QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  449  450  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am sorry

But why are you blaming me.Blame media. It is because of the media that we find them offensive.I up to the age of 14 did not find them offensive.

and if we only consider the real meaning they are not offensive at all.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.13.2012, 12:55 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hahaha. Saviour, you really can't resist stirring up a controversy, can you?

Well, to be honest I'm on Saviour's side on this one. May as well take back the language, right? I'd say the majority of those are not dirty words, unless used purposely in context. Although for the sake of avoiding offense in a family-oriented forum (or polite conversation), it's probably better to avoid using them if at any point the meaning is ambiguous. And those words would probably only be found together in one sentence in not-family-friendly literature, so it's easy to see why they'd be seen as offensive when all put together like that.

Well, anyway, it's not really a conversation fit for the "highlight of the day" thread.

HL: Survived the week, taking the day off tomorrow. Feeling a bit more capable at work.

LL: Lots of pressure. I can kind of feel an anxiety spiral coming on.

Post last edited by Mush on 07.13.2012, 01:09 AM.

07.13.2012, 01:08 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
Well, anyway, it's not really a conversation fit for the "highlight of the day" thread.

I agree.
those were not suitable here. But i can also enlist several thousand word that has more ambiguity than those words but we use them day to day conversation cause they have not been used by the media like that.

So conclusion:we are actually human looking robots programmed by media.What media tells us to do we do otherwise we dont.

And some recent things made me post those. More importantly those were my lowlight of the day.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.13.2012, 03:05 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Weekend!

LL: Discovering the HL of the day thread has been invaded by unnecessary debate! Please take it elsewhere.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.13.2012, 08:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
going to GAMBLE today at the Bingo hall over on the Res...

LL:
low expectations of winning anything...

HL:
high expectations of enjoyable company, regardless...

07.13.2012, 01:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
LL: Discovering the HL of the day thread has been invaded by unnecessary debate! Please take it elsewhere.

Sorry!

HL: So beautiful and sunny outside!

07.13.2012, 02:01 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: um, had a fun week.

LL: work. *hits wall with head repeatedly*

07.13.2012, 02:18 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Going to travel tomorrow, first time to another country *-* I can't wait!

LL: My arm hurts a lot because of a vaccine :/

07.13.2012, 02:34 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What other country???

Hoing that you enjoy your trip, Nana

07.13.2012, 02:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Argentina, to the capital of there. And I have never visited the capital of my country xD
Thanks a lot, husky51 ^_^

07.13.2012, 02:42 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Had an extremely fun night out last night.

LL: Personally I would like to thank the media for supplying me with such fantastic expletives - otherwise I would fail in describing my ex's current behaviour with accuracy.

07.13.2012, 04:41 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
otherwise I would fail in describing my ex's current behaviour with accuracy.
You're getting over the break up okay then?

(pssst... BTW, it wasn't the media. These words have been created in a fluid kind of way by society as a whole long before we had TV and radio and movies...)

HL: Happy people on the forum cheer me up

LL: Mush thought I was blaming her. I hate to be misunderstood.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.13.2012, 04:59 PM.

07.13.2012, 04:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Wondering if I should go visit my boyfriend's family in two years or three.. My passport runs out in three, and I have to get it renewed within six months of it about to run out. It'll run out a month before I could go. I'd have to get it done in the summer since I won't have any time during university to get it. Also I need an ID finally... Depends when and if I can get a job of course.

Which I really really need when I'm away. I need something. o.e I want friends too. Like, just a couple.. I hope I can find friends. Not ones that'll just leave me behind when convenient.

LL: Mom is stressed out to the max over life matters and I don't know how to make her feel better. I know everything will resolve, but money is tight..

07.13.2012, 06:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i made hot chocolate today. When the milk was in the mug and the chocolate was added i decided to put marshmallows in it, because yummyness. To melt the marshmallows, i put the mug in the microwave, but the milk started boiling and the melted marshmallows oozed out over the rim of the mug and all down the sides of it... The highlight of my day was cleaning the sides of that mug with my tongue.

i need to get out more.

07.13.2012, 09:55 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I just found out my boyfriend originally wasn't going to pursue me because I thought part of his traditions in courting and stuff was weird. D:

Kinda makes me feel like crap that way, especially when by weird I just meant it makes me uncomfortable, and I explained that. We were talking about serenading for birthdays and stuff. XD At dawn. I was like "OK, I don't want that". But he took it wrong..

The things he gets upset about often confuse the heck out of me. D: But I do love him, so.. meh. He was upset too since he has to walk up in three hours to go sing to his mom's friend.

07.13.2012, 11:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
i made hot chocolate today. When the milk was in the mug and the chocolate was added i decided to put marshmallows in it, because yummyness. To melt the marshmallows, i put the mug in the microwave, but the milk started boiling and the melted marshmallows oozed out over the rim of the mug and all down the sides of it... The highlight of my day was cleaning the sides of that mug with my tongue.

Hopefully after it had cooled down.... Yes???

07.14.2012, 01:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

No worries Saddles! I was pretty sure you weren't referring to me, but I felt guilty anyway because you were right.

HL of today (even moreso than my previous highlight): Saw Spiderman! It was good! I think Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker did a better job of growing up and learning from his mistakes, and felt like more of a hero. But Andrew Garfield did a good job of portraying the raw emotion, vulnerability, and overconfidence of a hurt teenager.

Anyway, it was really good!

07.14.2012, 02:03 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Sigh, didn't win at bingo tonight....

07.14.2012, 02:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george

i need to get out more.

With that kind of highlight, no you don't

LL: Woke up at 10:30 to see an sms from my friends calling for a meetup for the group assignment... at 11 Reached on-location forty minutes late, but only the group leader was there Heavy rain delayed the other two members, who arrived after two went home in the evening planning to run two miles, but now having a giddy spell, after-effects from this morning

HL: Sharing this with you Oh wait, wrong smiley

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.14.2012, 11:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

If you haven't already done so, go to bed and get some rest...

07.14.2012, 01:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  449  450  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks