QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  430  431  432  433  434  435  436  437  438  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay for you, Kaz!

And husky, it's over schoolwork. :s hehe and graduation. I'm really numb about graduating. I just want to leave this school and go somewhere I feel will be the best for me.

HL: I realized I haven't joined a lot or worked a lot during high school, but I hope in university that can be reversed. I hope to join a club or two, and to hopefully find a job or prospective jobs for my second year. It's gonna be hard without a car, but y'know, some place just might be willing to hire me. I hope so, I really do..

I still haven't found a job for the summer, and not many positions are open here.. but I'll try.

I hope I can do well in university. I need to. I also hope that my boyfriend will be OK without seeing me often. We can use skype though. Even if I'm studying and we just do a call of there, being silent is all we need. At least we'd be connected, and then I wouldn't disturb my roommate.

I'm excited for next month to find out my residence and roommate. I feel like the only one in my grade who feels fine with living with a stranger. Because you won't be strangers, you'll be friends. That's what my university stresses to first years who are worried. It'd be nice if they may possibly be in the same courses as me a little bit, or buildings. Oh oh! Or a music or biology student! Or an exchange student.

05.08.2012, 04:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
So happy I could die.

Yaaaaah! That's awesome! Congratulations to them on being so cool.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.08.2012, 06:01 PM.

05.08.2012, 06:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*huggles Kaz*

I'm so happy for you!!! It's good to know that things do work out every now and then. xD Kudos to awesome parents. ^^

05.08.2012, 06:11 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congrats Kaz

05.08.2012, 06:23 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks so much, everyone. You guys are brilliant. <3

HL: Well, now that I'm 'out' at home I went ahead and bought a chest binder. Be a while getting here since it's from America but that's something to look forward to now.

LL: Eh, work tomorrow.

My Anime List

05.08.2012, 07:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Got my essay to finish tonight! Need to do it, need to do it..

Also need to apply to work places. hehe

LL: I think... I'm getting bullied a little.

Most of my friends hang out with a guy who absolutely hates me. He's treated me like crap since a few years ago. When we were younger he would tell me to go die and that no one would miss me.

He always tells my best friend how much of a b*tch she is and says it around me. Then he looks at me like I'm a tattle tale. I just get scared because he makes me feel like he might beat me up, although he hasn't tried to. He kept telling me he hated me today and that I have a big mouth.

One of my friends who I'll be living with next year is friends with him. I got scared and asked if he would ever visit us and she told me she's cutting contact with him when she moves. She knows I don't like him speaking badly about my friend and how he treats me. She doesn't know why he acts like he hates me so much, because I haven't done anything. It's like my existence pees him off.

05.09.2012, 04:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He probably sees your fear and feeds on it. It makes him feel like he's a BIG man. Make sure that others, other than your friend know about how he affects you and what he says. He has no right to do this to you. He gets a cheap thrill out of intimidating people.

I wish that I could give advice on how to handle this and put him in his place, but I'm not there and don't know all the paramiters of the situation. I could say, 'stand up to him when others are around', but if you got hurt, I would feel to blame.

Be thankful that you won't be around him much longer...

My thoughts are with you...

05.09.2012, 05:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, I just want to leave this school...

The only nice thing is the teachers, and the younger kids are complete brats to them. It's awful. A lot of the teachers even seem scared of them.

I've never felt very liked by people in my school. I mean, there's a lot who seem to, but it makes me wonder how many do. A lot just think I'm sketchy or on drugs, but I've never really understood... why. Whenever someone says that it really hurts my feelings.

HL: Trying to encourage people not to commit suicide due to one of my favourite teacher's classes.

LL: Those people when you talk about the holocaust or anything get majorly upset and say "it's over! people died, so what?!". Seriously? Are you guys effing idiots?

I swear, I'm going to strangle one of them some day... They mention the many millions who died under certain leaders and say these victims played the sympathy card too much. What happened in all these cases is terrible. But saying "it's over, so what?"? Yeah, that's even more terrible.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 05.09.2012, 09:03 PM.

05.09.2012, 07:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The powers that be knew mothers day is coming up and gave me a early present!-- Both the little one took a nap today (at the same time) long enough for me to watch a movie that I wanted to see and I got to drink a whole pot of Earl Grey tea by myself. So, yeah, happy day.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

05.11.2012, 04:42 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Funny thing happened yesterday.

I was preparing for my last term paper (like t-minus 5 mins) when my phone rang. It was the local TV broadcaster, with info on my Ninja Warrior timing and date.

I was like, "Dude, I'm trying to calm down before an exam and this comes up and made me all excited."

Fortunately I didn't do too badly (quite well, actually), but talk about wrong timing!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.11.2012, 11:20 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

good for you, Roar....

05.12.2012, 11:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kaze...

Read a column in my local paper that mentioned an organization that you might know about...PFLAG...

The column was about a 48 YO who 'came out', so to speak and who's parents were with her...

05.13.2012, 03:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, Kaz, you're a part of something to help you, like a community, right? o: My friend who went through surgery and everything told me it would be greatly beneficial.

I feel so happy for what she is accomplishing now. :3 She's able to move away from the community she hated for hating her life choices, is able to get a job through an organization she's a part of with helping people, finish college, and possibly be able to travel around the world for her work. ^^ She's lived a sad life, without many who loved her. I've known her since before the surgery, so it makes me so happy she's happy. Now if only a guy could love her and be nice to her, unlike the others.

HL: I feel thankful for my innocence today. To not have had alcohol yet or drugs or anything else. I'm someone who is always happy and doesn't believe in using something to escape reality, except writing. I was thinking about the majority of teen novels these days and their focus on relating to girls through sex and drugs and stuff. It's disgusting to me they need to do this to relate.

As someone who wants to write for young adults, it would bother me greatly having to put all of these elements in just to relate. But my stories have a flair that attracts people, and they find little things to relate to- the "me" in the story. I just hope that people will like my work someday.. And as someone who wants to be an editor, that I will be in charge of what is and shouldn't be published.

So, an editor, a teacher, a writer, a housewife... it'll be quite interesting what becomes of my life being one of the only ones in my family who doesn't want to stick to one career all my life in fear of losing that stability. It bugs my boyfriend a bit since he wants to marry when we both settle with one career option, but he knows I can't do that. I want to experience as many of the jobs I'd like to have as possible to be happy.

05.13.2012, 05:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No highlight today.

Lowlight: its been a bad day.

05.13.2012, 06:16 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WeirdLight: I'm my boyfriend's 13th girlfriend. o.o

He decided to talk about his old girlfriends today.

05.13.2012, 07:36 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't been on here for ages people have properly forgotten me.

HL: well I talked to the student exhchange advisor recently about spending my whole second year in my degree in Europe. It seems more attainable then I first thought which is great!! I'm really keen to spend a year in the UK studying. I reckon it would blow my mind, it definetely helps to motivate my studies.
soo keen but that won't be till 2014 if i'm picked..

I'm also checking flight prices for another potential trip to japan if all goes to plan.

Í'm currently trying to shake the flu off. but because I didn't spend the weekend being social I ended up working on my series of works which hopefully i'll be able to exhibit!!

LL: still have the flu but life is going well.

Hope your all dapper

Thom

05.13.2012, 11:02 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Farren.... Farren??? Now where have I heard that name before...

OH yeah, that rat from Aussieland who gets to go and visit THE museum and I can't.... GRRrrrrrrrrr!!!

lol

I'd ask how's life, but you pretty much told us already, didn't ya... lol

Good luck on the Exchange thingy and get rid of the flu, eh...

Later...

05.14.2012, 03:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Why must it be that these people like to say everyone from the Americas are American? I don't see myself with that title, and neither does anyone else here in Canada.

It just makes me mad in a way. I don't like to be associated with America. I'm from my own country, not there. We are not the same as the USA. I don't hate Americans, I just hate being classified as one when I'm not. Gaah... North American, sure, but not American.

Some people are protesting the fact homosexuality is being taught in school here too and saying how god is against it. Silly. My mom is a teacher and is only against it being taught in elementary school, because kids don't see it as bad at that age. I don't get why people have to be so against it.

05.14.2012, 11:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Yay, no work for two days....

LL:
I'm working in an area near Palm Springs that is desert mixed with high winds that blow almost constantly with a lot of shifting, blowing sand... I have to move my van every few hours or the wheels might get bogged down...

WHOA!!!
unsurelight:
The boss just called me and said that this job is supposed to last for a year or so!!!! I told him that I'll go it for a while and see... At least I'll be able to afford to get my truck fixed...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.14.2012, 01:59 PM.

05.14.2012, 12:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
@Kaze...

Read a column in my local paper that mentioned an organization that you might know about...PFLAG...

The column was about a 48 YO who 'came out', so to speak and who's parents were with her...
I have heard of them, yes. Not much more than that, though. I should look them up. Nice to see something like that covered, though I always find it kind of sad when people come out like that so late in life.

quote:
Oh, Kaz, you're a part of something to help you, like a community, right? o: My friend who went through surgery and everything told me it would be greatly beneficial.

I feel so happy for what she is accomplishing now. :3 She's able to move away from the community she hated for hating her life choices, is able to get a job through an organization she's a part of with helping people, finish college, and possibly be able to travel around the world for her work. ^^ She's lived a sad life, without many who loved her. I've known her since before the surgery, so it makes me so happy she's happy. Now if only a guy could love her and be nice to her, unlike the others.
No, I'm not part of anything like that. I'd like to be... I don't really know what's available around here. I know there's a small support group in my area, but that aside, I don't really know. I've been thinking of going to my local LGBT centre to get some advice on something like that.

It's really great that your friend has found a happier life, now. I imagine the surgery will have given her a huge lease of life. Hopefully the future will have plenty of good things for her and that she finds someone who will accept her and love her as she is. Well, you know what they say. Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

My Anime List

05.14.2012, 03:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  430  431  432  433  434  435  436  437  438  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks