QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  416  417  418  419  420  421  422  423  424  ...    »  ]
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^^
Congratulations, sounds exciting!

01.18.2012, 12:20 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

good for you, Calforsale

01.18.2012, 12:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much Captain and Husky!

Lol it is funny though, although i have dreamed of going to this university i feel so sad to leave all my friends.... really sad. The vast majority are not moving like me.

01.19.2012, 07:41 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to adulthood, calforsale... We sometimes have to make decisions that are hard or not what we wish them to be... You'll do alright...

1/20/12

LL:
supposed to rain for the next two days....

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.20.2012, 11:28 AM.

01.19.2012, 07:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New Bruce Springsteen album out in March

Its the berries to say the least

01.20.2012, 10:57 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Being pushed into adulthood lol! Don't know what the hell i should do this year.

01.22.2012, 04:24 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

funny thing about being an adult... You can BE an adult, agewise, but NOT be an adult in mindset...

I was about 25 or so when one day I was thinking about something and suddenly realized that I had referred to myself as a MAN... It came as quite a shock to me as I had never considered that aspect of my being before.

I'd been in the Navy, seen people killed in a warzone, was living on my own (finally, lol), had a job... I just had never thought of myself that way before...

Physically, I feel OLD (yuck), but mentally I fell, I don't know, maybe 40. I was still quite active then.

I don't know of this made any sense or not, but the thoughts just came pouring out...

HL:
It's a nice day, cloudy, cool, but nice...

HL2:
Being a member of a forum like this where I can interact with all the young people in here from all around the world.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.22.2012, 01:08 PM.

01.22.2012, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Hauling branches about all day.
HL: Getting paid for it. It will be a nice change for the bank account to have something going in rather than out.

My Anime List

01.22.2012, 01:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Well I think I got a part-time job as a waitress today xD The pay's pretty low but at least it's something.

01.22.2012, 08:10 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good for you, Jelly. I'd love to get a job, but seeing where I'm moving away in like several months, I don't know if I'll find one that'll be worth it. :x I've got too much going on from now until a little after graduation..

Oh my god, seven months. x.X;;

HL: Managed to study a lot today. For some reason, I'd like to get couple rings, but have no idea if my boyfriend would want that. o.O He knows what they are. If I ask, we'd probably get them.. But we both have pretty tiny fingers..

Yesterday we went about buying Asian food. When we went into a convenience store owned by a Korean fellow who knows my boyfriend, he pointed at me and asked if I was a friend. XD When he told him girlfriend, it was the most hilarious thing EVER. He got so excited. Same with another Korean fellow who owns a store near my home. And the girls at a drink place I go to. They always stare. Always.

We stalked my teacher and her husband and kids too in a restaurant. Eventually we did get up and say hi, but that was when we were leaving. I think we successfully scared the table of ten people beside us.

Boyfriend is also singing a Korean song I introduced him to. ;

LL: Exam in the morning~. Well, not too worried. I did study a lot today.

Only two exams. hehe Me so lucky~.

01.22.2012, 10:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: beer, reading 'A Storm of Swords' and writing...

01.23.2012, 06:37 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WeirdLight: I feel weird only having applied to one university... but hey, I knew I only wanted to go there. XD

The one in NS is really expensive anyhow.. o.e The rooms cost even more than the tuition! But it was still a nice looking school. I'd love to go visit more places in NS. Maybe mom will finally take me there~.

One of the things I'm excited about for moving out is that I can have more free will to travel. :3 Maybe not too much during my university years, but most definitely after. hehe My mom does feel bad she couldn't take us to places like where other families go for vacation. But I know it's expensive. We could've afforded it, it's just that we do have pets and there are four of us.

HL: No exam today~. Should be cleaning though. Today is my boyfriend's mom's birthday. :3 But he hasn't invited me over for it... but my sister is going over. She doesn't want me to go. lol Told me to wait until he asks me to come. If he does.

01.24.2012, 11:48 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL 1: An extended deadline on a piece of coursework! Always welcomed.

HL 2: Now exams are over I'm able to see my boyfriend more again! We had a lovely night last night and we have nice plans for this weekend. We're going to go into London and go to the National Portrait Gallery and Camden market and things.

LL: Bored~

01.25.2012, 10:47 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Thinking of something special to give my boyfriend for his birthday. It's not for four more months, but he was saying he'll probably won't get anything. His dad passed away two days before his birthday and they had the funeral on his birthday.. So, I'd like to make that day a little happier because he probably thinks of that before thinking it's his birthday.

I'm still too afraid to ask him what year his dad passed..

LL: Four more days until the second anniversary of the day my old friend passed on. Never forgotten about her.

Makes me want to make the best of my life. I've been learning a lot from the drama I'm watching too.

Edit: Mm, think I'll make his dream of having a picnic come true for his birthday. And I'll make him all sorts of stuff and a bento. XD So all sorts of Asian goodies in there. I think he's giving up sweets again so mostly fruit for dessert.

Yay~. I just don't know which location to choose.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 01.25.2012, 12:59 PM.

01.25.2012, 12:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Liverpool reaching Wembley for the first time in 15 years

Dalglish!

01.26.2012, 06:58 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
My critturs, so cute... The one reminds me of a raspberry... same color...

01.27.2012, 12:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's Friday! Plus I already got the tough part of my AP Art History final done!

SOOO AWESEOME! /)*3*(\

01.27.2012, 02:10 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Vintage kimono~. <3

Also, searching for a good haori that would match a red kimono. And hair accessories. Much searching on the webs~.

Korean and Japanese makeup too. >:'D I want a new BB cream. The one I have is going weird on my skin so I'm going to buy a primer and then a lighter bb cream. The one I have makes me look really pale, but I also lost its cover. I finally know how to use my eyeliner but my hair still isn't steady, but it looks fine so far.

I want makeup in cute cases so I am mostly looking for makeup from abroad. lol I'd love Shiseido, but I don't really want to pay that much. >.< (but it'd be worth it for me since I'd use so little at a time lol so it'd last me plenty) Should've bought one of the eyeshadows in the States for 20$.. the price now doesn't seem so bad for one colour since I liked it.

There's no way I'd be a makeup guru. XD I just like it.

01.28.2012, 12:10 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

And, of course, once ya get all dolled up, we gotta see you and your fella... To compare it to the 'old' you... HL:
had fun at the Bngo place again... and again, I didn't win... sigh.

LL:
having to wear the damn heart monitor 24/7 for a month... My doc says it will give him some input into my condition... but, man that thing is uncomfortable to wear while sleeping. I have the two wires to my right collarbone and to the left sife over the ribs. They don't bother my much, it's that hard, plastic, ciggie-sized pack that is attached to the wires and has a short stubby antenna. When I roll over in bed, I end up on top of it and it wakes me up... double sigh.

Funny thing is, here I am in Southern California and I'm being monitored from someplace in Tennessee!!! The marvels of modern medicine... lol

01.28.2012, 05:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Highlight of the weekend was definitely Liverpool knocking Manchester United out of the FA cup with a late winner in front of the Kop. Tensions between the two clubs are at an all time high so to win in that fashion was very special

01.29.2012, 06:39 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  416  417  418  419  420  421  422  423  424  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks