QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  444  445  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, MUSH!!!!!

06.22.2012, 04:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
It is with sadness that I announce that our member named mushka is no longer with us...

Does that mean what I think it means? Because if it does....

HL: Graduated. I got the most awesome graduation present from my boyfriend. Made me scream. A signed Korean CD.

LL: I just don't know how I'm gonna see him at university.. it hurts a lot to think about it. I'm really tired right now and am crying for whatever reason possible.

Honestly, I can't stop crying.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.22.2012, 12:35 PM.

06.22.2012, 12:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All it means, FFF, is that mushka is now Mush!!! And not the inanimate kind... lol

06.22.2012, 02:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
All it means, FFF, is that mushka is now Mush!!! And not the inanimate kind... lol

I realized soon after. lol My mind has been mush all day..

LL: Sick. Losing my voice. Fevered. Been in bed all day.

HHL: Realizing how valuable my relationship is to me. Not just because of this CD he gave me (this means so so so much to me... not as a material object but for the reasons he would have given it to me and tried so hard to obtain it). I almost hyperventilated a moment ago thinking about this CD and who has touched it.

One of their most popular songs has been my ringtone since I got my cell phone and our anniversary falls on one of the member's birthdays. lol

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.22.2012, 07:09 PM.

06.22.2012, 05:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank goodness losing your voice doesn't seem to affect your typing fingers... lol

06.23.2012, 03:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
My daughters made sushi & riceballsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7124/7425873716_962467c8dd_z.jpg" border=0>
100_2279 by mokiepoet, on Flickr[/IMG]

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

06.23.2012, 10:56 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

A little Wasabi and NOM NOM NOM!!! lol
=================================
LL:
sigh... no rest for the wicked or something like that...

went to bed after 3am, got a phone call from another security guard at abt 5:30 looking for a supervisors phone number, got up for about an hour, laid back down and some telemarketer jerk called about an hour after that, got back to sleepabout 8am...

Thenaround 10am my oldest son calls and says 'good morning, Dad, we'll be there in a few minutes............with some grandkids...............'

I'm tired!!! sigh...............

got up, straightened the house a bit (they were supposed to come tomorrow, the last I heard), called my son back and told him to bring coffee...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.23.2012, 02:46 PM.

06.23.2012, 12:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nana: Thanks ^^ And Welcome! I don't think I've said that to you, yet.
Mush: Nope. xP I'm pushing him towards other girls so I can be friends without feeling guilty >_< It's kinda hard when his feelings aren't of the casual sort. Sigh.
Husky: *hugs* you're totally right. I'm not forcing it. I'm just smacking myself for not liking a perfectly awesome guy xP

HL: SPAIN'S IN THE SEMIFINALS! And awesome fun after the game. Also going to one of my fav restaurants soon!

LL: Nada~

06.23.2012, 06:56 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Still sick, made my boyfriend's mother and one of the gentlemen worried I was going to be sick to my stomach today.

HL: Went to a multicultural event with my boyfriend. Apparently I'm getting better at understanding Tagalog to the point I can answer back in English without realizing they weren't speaking to me in English.. His sister said "Wow, you're good, how did you know what we were talking about?" "Huh? Wait, you weren't talking in English?".

Yet one of the wives of one of their friends still doesn't understand a lick of it. lol I guess I just pick up languages quicker (but I can't speak it, I just know what they're talking about).

Want to upgrade my phone to one so I can download stuff to try and learn some basic conversational words. My boyfriend has stopped speaking English to me at times and will repeat in Tagalog what he wants to say three times if I don't respond. D:

EDIT: My friends aren't talking to me... I guess it's only natural. They still want to be my friend, but I'm moving away.. None of us really go out of our way to contact each other. Guess this is just how it will be.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.24.2012, 10:05 AM.

06.23.2012, 08:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks husky51 and fenkashi ^^

HL: My grandmother and aunts came here for the weekend, we lunched in a very good and beautiful ranch (I guess it is the right word).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, these sushis look so delicious, even more with a little of wasabi :3
foreignfilmfreak, hope you get better soon n_n

06.24.2012, 03:56 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Went shopping.

LL: Was supposed to see a movie with my boyfriend, but his friends kinda messed up everything. Eventually he said they didn't want to go to the movies and so I said "OK" then after they decided to go back and watch it. I was upset already at that time, and told him I wasn't going anymore so he wouldn't let them go.

Now he's yelling at me almost... I know he gets fed up with how everyone treats him, I just wish he could have told me "we can't go together today" and just left it at that.. Instead of being the one he starts yelling at.

06.24.2012, 07:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm so damn tired :/

Suppose my highlight is my parents coming to visit, they are pretty old and they live on the other side of the country so i rarely see them... Can't think of anything else

06.24.2012, 10:18 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Planning a date for this week. Also start work this week.

My boss feels bad for not giving me a whole lot of hours, but we're OK with that this time. Even a little bit is better than none.

Don't know what I should wear yet.

06.25.2012, 04:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Been having an awesome RP with someone on Reign of Blood over the last couple of days. I love the way they write and I love their character. It's times like these that make it worth it.

LL: Work was kind of horrible, the flies were so bad today.

My Anime List

06.25.2012, 04:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Well, I just had my hopes and dreams crushed in one email.

I hate my life.

06.25.2012, 09:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I hate my life.

I know the feeling.

But you got a reply. It feels even worse to wait forever and not get anything at all.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.25.2012, 11:47 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I hate my life.

I feel bad for you, FFF and it is none of my business what the email was about, but all I can say is hang in there, friend of mine. For what it is worth, we here in the Tavern love ya and hope for the best. I realize that life seems to suck for you right now, but from my own life experience, when crap happens, as it may, other paths seem to open up. It may not be apparent at first, but it usually works out that way. Don't feel that you're at a dead end... Give it a bit of time to smooth out before you do anything...

BIG HUGS!!!

06.26.2012, 03:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, guys. Actually, it's nothing hugely major, but it's major to me; I got rejected from my residences I've been calmly waiting to hear back from. And guess what? This was two weeks ago they sent that message. TWO. No one contacted me in any other way and I am incredibly disappointed when I'm supposed to hear back from them this week or next.

They also forward all of their messages to my mother, and never did this time. They just asked me for other choices. I started crying because now it'll probably be too late. I don't know what my living situation will be like.. I paid my fees and filled out the application so long ago, about the first or second week it became available, so I cannot express how upset I am over this. I've been so busy, I don't always check that email, and at that time it was sent I was so upset over losing my dog...

HL: My friend goes there for summer camps and told me about some more residences to try and make me feel better. There is one more I really like that I hope I can get a room in. Fingers crossed.

LL: Now I'm terrified of checking my email for a response; we sent two. But I can't sleep until this is resolved. I know absolutely no one there, and my close friend can't go till next year and feels like crap since she can't go this year with me so we could live together. I told her it's OK. She doesn't understand why it turned out this way either.

Anyhow, someone fluffed up somewhere.. I was sure I'd get into my third choice. Sure. Dead sure. I'm so confused as to why not. I really don't want to room with a boy or live in the athletic dorms... I already paid too, long before many others did.

Thankfully I'm registered for all of my classes and whatnot and fully accepted. I'm sure someone there will try and work it out for me. I wish the acceptance woman was in charge of everyone. XD She's so... fluffy and rainbowy. Honestly, she's the reason so many people decide to go because she's personal and is so extremely nice and sugary... she'll give you tooth aches.

HHHL: SHE GOT ME INTO THE ONE I WANTED. fjrhgjghsjghg I apologized to her and kept thanking her. Although I don't think she imagined I would spring onto the email this early in the morning or right after she sent it.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.26.2012, 08:11 AM.

06.26.2012, 06:22 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw I'm glad things resolve itself FFF! Organising uni/college is extremely scary and complicated - I'm really worried about getting into my choices too.

06.26.2012, 09:15 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Aw I'm glad things resolve itself FFF! Organising uni/college is extremely scary and complicated - I'm really worried about getting into my choices too.

I'm lucky my uni is so small, so it's easy to find the person to be in contact with, or be directed to them. haha I thanked her and apologized, saying I was just very worried it would be too late. But she got me in, so that's all that matters.

One of the dorms I applied for wasn't opening this year, but no one told me that. :B

06.26.2012, 09:17 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  444  445  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks