BIZARRE! I've never seen this in my life.

02.13.2016, 05:37 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I've seen some celebrity type and some Beach girl types that wore them, quite revealing, really. The shirts I mean... Usually meant to be worn over a tank top or bikini top, but not always.

Of course there are the optional clothing beaches in California as well, part of the Torry Pines State Beach. Not really legal but clothing not strictly enforced either. A hang-gliding and para-gliding port at the top of the cliffside.

The wife and I went there one time with some friends. After a bit, we felt uncomfortable with the little clothing we had on... so eventually that went as well. It was almost all adults, so no big deal, we figured. You have to remember, this was back in the late 60's and 70's...

I am not promoting this sort of behavior, but it does happen.

HL:
The mother of two of my grandsons was back in town this weekend and I helped her with some historical stuff as well...

Over dinner we were talking about various things and it came up about what the boys names would have been if they'd been girls instead....... We were both laughing so hard a number of people must have thought we were nuts! hmmmmm... heh heh , now I wouldn't do that would I???

Hahaha, you bet your sweet bippy I would! First chance I get......

I bit of editing required, my 'c' key acting up...
---------------------------------------------------

added the next day...
You gotta remember that this was when I was fairly young and adventurous....

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.14.2016, 12:25 PM.

02.13.2016, 11:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

HL: Being visited by a friend tonight! He studies where I live and goes back to his hometown on holidays, now he's here again. I have some other friends in the same situation and I just can't wait to see them again.

02.14.2016, 03:44 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday's highlight: I went to Kyoto for the day and met up with some friends from my dorm two years ago.

02.14.2016, 08:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by belborges
I just google'd "mesh shirts" to see what you were so surprised about and OMG HAHAHAHA THIS IS INSANE

Sorry, I used Google Translate to see what Portuguese "malha" was in English and got "mesh". It's just a type of cotton fabric that's really comfortable, really.

Here's what I meant with "mesh shorts":

See? Just comfy shorts! Girls use this to sleep and work out, mostly.

Srsly 'tho, mesh shirts are BIZARRE! I've never seen this in my life.

Those shorts are cute tbh.

My highlight?? uhhh I guess completely a lot of work today..

02.20.2016, 07:17 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Not feeling too good today... Think I'm coming down with a cold...

02.21.2016, 12:18 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Flare, hope that you're feeling better soon...

HL:
Had a good weekend so far. With my buddy Bob, down at the 'Vietnam Veterans Unit Memorial' down in San Diego area. Then stopped the paragliding flight center on the way home, yakked with some Russian young people, had a few laughs with them. Used a couple of Russian words that I knew... Talked about how cool it was that it was so different than back in the days of the 'cold war' between our two countries. Yeah, I know, Russia is not the USSR, but all the same, it was cool that he and his friends could visit here and do some paragliding...

Them Russian ladies were purty!!! Hey, I may be old, but I'm still a guy... All that climbing mountains to jump off of, I guess...lol

LL:
Kidney op this Thursday, not looking forward to the recovery time, but oh well... stuff happens... If I'm unable to, I'll have daughter post my condition in here.

But in the meantime, fun, fun, fun...lol

02.21.2016, 03:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

re-read to last few postings and came across the 'Mesh shorts' thing again...

Actually saw a young woman wearing nothing but a sports bra or top and a very brief pair of mesh shorts!!!

We got to talking and most of the people around the paragliding site were wearing long pants and sweaters or coats... I aked her if she was cold and she said "not too much" but a few moments later she came back wearing a tee-shirt and a light coat but still nothing but the shorts below. I would have liked to check for goosebumps, but chastised myself and said, "behave yourself, Husky"... lol

I did comment on how, when I was a kid, the girls wore skirts and dresses to school most of the time and never seemed to feel or mind the cold on their legs... We laughed...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.21.2016, 04:48 PM.

02.21.2016, 04:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

OOPS!!!

Goof on my part... I had the date of the operation right, I just had the mindset of it being on Thursday... One of my daughters-in-law texted me to verify the date and time. I was checking things out and suddenly realized that I had the day wrong!!! lol

All straightened out now, the slice-and-dice will be on Wednesday of this week...

02.22.2016, 03:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  619  620  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks