QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What does jetlag feel like? I've been so exhausted and I don't understand. It might just be a combination of things, but literally I can't wake up or move.

08.26.2015, 10:47 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF
A lot depends on how many time zones you have passed through and how quickly... Say in the States, you go from one coast to the other, there will be some disorientation in your sleep mode or schedule but not a lot. If you have traveled mainly north to south, there will not be any change in your sleep schedule, really.

Like when I traveled from Los Angeles, Calif to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 16 hrs flight time with a 5 hr layover in Heathrow, about all I could do the first day in Jeddah was sleep. Why? Because by the time I landed in Jeddah, it was almost my bedtime in Calif and it took me a couple of days ro acclimate to the new daytime/night in Jeddah.

08.26.2015, 04:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well it would feel something like that yeah. Like suddenly having to work night shift after years of day-only shift.

Going to Boston was okay for me because I slept at 3am prior to flight day, about an hour en route to London, and about 3-4hrs at the start of the flight to Boston (slept like a log, didn't keep track), so by the time I touched down and settled down at my host's home, I was ready for sleep again.

Flight home though, didnt go so well. Was out with my friends the whole day, and the flight to London was only 5 hours so no time for a long sleep. I was literally drifting in and out on the way to Baker St, and though I got a few hours back to Singapore, I was still dog tired. Slept at ten last night, woke up at 1pm with one helluva hangover.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.27.2015, 11:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm back! If only for a little while. Sorry I haven't been around, my mom took our family IPad on a business trip, and navigating the tavern on my phone is obnoxious. So, I'll try to be here when I can.

HL: I got callbacks for my school's creative writing team! Yay!
LL: Realizing that Kara No Kyoukai's Blu-Ray box set is $850. *Sigh* Money I don't have.

09.08.2015, 06:51 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
LL: Realizing that Kara No Kyoukai's Blu-Ray box set is $850. *Sigh* Money I don't have.

That sounds incredulous. Especially so since its in usd. Is that like a special boxset with bonus stuff or just discs? Because the latter sounds like a ripoff.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.08.2015, 11:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. It's Blu-ray, but the dvd's aren't much cheaper.
2. It comes with a really cool art book, but no dvd extras, and it doesn't even have the 8th movie with it.
3. It's Aniplex and it's out of print. So, I guess an $873 price is too be expected.

Normally, I oppose buying bootlegs because the real discs always look and work better, but I'm gonna have to buy one for KnK because 850 dollars is something I don't have.

09.08.2015, 06:06 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I would oppose paying $800 for anything that isn't either solid gold or encrusted with diamonds.

Why yes, I am becoming a bigger miser than Scrooge. :')

My Anime List

09.08.2015, 07:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Too much work to do. Guy tried to cheat on his gf with me... did not know he had a gf at the time... and then after I found out, he wanted to be friends... seriously what is wrong with people. Oh, and I don't want summer to end. Also, need to find a job.

There's a highlight somewhere. Just not today ;_;

09.10.2015, 09:18 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Some guys like to have "backups". Which I really don't get why.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.11.2015, 12:24 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

fen:
I have never told anybody abt this before... I was so ashamed and pissed off...

But something similar happened to me once while I was stationed in Japan...

I met a Japanese woman in a bar and spent the night with her at her apartment. The next morning I found out that she was married... To a US Sailor...

I unknowingly helped her cheat on her husband, I immediately left and felt so bad about the incident... I felt like trash and it took a while to get over it....

09.11.2015, 01:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*hugs Husky*

I'm sorry =( definitely feel your pain. It's not on you or me but it still feels so gross. I met him while travelling this summer and was still getting over a breakup of sorts, so nothing actually happened despite his efforts... but I was attracted to him at the time and ugh, that is awful.

09.11.2015, 02:32 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The world has some horrible people in it *sigh*

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.11.2015, 04:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you fen and Saddles...

09.11.2015, 09:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: nice new boots. :3

LL: wireless keyboard broke. Ah well, new one coming tomorrow and it only cost a few pounds since I had some money left from a gift card.

My Anime List

09.11.2015, 11:14 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: all the clothes I bought today were too big. This is why you try things on. Why must I be so small?? I'm not even that small. I'm like 5' 9''. Also, mens shirts are stupid. Rather than showing size by the circumference in inches of the collar, can we not just have S, M, L... like everything else? That would be nice. Though at this rate it looks like I'll be needing an XXS or something. Bah. -__-

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.14.2015, 07:47 AM.

09.14.2015, 07:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Kaz quote:
"Rather than showing size by the circumference in inches of the collar, can we not just have S, M, L... like everything else?"

Something that I've ranted about for decades...

09.14.2015, 10:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I've only ever got shirts by trying them on. I don't understand the sizing otherwise so it's all I can do! Things that come in S, M, L, etc are much easier, though I do appreciate that trousers at least are more specific.

09.14.2015, 11:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am pretty sure I've only ever bought men's clothes in the S, M, L, XL style of sizing for the last - ooh - 25 years? Maybe more? The only things still measured in inches I find are trousers and suit jackets. Proper dress shirts (such as you wear with suits) are the only ones I know of that use collar sizes.

I am 5' 7" Kaz, so to me you are tall! Unless you're quite slim I would not say you are small at all

Its one of those British anachronisms like our road signs in miles that menswear and women's wear (e.g bras) are measured in inches when as far as I'm aware our children are taught only metric measures in schools these days.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.14.2015, 02:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Aww my brother is like 5'10 but he's very slim, like 28" waist so it's always a struggle to find pants that fit right. But then when you DO find them it's like so much accomplishment xD

Yeah, always try stuff on though.

09.14.2015, 02:32 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My boyfriend is so tiny, his waist is smaller than 28" and even finding pants he likes at 28" is really hard. He wears his clothes forever, but finding pants is always a task.

I'm so stressed, so tired. Classes just began and I keep internally panicking. My loan hasn't come through yet.. Need to apply for graduation.. also I can apply for JET soon..

I know a few others now applying this fall as well.

09.14.2015, 04:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks