QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  431  432  433  434  435  436  437  438  439  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anything that I can do to help, no problem... It is at PFLAG.com

Take care...
On my way to bingo again...

-----------------
HL:
hey, hey, hey, several close ones, but I won one!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.15.2012, 02:13 PM.

05.14.2012, 07:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Something's wrong with the forum, the text is appearing as Arial instead of Verdana for some reason.

Anyone has the same problem?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.17.2012, 11:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Everything looks normal to me, Roar. Don't know what the problem is. o-o

My Anime List

05.17.2012, 11:18 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know the difference to bbe honest, but it all looks normal to me...

and no age jokes.... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.17.2012, 12:37 PM.

05.17.2012, 12:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
TheVoid
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.16.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TheVoid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: well, it's small, but I got a new fan for out where I paint. It gets so hot and stuffy because there's no circulation. So yay! Yeah not much happened today...

05.18.2012, 12:41 AM TheVoid is offline   Profile for TheVoid Add TheVoid to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Realizing my stupidity. The odd text was caused by accidental zoom

I'll be in the corner sulking if you need me.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.18.2012, 02:50 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

OH, I SEE.....

05.18.2012, 04:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh my god, Roar. lol

HL: What an absolutely beautiful day~.

And the program I'm involved in through my school makes me happy to be mentoring a younger student. We got along great our first day and found a lot to bond over. She's a very open girl. It was probably best to place her with me because I understand children with dyslexia and the issues of being left handed.

She told me she couldn't wait to see me next. This makes me so happy. I love being a mentor. Who would've guessed?

LL: I have a giant bio test the next day I see her. -__- Kill me. It's either that, or missing time with her and the test to go get a filling... choices...

05.18.2012, 07:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: My boyfriend of a little over a year broke up with me today. It was pretty much out of the blue. Just last night he was saying how excited he was about seeing me.

I just feel hollow. I mean, I don't think it's actually sunk in that it it's over.

The worst part is we didn't break up because he didn't like me, but something about how he was feeling too pressurised by school and everything to be a decent boyfriend.

He's a good guy, so it isn't even like I can be glad to be rid of him. I don't know, I'm just terrified of the prospect of the next few weeks. Not only do I have major exams, I'm also now facing them without the person who until this afternoon I thought was both my best friend and my boyfriend.

Fantastic.

05.21.2012, 04:20 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
feeling bad for you, NC

I know that there is nothing that I can say or do to relieve your personal pain other than wish you my best in overcoming it...

good luck young lady and good luck on your exams, try and focus on them for now...

05.21.2012, 05:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight/low-light of my day was first my internets been gone for the last two days back now thank god! But found out my wireless router is basically buggered so having to use the old wired router witch means no macbook interweb surfing in downstairs, but my highlight is our internet service provider upgraded our connection from 3mbps to 10mbps still nothing compared to other countries but it's really fast to me..

05.22.2012, 11:31 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry, NC. I remember how cut up my best friend was when something like that happened to her. Hope you can get things together soon and do good on those exams. Good luck.

HL: Binder arrived! Looks awesome. I'm surprised how not uncomfortable it is. Good thing too, gonna be wearing it a lot. xD Gonna buy some guy clothes tomorrow I think. 'w'

LL: Mother. I... She... Ugh. She's never happy. I'm kind of resigned to the fact now that no matter what I do, it's going to be the wrong thing as far as she's concerned. I never intended to go to university, but she insisted. Now that I'm a year into my course she's asking what I'm even doing there, and saying that I'd be better off leaving and getting a full-time job. Oh, and that I have no life.

I just really hate this constant tension between us as a family. We don't even feel like a family most of the time. Well, Dad and I do, but then there's mum griping and complaining about every little thing every single day. I don't even like being in the same room now. It's so tense and so damn uncomfortable, you're just sitting waiting for the next thing she's going to throw at you. You can't have a conversation without her saying something sooner or later that just sours the whole encounter. I don't know why she can't just relax. Why there's always got to be something wrong.

My Anime List

05.22.2012, 04:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, NC. *hugs* It'll be alright. It'll take time, but it will be alright. Just try and focus on exams. It's going to be hard, but you'll do fine. Studying might preoccupy you.

LL: I nearly bombed a test today. Why? I knew the material. I hated the wording of the test and the questions. Hated it. After it was done, and I still didn't finish, now I have to complete it tomorrow. She doesn't like it when students don't finish on time, but she also doesn't mind me coming in to finish. I was tearing my hair out.

Afterwards my entire neck and shoulders hurt. I dunno what that sort of stress is called. I got worried I would bring my blood pressure up and almost cried (low blood pressure, I dread the day I ever develop high blood pressure.. don't want it). I just hope the exam is much calmer to me. I really don't understand why we have to learn this stuff, even if it's a prep course. It's just.. we're not scientists. We're kids.

Only a couple weeks of high school left. Still nervous about university. It feels weirdd being the only one going there and one of the few people here going into the Arts. Parents hate when their children don't take sciences, since they think the arts are useless. :/ (mine don't, my mom was in the Arts program)

05.22.2012, 07:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*hugs NC* I'm so sorry to hear that =( I hope something works out for the both of you.

*hugs Kaz* Glad you have a highlight in all that.

*hugs FFF* you can do it! Almost there. ^^

LL: SO SICK.

HL: Idk. Things are falling into place.

05.23.2012, 05:57 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

BIG HUGS to all of you!!! Hoping you all are doing a little better by the time you read this...

As fen says, "Things are falling into place"

05.23.2012, 10:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks fen, and Husky. ><

HL: ... /hugs new shirts

LL: None today, all's good. Ah... although I have work tomorrow. orz

My Anime List

05.25.2012, 10:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WeirdLight: In a weird mood today.

I've been feeling awkward when my boyfriend takes me to gatherings with his friends because they all stop speaking English. Hey, I'm fine with that, usually I get the jist of their conversations and can even invite myself in, but sometimes I just feel awkward and out of place. Especially when he leaves me alone.

His sister's been getting mad that he leaves me alone and goes around talking to everyone. It's OK, I don't like to be seen as clingy, but then I don't know what to do because no one will really talk to me. :/ And I can't exactly get them to start up a conversation in English either. It just kind of depresses me lately. I think because I have graduation coming up and the fact some of my friends and myself won't like see each other for a long time after. He's always said he feels alone and without friends here, but he's always surrounded by people. I'm not and it makes me feel weird.

I'd like to feel I'm accepted by them, but there's just some strange... barrier. Sometimes he forgets to speak to me in English and then I just kind of stare awkwardly off because I don't understand.

05.27.2012, 09:35 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHHHHL: SO HAPPY FOR LOREEN OF SWEDEN FOR WINING EUROVISION! WOOOOO!
My favourite of eurovision won for once! Yay!
I'm also glad i didn't find out till i saw the finals, as it is shown here i think around15 hours after europe.

05.27.2012, 10:17 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Had a good relaxing day, just kicked around the house, put the flag up for Memorial Day, looking forward to tomorrow...

Do a little house-mousing, eat with some friends and go play bingo...

HHL:
got all three of the new egg drops, both genders... YAY!

Got about 363 Dragons now...

05.29.2012, 04:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Accomplishments in the Sims. Moved the daughter of my character out, got her married off to a man in the same job sector as her, bought a mansion for her with enough bedrooms for multiple children, got them to have twins, and now they want more.

LL: Someone stole their oven, car, and something else but don't think it was as important as the first two items. By the time my guy could do anything, it was too late.

I couldn't help thinking of Dora the Explorer.

05.29.2012, 09:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  431  432  433  434  435  436  437  438  439  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks