QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love being tall for a middle schooler. 5 ffeet seven inches

HL: I made the school's creative writing time! I was one out of ten who made it out of 100! Hooray me!

LL: I'm taking forever to script my new Youtube video. If you're subscribed to me, check for my Top 50 Anime Openings coming soon!

09.16.2015, 08:46 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: Had an wow I feel old moment earlier today.

HL: Lazy good day ^^ time with famjam. Good food.

09.16.2015, 10:08 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
WL: Had an wow I feel old moment earlier today.

Aw, c'mon... you gotta tell us, ol' woman...

09.17.2015, 01:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: South Africa 32, Japan 34.

09.19.2015, 01:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sigh LL:
results of ultrasound shows something on my left kidney and Dr recommends a biopsy... if benign, no prob, if cancerous, then cut it out... hoping for the former, but if the latter, then so be it... people can live quite well with only one kidney so I am not overly concerned, except for the actual operating procedure and recovery..

Why the hell am I thinking of Steak and Kidney Pie???

09.23.2015, 08:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky Good luck!!!

HL: Cheap shoes! They are both cute and seven dollars! ALSO I've been broke all year but I just found out that my housing scholarship is giving me more than I originally thought they would and it comes in friday!!! Also I go back to school monday!

LL: Didn't leave the house at all today. I wanted to, but there wasn't really anywhere to go.

09.24.2015, 03:35 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, Kiki... come on down and comiserate with me, lol

hahaha, good luck in your new school year...

09.24.2015, 06:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: Heyo, dudes. I'm feeling pretty stressed but excited to apply for JET soon. I found a few others applying this fall as well, and some who are contemplating/looking at other programs, etc. I keep panicking. Not sure how to control my anxiety about this.

I mean, thankfully I go to a small university and getting everything I need will only take 1-2 weeks (like transcripts, letter stating graduation). I just applied to graduate and am emailing my program advisor this coming week for an appointment date after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure whether to get the reference letters now or wait for the application??

Usually we have people come in to talk about JET, but I'm not sure if we have anyone coming this year or when. I know a few people doing it and whatnot, but I just feel stressed about getting everything in order and doing well in school. I'm already falling behind and it's only been less than three weeks. @_@;;

HL/LL: I'm quitting my job in a month. I don't really want to, but I have too much on my plate and need something more flexible. Also, my skin condition hasn't been improving and I need a work environment with less water..

09.24.2015, 12:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good luck all around, young'n...

09.24.2015, 02:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Concert was awesome. <333

And JET app is out now, and I already have a million questions while filling it out.

10.02.2015, 10:16 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF

glad you had fun at the concert and the best of luck on the JET application...

10.02.2015, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: JP Books visited the university today so we could all buy our textbooks for this year. They brought lots of other nice things too, various Japan-related books, some editions of the Gothic Lolita Bible (欲しかったあぁぁ~), stationery, manga... The weird thing about the manga, about 50% was yaoi. o_o; Not that I minded, ha. I even bought one. It was odd that there was so much though. Maybe it sells well to university students...

LL: Textbooks are expensive... OTL

My Anime List

10.07.2015, 07:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Textbooks have bankrupt me. Except instead of just textbooks, I have to buy **** tons of novels.

Shit tons of novels cost a lot in Canada. Fml.

HL: Yay, people from JET are visiting tomorrow and I can ask them questions. Plus, there's a mock classroom presentation.

Pretty happy my friends are all super supportive of this because I've been going to them all for advice/help, and to a few Japanese friends. I'm just extremely nervous and keep feeling like backing out due to anxiety but I've got a lot of it finished already.

I'm just really nervous to ask for reference letters?? Although I'm pretty sure that the people I plan on asking will be totally cool with writing me letters and I know one is familiar with it all.

10.07.2015, 08:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz - the Gothic Lolita Bible sounds awesome. I adore those fashions. *runs off to Google it*

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.08.2015, 03:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: My cat passed away and I feel so blank.

Death doesn't make me sad initially. It's when you finally realize they're gone when you go to where they lived and they aren't there anymore..

10.08.2015, 10:46 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF aww sorry to hear, been there, it sucks.

10.09.2015, 02:23 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
LL: My cat passed away and I feel so blank.

Death doesn't make me sad initially. It's when you finally realize they're gone when you go to where they lived and they aren't there anymore..

Been there many, many times through my life... My condolences, FFF

10.09.2015, 06:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: realising I'm not registered for as many modules as I should be on my course... It's okay. It's okay, there's one that I can take now without a problem, but I was panicking there. >_< That's given me a headache...

My Anime List

10.18.2015, 02:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Glad it worked out for you...

10.18.2015, 04:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hello guys! i hope you are fine

I am at my last year of University. A lot happened last year so i was not able to take part in tavern as i did previously. I think i am starting to understand the pressure of being in the workforce. Student life is much more relaxing.

I would like to hear how your days have been in the last few months.

Thanks

@husky

how are you? your health alright?

@saddle

how are you?

@everyone

well.. at least the people frequently visit, how you have been?

Have we lost more old members after mush and orphic?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.18.2015, 04:46 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks