QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  587  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm guessing Previous Record.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.24.2015, 12:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: I'm still looking at job opportunities after graduating. I get excited finding jobs I can't do and sending them to my sister. lol

Wish I was fluent in French because I'd love to work on the train. I found a job as a kitchen helper in an aquarium (sounds odd, but they do wedding banquets and offer lunches I think, since there's a research area for one of the universities). My sister didn't like the idea of touching dirty dishes...

._.

Anyway, just trying to find something.. anything.. for later on. Hopefully I can be a camp counselor and teacher next year, but who knows..

04.27.2015, 09:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Cherry tree blossom. I am noticing it so much more this year, no idea why. I seem to see cherry trees in flower everywhere I go, never knew middle England had so many. The blossoms have been really spectacular this year as well. If you have whole parks or avenues lined with these trees I can see why the Japanese have such a love of them.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.27.2015, 10:37 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh, cherry trees. They're too beautiful for words.

04.27.2015, 11:12 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Dragon Cave forum I joined recently just had someone display a lost of different posts with Cherry Trees...

04.27.2015, 12:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's still snowing here...

04.27.2015, 03:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Waaat.

It's beautiful here. 17C, supposed to get up to 27C. I guess that's a HL.

LL: Studying *sigh*

04.27.2015, 04:16 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice blue sky, no clouds, 81 F/27.2C oh, life is so tough...

04.27.2015, 05:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

For April the UK has been having some great weather. Been wearing my shorts to work most days this last two weeks.

Also, hi Fen. Watcha been doin'?

04.27.2015, 06:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it was so nice until a day or two ago. It was really summery. We've had lovely cherry blossoms here, too.

My Anime List

04.27.2015, 07:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Waaat.

It's beautiful here. 17C, supposed to get up to 27C. I guess that's a HL.

LL: Studying *sigh*

Take me to that part of Canada. If that part of Canada exists.

It's been raining, warm showers, raining, raining, more rain, cold rain, snow. Snow, snow, snow. Not cold enough for it to stick though.

Met a newbie taxi driver who is studying here from another country. But he hates the weather. It's so gloomy.

04.27.2015, 08:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Technical difficulties. :| They make me want to break things.

My Anime List

04.27.2015, 09:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
For April the UK has been having some great weather. Been wearing my shorts to work most days this last two weeks.

Not so good here. I was away for a bit and I heard it was pretty nice then, but now I'm back it's the same as ever. I was sitting on the plane and they said there might be snow that day. Typical.

04.28.2015, 06:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kaz... Hope they aren't 'personal', but equipment or machinery...

04.28.2015, 04:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ha, no. Just my iPad being a pain last night.

HL: Chinese speaking exam is done! I'm never speaking a word of it again!

LL: It didn't go that great...

HL: This was so sweet, this Kyrgyzstani guy in our class had said that if he didn't get a good grade for the class he would buy all of us chocolate and he actually did. Like, a whole big bar of Galaxy for each of us. What a lovely guy. I hope he passes.

My Anime List

04.28.2015, 04:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Glad to hear that was all it was, not to make light of it,lol

Great of that guy with the chocolate...

she she... about all I know of Chinese... lol

04.28.2015, 05:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Probably about all I'm going to remember of Chinese. Nǐ hǎo and xiè xie.

My Anime List

04.28.2015, 07:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Xie xie~. I remember asking my Chinese guy friend to help me write a message for my friends who were leaving in Chinese. He forgot how to write it simplified at first XD

Wish we had courses offered. My boyfriend prefers speaking/reading in Mandarin.

04.28.2015, 09:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That's how you write it? What does Ni hao mean?

04.29.2015, 01:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nǐ hǎo is hello. With xiè xie being thank you as I guess you know. Haha, it's only when I started learning that I realised how badly most people pronounce Chinese names, places etc, myself included. Q is pronounced 'ch', zh is like 'dj', x is like 'sh'. I guess I can do a little better with those now at least.

My Anime List

04.29.2015, 05:07 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  587  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks