QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  642  643  644  645  646  647  648  649  650  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That was lucky, Husky! Glad you found it.

HL: one of our dogs, Indri, gave birth to nine healthy puppies last night!

My Anime List

08.13.2017, 06:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She waited until you got home, Kaz...

HHL:
had an even better stroke of luck!!!

A webpage that I once had on WebTV about the ship I was on in Vietnam had run out of storage room so I had my son set up and replacement page that we both had access to. I was able to add more photos and comments from fellow shipmates.

Unfortunately, a few months ago I tries to access the webpage and NOTHING!. Turns out is was a PAY site and he had forgotten that and so 'POOF!"

A friend clued me into a site where I didn't get my latest page back but the original one!!! Better than nothing...

I was able to salvage a lot of my former information.

I'm putting it into the hands of my computer smart son to go to the recovery sitte and see what he can do about that...

Sometimes the toilet flushes you, sometimes you flush the tilet...

08.13.2017, 03:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: my last day at home. I'm not looking forward to travelling for days and going back to work. :/

08.14.2017, 07:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope you got back safely, arren.

HL: spontaneously decided to bake banana bread this afternoon, and it turned out well~ First time I've baked anything by myself, ha.

My Anime List

08.21.2017, 03:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Woo almost have enough money saved for my Japan trip next year. So exciting to already have the money.

LL: I'm in such desperate need of a vacation, I didn't realize how much you need one. lol

08.21.2017, 09:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: My JET coordinator asked if I wanted to meet up soon. I was pretty surprised they emailed me. I'm pretty nervous since I've never met with them one on one but I really want to.

LL: I've been sick for a few days with the flu and had to leave work early. I hope they won't be upset with me. I want to ask for two days off so I can meet with the coordinator and didn't expect to get sick before asking. Urgh.

09.04.2017, 04:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: got a new phone and a haircut.

My Anime List

09.12.2017, 09:42 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And how does it look?

The haircut, I mean... (just cl-hair- ifying)

09.12.2017, 12:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LLLL:

Coming back from our Vietnam Volunteer work, my van SUDDENLY overheated, and I mean Suddenly... Got towed toa shop and the heater hose was temp repaired, but now the engine won't start. Appears to be trying to fire on one cylinder and that ain't good... Have to wait until Mon to check with my mechanic...

09.16.2017, 11:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi there

Today I had a special lunch with my family to celebrate my grandma's birthday. The weather is nice. Right now I'm studying to university exams.

How are you guys?

09.17.2017, 05:08 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good to see you, bel, good to see you...

I'm doing well, except that my car broke yesterday... sigh... lol gotta wait until monday for a mechanic to look at it, but it may be terminal, lol Oh well, Like I said, doing well otherwise...

09.17.2017, 07:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nice to see you, Bel! ^^ I'm doing good.

Sorry to hear about the car Husky, that's pretty bad luck. D:

HL: I'm back at university, enjoying the calm before class starts. We're making Thai curry tonight. :3

My Anime List

09.19.2017, 01:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Still looking for a means of transportation... My postman yesterday told me of two possibilities that he saw on different streets in town that are not far away so I will go an check them out today...

My boys, who live 140 miles north of me are also looking and will be road testing, etc a vehicle on Monday when the owner gets back into town...

Wish me luck... (crossing fingers and knocking on wood) lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.23.2017, 11:40 AM.

09.23.2017, 11:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I have transportation!!

I found a 2008 Saturn Vue suv ...

YAY!!!

09.26.2017, 04:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: I had to run to catch the last train home, then overshot by two stations and had to walk for what felt like forever to get home. I'm so tired now.

09.30.2017, 12:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Lowlight: I had to run to catch the last train home, then overshot by two stations and had to walk for what felt like forever to get home. I'm so tired now.

I take it that you didn't have the fare to go back two stops. Wsd there no possibility of getting a free ride back due to error, say in language???
regardless, get some rest...

09.30.2017, 07:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

The way train fares work here is that it's from your departure station to arrival, so you can always get another train back without paying more - actually this time I did have to pay more because I went too far. The problem was that it was the last train, so there was no chance to go back.

10.01.2017, 12:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

AH, I thought that the train might be returning back the way it came... It was an idea... Hoping that you're well rested by now...

After I had been there for awhile and didn't have to be on the ship every night, I would get on a train and just travel until I was somewhere that I had never been before. I'd get off and just wander around whatever town I happened to be in. I was prepared to spend the night, but I never had to and I knew enough Japanese then to get along and get back to Yokosuka...

I was happy to learn more about Japan than just the bars and stuff .

BTW, If you or Kaz happen to run into Mitio Takahashi or hear of him and he is about 70, tell him I said Hi... He was studying to be an English teacher when he finished his schooling. His family had invited my family to spend the weekend at their rice farm outside of Tokyo... After I got back to the States, we lost track of one another. In one of my many moves, I lost his address...

If I can locate the photo, I'll post it!!! It is of his family and mine at the house.

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.01.2017, 12:06 PM.

10.01.2017, 11:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's just like my dad when he was in the army in Germany, Husky. Seems most soldiers didn't venture much past the same couple of bars, but he explored as much as he could.
It'd be nice if you could reconnect with your friend in Japan; it's a long shot but stranger things have happened!

LL: Guess who got up at 7, got ready, and scampered off to university only to discover it's a Sunday? Not me. Nope, I definitely didn't do that.

My Anime List

10.08.2017, 05:15 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I wish that I could say that I have never done the same thing, Kaz... but I have... sigh...

10.08.2017, 06:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  642  643  644  645  646  647  648  649  650  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks