QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  542  543  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well my summer abroad (kinda) is complete

HL: Fell in love (kinda)
LL: Got my heart broken
HL: Figured out that I'm better for it?

Ben and Jerry's sounds really good right now. And my roommate and I are about to make pie...

@FFF: Ooh exciting, where are you flying?
@Roar: I'm so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's family.

07.20.2014, 05:54 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Fenkashi is back.
LL: Sorry to hear about your hearts ups and downs.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.20.2014, 06:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear about your lost love, fen, but glad that you've been able to learn from the experience...

Losing a love really is a learning experience, isn't it... But hurts like hell at the time, I know...

07.20.2014, 06:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome back Fen! As somebody who also got her heart broken not so long ago, I am sending you mental cuddles and cake! <3

07.20.2014, 07:49 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@fen Just to Toronto! I've never been there. My boyfriend and I are going to go through Toronto and Montreal together. He's working over there.

My first time seeing a big aquarium!!

LL: Breathing problems. They said I don't have asthma, but the inhaler one doctor gave me that helps with asthma takes away the coughing. Huh.

07.20.2014, 08:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight - last day of class!

Lowlight - last day of class.

Weirdlight - my oldest friend got ENGAGED

07.21.2014, 02:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: one of my closest friends here just left to go back home. Needless to say I'm feeling pretty down about it.

07.22.2014, 05:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, arren. I still miss my friends I haven't seen in over a year (although one may be going to Columbia University so I'm hoping to make a trip down to NY if she does she got accepted to both Columbia and UCL in England I think so she's having a tough time deciding which to do her master's at). I also really really miss one of my Japanese friends who isn't coming back but I'm going to meet up with him for sure in a couple years. If I had the money, I'd do a mass visit to my friends next summer.

HL: Looking at Canadian short story and poetry contests. Some require you pay, but I'm cool with that if it means a chance at winning. There's three or four for the next year I'm looking at entering. Even if I don't win, I'll have short stories to put in my writing portfolio for school. hehe So win-win basically.

07.22.2014, 04:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hl: I'm back!
Ll: Dang it, I missed fen's return.

07.22.2014, 10:13 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fen is back again! And this time I didn't miss it!

07.23.2014, 08:31 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww thanks guys ^^

And yes FlareNetworkC, I am! Although, I'm so sorry, I'm not sure who you are... did you change your nick? o_o

@FFF: Good luck! And have fun ^^

Post last edited by fenkashi on 07.23.2014, 08:38 PM.

07.23.2014, 08:37 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, Flare is a relative newcomer to the Tavern, fen...

07.23.2014, 09:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Money and not feeling supported in my dreams or goals in life besides by my friends and boyfriend.

07.23.2014, 10:00 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL/LL:
Temperature in Thermal, just south of Palm Springs reached a record 119 degrees F today. (over 47 degrees C).

At this moment, 11:15PM at night, the current temp in Palm Springs is 102F (39C)...

I live a few miles from there...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.24.2014, 02:17 AM.

07.24.2014, 02:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Wow, that's crazy. The temperature here may reach 36 (around 98F I believe) on Saturday and that's probably going to be the hottest I've experienced.

Also I can see why they call it Thermal.

edit: was just reading a news article and happened to see a sentence that shows just why I'm not used to this kind of heat - "Temperatures in Glasgow earlier reached 25 degrees C, officially the hottest day in Scotland this year. "

Post last edited by arren18 on 07.24.2014, 02:36 AM.

07.24.2014, 02:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Yeah, Fen, I'm new. I joined earlier this month. I've been waiting to meet you for so long! Sorry if that sounds cheesy.

My 100th post! I am now a powerful fire demon!

07.24.2014, 08:27 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
edit: was just reading a news article and happened to see a sentence that shows just why I'm not used to this kind of heat - "Temperatures in Glasgow earlier reached 25 degrees C, officially the hottest day in Scotland this year. "

Lucky, my hometown barely reaches 20 degrees C. But I live by the ocean...

HL: I guess I'm doing okay in a course I originally failed with a difficult instructor teaching this one.

LL: More life problems. But learning to work around them. One was sort of expected so we're figuring out how to tackle it now instead of ignoring it.

Also, I hate studying stuff I'm not interested in.

07.24.2014, 12:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I'm not sure which bit you're calling lucky, FFF? The 25 is the upper end, so that's not normal by any means. And honestly, 25 would be pretty nice right now...

07.24.2014, 08:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The highlight of my day would be while I was at work, actually! I am just really happy I managed to assist a frustrated and upset customer and have him leave my care in a good mood. I love it when I can cheer people up!

07.24.2014, 08:41 PM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I'm not sure which bit you're calling lucky, FFF? The 25 is the upper end, so that's not normal by any means. And honestly, 25 would be pretty nice right now...

Ohh ok. It's usually too cold here for me to wear shorts even. lol

LL: Received some bad news...

HHL: I think I found the career path I want to follow. After teaching ESL for a few years, I want to move back to Canada and take a course to become a specialized social worker. I can also turn this into a second degree if I want, which makes me excited as well. The course is only two years and not that expensive so I can totally do it. I'm just so excited because I was starting to realize that's exactly what I want to do when I live in Canada.

It might change, but that's what's really pulling at me right now. I really want/need international work experience as well. I really want to eventually work with organizations helping refugees.

07.24.2014, 09:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  542  543  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks