QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  440  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

actually, I understand what you mean, Roar.

07.05.2012, 04:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I understand that too, Roar. I've gone to many funerals, but I never cried. Some sentiments, like songs and certain things, from funerals do continue to remain with me, and make me wish I actually felt sadness at the time without regretting it later that I didn't.

Except I am quite emotional, so it's strange for me. It's alright though, if you feel unable to. When I heard about the passing of an old and close friend of mine, I was unable to cry. I was unable to feel sad even as the memories all came back to me. And I hated it and felt frustrated. It'll pass.

Much love.

07.05.2012, 10:23 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think often in life you don't feel the way you're supposed to, or at least at the time you're supposed to. Human emotions are rarely that conveniant.

07.05.2012, 12:31 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have been happy when certain close relatives died because their lives, by that stage, were simply miserable.

Euthenasia can be a good thing.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.05.2012, 12:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In my case, I wouldn't say 'happy' at their passing, so much as saying glad that the suffering is over for them...
I can understand both sentiments, tho... both can be appropriate.

07.05.2012, 12:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WeirdLight: So my aunt and uncle supposedly gave up their tickets we bought them for a concert and my boyfriend and I took them.

Anyhow, my mom said we'll use them, but my dad just called them and apparently my uncle, his daughter and her friend are going. :/

... I don't know if this means we have to give back our tickets. My boyfriend was ecstatic. I told my dad that, and he called anyhow to make sure. I was like "Uh, but mom already straightened it out and I was getting the tickets..?". I don't even care about me going, but he was so happy to be going that it made me want to go too.

Mom will probably be mad if they come asking for the tickets when everything was settled and she couldn't even get a hold of them. >.<; My sister thought it was weird too, for my father to do that. We'd already made all the plans, and his mother even let him go.

LL: Now my elation and vigour has been wiped away. :/ It was going to be my first overnight trip with my boyfriend too. I was honestly surprised my mother said he could stay with us.

I hope we'll still be able to go. My dad makes it sound like he didn't want us to go to begin with. He's not making anything better, only worse, and now I'm the one left to contact my mom. It's her birthday, I don't think he even wished her happy birthday or got her anything..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.05.2012, 06:21 PM.

07.05.2012, 04:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry about the news Roar

Both of my grandparents are depressed, their lives are more an existence than anything, so i won't mourn their deaths when it eventually comes round. i never like losing someone close though, so i know how crappy it must feel right now :/

07.05.2012, 09:16 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think the relation between grandparents is a little bit different in other countries. in south asia it is very very close. i was practically raised by my grandparents( both from father and mothers side). i loved them So much that loosing them is not very less than loosing my parents.
and roar and other who dont get upset and feel frustrated about it should know that human emotions are not bound to the person. But you should consider thinking if there is any barrier(mental) that causes you to not cry. in that case i would say just let it(your mind) go. dont always push it to behave a certain way. cause that is not your real self.

i just feel glad that upto this point the grandparents in my country are very happy by the grace of allah. they live their life parenting their children and grandchildren. as my father's mom and dad are not in this world, he often says he is an orphan there is no shelter covering himself. Actually that is quite true it is really very comforting to have our parents covering us.

so i feel particularly angry to those childrens who throw their parents into the old homes. they are to be cursed.

allah says the child who could not offer help ,kindness and care to their old parents is the most unlucky child.

by this verse allah wants to say it is mandatory for every child to look after his parents at their old age.

alas !!! what we are doing in real life. if we are not to be cursed by allah,who will be?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.05.2012, 10:41 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, we have a standing joke in my family. My sons say I gotta be nice to them because THEY decide which old age home I end up getting sent to... lol

seriously though, they both keep trying to get me to move to their ciity so that I can be close to them, but I will stay where I am because of the medical facilities that i use are here. If I move to their city, I am a long way away from an apropriate medical facility...

07.06.2012, 05:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
hahaha, we have a standing joke in my family. My sons say I gotta be nice to them because THEY decide which old age home I end up getting sent to... lol

My brother say the same joke for our parents lol
But I also feel angry to those who send their parents to the old homes, they took care of you for many years, you have to do the same when they need. Here the old homes are always needing donations because they don't even have the basics to live comfortable :/

07.06.2012, 09:27 AM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My cousins always tell my grandma to be good because they decide which home she'll go to. D: >.<

It's also a running joke in my family, but my aunt was so hurt when her kids told her that, I would never tell my mother that. Heck, I wouldn't put my parents in a home unless I ultimately really had to. If I'm not in the country, my sister would have to care for them, and I think she would if she can in the future.

My boyfriend is very close with his mother's parents. I'm hoping I can see them on Skype sometime if our time differences don't interfere (he usually does after 9 PM our time since it's morning over there). He isn't very close with anyone on his dad's side, sadly, not even his grandparents.

HL: Trip, preparing for my trip~.

I'm starting to realize I'm very snippy lately regarding my attitude. I don't like it when people talk to me, even close people, or being touched. o.O; I wonder what's wrong and why I'm acting this way? Must be emotions.

My little Totoro collection is so cute. ^^

LL: I gotta wait for my boyfriend to get back home before we can leave. o.e His mom made him drive up to the city to go cancel something before we leave.

07.06.2012, 10:41 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, I have a hugely different opinion in terms of homes. Right now I only have one grandparent, my maternal grandmother who lives a few minutes away, as does my mum's only sibling - our aunt. I love my grandmother, but unfortunately in the past few years she has suffered a series of health problems as well as increasingly intense dementia. She cannot remember previous conversations - she asks you the same thing five minutes later, she can barely remember who I am or properly recognise me and she doesn't ever really understand what's going on. Her dog died several months ago and she keeps telling everybody how her dog died 'yesterday'. It's really severe. Dementia is an extremely tiring, agravating illness to be around - it makes spending great lengths of time with my grandmother pretty unpleasant which is upsetting because obviously I only want to think of her fondly.

Currently she lives home alone but has carers come in three times a day to do meals and such, a volunteer who takes her out, and my aunt and my mum and my cousins etc. and myself see her fairly regularly. I'm going to go stay with her tomorrow night for example. However, as it is we are going to have to move her into a home fairly soon. Both my mother and my aunt work full time, have small homes and frankly cannot face constantly caring for somebody in that state.

So yeah I think if your grandparent is still fairly healthy and mentally capable and you have the house space for them than obviously it would be great to care for them, but I don't think it is always that viable an option.

HL: Went shopping today~ Bought an extremely cute LBD and various other bits and bobs. Looking forward to dressing up thursday - I'm going out with a few friends, since one of them is turning 18, and it will be my first time I'll be running into my ex since we broke up which should be...interesting.

07.06.2012, 01:28 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hey, his loss.....

I agree with you about the home thing. When mental and physical reasons come into play, I personally think that it is unfair to force yourself on your kids simply because they are your kids. Not everyone can cope with problems like that. I've been in enough nursing homes while inspecting their transportation equipment, etc that I hope that I never have to go into one, but if I must, then so be it...

At least I know beforehand that my family does love me and wouldn't do it unless necessary, which I might not understand if it happens...

=======================

LL:
My son and dau-in-law just came from the court where they were trying to get custody of her daughter and failed. From what I heard the father was a real schmuck and tried bringing up all kinds of crap about the cruelty, and unfitness of my son, etc. This from a guy that doesn't and hasn't held a job since the kid was born over 5 yrs ago, lives with mommy and daddy (who watch the kid) does small jobs to get money for his "habits". There is a lot about this that is too long to go into so you'll just have to take my word for it that the child would have been better off with my son, etc...

sad...

07.06.2012, 02:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear that Husky... that doesn't seem to make any sense.

HL: Aaahh, such a super day. Went into town with dad this morning and he got me a couple of early birthday presents, then in the afternoon, I went to the transgender support group my local LGBT centre runs, for the first time. That was amazing. I was nervous but everyone was so nice, and for the first time I got to introduce myself by my new name. That felt really, really great to get called that the whole time. That makes the first people ever who'll never have known me as anything else...

LL: Nothin'.

My Anime List

07.07.2012, 05:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good for you, Kaze... we're rooting for you...

07.07.2012, 09:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I'll have to agree, in a manner of speaking. Jumping from second-person to third person, I can't make head or tail who exactly are involved in the situation. Does it involve your son's incompetence, or someone else's?

HL: Nice email from the mom of a local pokemon player, said her son had read my articles and liked them Feels good to be appreciated.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.07.2012, 10:16 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

HL: Nice email from the mom of a local pokemon player

What!!!!!!!

is there really pokemons!!!!!!!!

Laughing out and thinking if it was really laughable.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.08.2012, 12:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012

What!!!!!!!

is there really pokemons!!!!!!!!

Getting ready for going to London with scouts, just 12 days to go
Been watching a lot of GAA recently, always a highlight of the Summer.

07.08.2012, 10:50 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I'll have to agree, in a manner of speaking. Jumping from second-person to third person, I can't make head or tail who exactly are involved in the situation. Does it involve your son's incompetence, or someone else's?

Basically, when E. (girl)was born to A. (girl's mother), A. was going out with M.(girl's father). At the time of their separation, A. was financially unable to care for E. and so M. was given custody of E. He, with much help from his mom, took care of E. When A. was going out with my son, M. tried many times and ways to break them up including restraining orders, abuse filings, etc. All of which were disallowed by the courts. Now that my son and A. are married and doing much better, they decided to try and get E. because they wanted her to be with her new brother and step-sister among other reasons.

Unfortunately, the woman appointed to examine the home and background of A. seemed to be on the side of M. instead of being impartial. She insisted on seeing the documents of hospitalization for mental problems about A. which do not exist because there has never been a problem and the woman put down in her report that A. was uncooperative, etc. This is just one of a number of different things that this woman has done.

Unfortunately, while disallowing much of her report, the judge decided that since there was no proof either way that he would continue with M.s physical custody of E. There is a lot more that I left out...

They will try again in the future only this time with a family-law lawyer which they couldn't afford this time.

BTW, M., who lives at home, is a musician who spends much of his time away from home leaving mom to care for E., but A. couldn't prove this...

visitation rights were upheld though...

another BTW. My son and A. had to pay for this woman's services (even tho court appointed) because they were the ones that filed for custody changes...
Each of two visits cost them $750... mainly because of travel time at $100 per hour...3 hrs each way.

=====================================

LL:
I used to get $100 an hour as an accident investigator, including travel time. One time I spent twenty minutes testifying in court and got over $400... Did some work for the State of California (mostly reading witness statements) and got $1500... Had to go to a regular job tho, not enough business... sigh... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.08.2012, 02:33 PM.

07.08.2012, 02:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Basically, when E. (girl)was born to A. (girl's mother), A. was going out with M.(girl's father). At the time of their separation, A. was financially unable to care for E. and so M. was given custody of E. He, with much help from his mom, took care of E. When A. was going out with my son, M. tried many times and ways to break them up

Super duper ultra like ( for explaining it like math not for anyother thing)

i feel sorry for you. the girl could atleast have a grandfather like you.

dont know why but i understood this thing from the first look at huskys post.(has my english knowledge improved that much)

maybe my university lessons giving me some support or it also may be because of my superior sense(!!!) to understand
social problems.(you know my sense about women equality and gay rights etc. Dont worry i will be back on those threads)

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.08.2012, 03:09 PM.

07.08.2012, 03:06 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  440  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks