QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  430  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: None in particular. It's been an average day.

LL: Worrying. Just the usual things. I wish I had someone to talk to.

My Anime List

03.06.2012, 12:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami I wish I had someone to talk to.

I wish we could, too.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.06.2012, 01:11 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wish I could help, young'n... sorry...

03.06.2012, 01:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HH: Finally completing my Ghibli DVD collection... for now. It only took me a year but I did it.

LL: realising it cost me about £135 to get every DVD.

03.07.2012, 04:35 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Has achieved a nice scholarship!

LL: Now I must keep a minimum average in university of an A-... o.o;

My mom said it shouldn't be so hard to, but she had one of the highest averages all four years and majored in more than one area.. Actually, she might have had the highest possible, except in a few courses, like one she didn't want to take and had trouble with, and another where the professor wanted to fail her..

My friends on their trips around the world are making me jealous. TnT I really want to travel.. Someday, I keep telling myself, someday.. Get university over with and work overseas. I much more like the idea of living in a foreign country than just taking a trip there. XD But I'd like to visit at least my boyfriend's country while in school. :B I think the only thing I'd generally have to concerned about for paying would be plane tickets.

03.07.2012, 11:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its Friday, Friday, ten past twelve on Fridayay

03.08.2012, 08:10 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: It's a thursday yaaay (my friday)

LL: online class exam to finish, study study, speech, midterm... >.<

Still heartbroken... how long does it take to go awayyyyy : (

03.09.2012, 02:25 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid

Still heartbroken... how long does it take to go awayyyyy : (

In my experience, until you prefer someone else

HL: Going away with scouts in a minute!

LL: Forgot to brush my teeth, does that count?

03.09.2012, 01:14 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
YAY! Home again..

LL:
Warning! Reading can be hazardous to your health!!! Stayed up to 2:30AM reading then went to bed. Woke up abt 4:45AM with heart flutters. Went to ER... OK now...

NOTE: just joking about the reading...

03.10.2012, 03:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WeirdLight: Checking out the price of plane tickets for various reasons. The price of visiting my boyfriend's home country is so... expensive... o.e I might just wait until a time when they all decide to go. But even if I saved up 500$ a year it would work.. hehe It cost him and his sister even more to come here. It costs a lot less on a round trip. But at least I wouldn't have to worry about hotels or anything. Just money for a plane ticket and some money to spend, which I don't think I'd need much of.

HL: Spent the day out with my dad.

03.10.2012, 07:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

My mom said it shouldn't be so hard to, but she had one of the highest averages all four years and majored in more than one area.. Actually, she might have had the highest possible, except in a few courses, like one she didn't want to take and had trouble with, and another where the professor wanted to fail her..

My friends on their trips around the world are making me jealous. TnT I really want to travel.. Someday, I keep telling myself, someday.. Get university over with and work overseas. I much more like the idea of living in a foreign country than just taking a trip there. XD But I'd like to visit at least my boyfriend's country while in school. :B I think the only thing I'd generally have to concerned about for paying would be plane tickets.

Wow congratulations! Great work in getting a scholarship! Have you considered going on university exchange? Universities (outgoing and incoming) usually have a lot of scholarships for it too. Maybe you could go on exchange to your boyfriends country?

03.11.2012, 12:09 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

Wow congratulations! Great work in getting a scholarship! Have you considered going on university exchange? Universities (outgoing and incoming) usually have a lot of scholarships for it too. Maybe you could go on exchange to your boyfriends country?

I can't to his country, they don't have his listed. D: If I were going to a different university, they'd have a lot more to offer. But they sometimes get new programs. The only universities you can have exchange to that never change are the ones in Japan and Germany, but they don't offer the major I'm taking or a summer course. :s

Plus you're required to pay for housing, meal plans, and transportation and airfare by yourself. I'm afraid I couldn't afford that for a year, alongside tuition. And my mom wouldn't support me in that decision.. so I'll just have to wait until I'm done school.

They've never mentioned scholarships for exchanges. o.o Only credits. There's a summer program for India, but that's the time I'm expected to work so I couldn't then either. >.<

03.11.2012, 08:26 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My university was going to be opened at 18th march. But now it is postponed .I am feeling very happy . Because i can stay at home for some more days and have fun with you guys.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.11.2012, 10:06 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I'm excited that when I go to uni, that the school year ends in April. X3 THAT'S TWO MONTHS EARLY. So I can work during that time~. I will try during school. :x But it might be difficult. Luckily those extra months will be real good for me. X3

Finished my stupid essay for the scholarship. OK, the scholarship isn't stupid, but the idea behind my essay was. -3- It made sense for three paragraphs, and then exploded into nothing. XD I.. don't really like essays. I had persuasive writing in general. I'm just not someone who has many opinions, only views. Or maybe I do and just don't know how to word it all.. I also don't believe in forcing my opinion on others, so being persuasive... just doesn't work.

However, persuading for work is a lot easier. XD Because I know how to pinpoint that.

03.11.2012, 08:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Done with my online history class!

LL: exams this week, speech, quizes, more studying to do >.< stressssssss

03.11.2012, 10:26 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Dad is... missing. Probably just the car having broken down or something, but he should have been home more than four hours ago and should have been at work two hours ago. And there's been no word; left his phone at home... Things are probably fine but it's worrying nonetheless.

My Anime List

03.12.2012, 11:58 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's bad... any more news Kaz?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2012, 12:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, the police and hospital don't have anything, no accidents/admittances. My mum and a friend are just going round the places he was meant to go to in town this morning to see if he's been seen.

My Anime List

03.12.2012, 12:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He is in our prayers. May your father be found safe and sound.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.12.2012, 01:01 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow *hugs Kaz* I hope you find him soon and all is well. Keep us updated.

03.12.2012, 01:18 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  430  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks