QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  428  429  430  431  432  433  434  435  436  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Someone linked an article on facebook about an island I live close to. Really irritated me about some of the comments on the article regarding why the people of the island are fearing losing their jobs.

It is very very hard for them there to find work. And what's happening jeopardizes what some of them can do. But making it sound like they're stupid and live in the middle of nowhere?

It just makes me so mad... so so mad..

HL: Spent the night at my friend's house. My boyfriend's friends moved next door to her yesterday.

04.22.2012, 12:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Had a nice day yesterday at Redondo pier. nice cool air.

LL: back in the valley. Hot.

04.22.2012, 05:00 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My sis owns a condo just a 1/4 mile from that pier... lol

04.22.2012, 06:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow it must be nice living out there, minus the traffic.
In the San Bernardino area, there isn't as much traffic as the beach cities.

04.23.2012, 01:24 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She leases it out now that she is remarried. Lives near Pasadena...

04.23.2012, 04:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: After hours of editing, exporting, re-editing, re-exporting, my video is finally done.

Quality sucks, but eh, camera phones aren't the best tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXdG6JDYcog

LL: On the flip side, the Singapore version requires me to use postbox, MSN's version of youtube. I think I uploaded it like two dozen times over a 3-hour period before it finally appeared.

And the quality dropped even further. Yeesh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.23.2012, 09:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Will be able to upload my ATSF 3751 chase vids from LA to San Bernardino from last weekend in the next few days...so if you want 1080P video of that steam engine blasting through Baldwin Park, Pomona, and the like give me a holler! I'll post links here.

HL2: Nice, sizeable tremor down here in the OC...3.9 near San Juan, to my recollection.

LL: Still downbeat over a roadkill incident I got on film whilst filming in San Clemente yesterday...poor squirrel, least it was quick...

Post last edited by AmtrakDesertWindrider on 05.01.2012, 02:13 PM.

04.23.2012, 03:11 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Went to bingo with a friend tonight and won twice!!!
I was so happy, I treated the room to popcorn...

04.24.2012, 04:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:

quote:
‎"HI

We've received your application. However, Sasuke Malaysia are only open to Malaysians only. Please re-apply in Sasuke Singapore through the link below. Best of luck."
Awww shucks...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.24.2012, 10:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Then, Good Luck, Roar...

04.24.2012, 10:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

HL: Built myself a budget desktop
Phenom II X4 970 @ 3.5ghz
4gb G skill Ripjaws 1333mhz
Radeon HD 6670

LL: Pentium 4.. finally retiring. Served me well.

04.26.2012, 12:50 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

RIP Pentium 4...

Jus funning wioth ya...

HL:

Yay, my last medical inspection said that I won't need another colonoscopy for another 5 years... YAY

I'm a perfect a$$... lol (or is that "I've"???)

lol

04.26.2012, 03:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

@jusomekid: That's budget?! Looks more like gamer spec to me.

HL: Just looked up at the obstacle course I'll be running on Saturday. Looks like it's gonna be fun

http://singaporenighttrail.com.sg/images/obstacles_large.jpg

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.26.2012, 10:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

does look like it would be fun... if I was in better shape, lol

Go, Spiderman, Go!!!

04.26.2012, 11:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Got to talk to my wife on Skype. That is pretty much my everyday HL.

Also watched Porco Rosso with two beers and some cheese.

04.26.2012, 12:08 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

LL: It's raining. Heavily. On race day.

I so do not feel like going for a run now...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.27.2012, 09:00 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I got back an essay.. I worked hard on it, but she found all my errors (thankfully, they weren't giant ones, just things I normally would overlook that she wanted me to focus on, since I strayed a bit from the scientific aspect of the essay).

I'm confused why she marked the paper so low to where it says it has no flow, lots of grammar mistakes (there weren't any or she would have nitpicked them). It was a failing mark. I felt miserable.

It's bad enough when I think I can't even pass a high school essay that I start thinking I'll never do good enough in university, even if my university has been very encouraging. I mean, they're a pretty good school and I still got accepted despite my horrible math marks. Then again, I'm not doing science or math subjects.

My friend likes to point out how people she knows drop out of that school because it's too hard... ugh... I want something challenging but won't break me..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 04.28.2012, 10:24 PM.

04.27.2012, 09:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Let me put it this way, FFF. I dropped out of high school mainly because of my failing English grades... Yet in college, I passed my required English studies with an "A"!! go figure...
My GPA at the end of two years was 3.50... Not bad for someone working 50-70 hrs a week and pulling 12 units of night school...

-------------------------

HL:
Yay!!! got some work for the next week or so... I can use the money...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.28.2012, 03:26 AM.

04.28.2012, 03:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

@roarkiller
Yeah, budget gaming rig hehe.. plays stuff on med/high depending on game/settings. I already had the case/psu/windows os/videocard, so i spent about.. $250 on it. which isn't bad for an upgrade.

Post last edited by jusomekid on 04.28.2012, 02:52 PM.

04.28.2012, 02:50 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Let me put it this way, FFF. I dropped out of high school mainly because of my failing English grades... Yet in college, I passed my required English studies with an "A"!! go figure...
My GPA at the end of two years was 3.50... Not bad for someone working 50-70 hrs a week and pulling 12 units of night school...

That's awesome, husky. :') Sorry, I just felt so down over it... I hate doing badly on my schoolwork, for whatever reason.

I feel happy that when I told that to my boyfriend in the car last night he didn't tell me to do better for once but encouraged me.

HL: Yesterday was nice. I got to cook with my boyfriend. Made me happy despite him ridiculing my poor cooking skills. haha I like his kitchen. It's so small but nice.

04.28.2012, 10:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  428  429  430  431  432  433  434  435  436  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks