QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  449  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She does have a grandpa like me...ME! lol

And she loves her grandpa and the rest of the family...

She is A.'s daughter, A. is my dau-in-law, therefore, she is my grandaughter... see, simple... lol

07.08.2012, 05:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, Husky. I know someone going through exactly the same situation. :/

She has BPD and is on well fare because she is unable to work (incredibly smart woman, but had a mental breakdown in her last year of university because of her BPD and was made to drop out). Married a creep who wanted her only for the money she was being given, because she didn't think any other guy could love her. At this point, she already had a baby by someone else. Our mothers have been trying to separate them because of so many problems. She got pregnant and had his child. Now she wants to divorce him and he's a conniving little creep trying to win custody of the children.

Except in her case, it's already made out by the court and police that she'll win, because he's well known to them..

HL: Home. Didn't really enjoy the concert at all. Got mud all over my dress.

Apparently the boyfriend is going back to visit family... in September. He never told me! I hate always being last to know these things. But he really wants to go back during my Christmas break, which upset me more, stupidly. I don't know, I might only see him once a month or less, and I really wanted to be able to see him over my break. It makes me selfish, but hey.. We'll be separated by a 12 hour time difference either during our anniversary and me away at school, or me back home for awhile. Geh.

And when we dropped him back home today, he didn't hug me or say goodbye. :/ His friends were over and he seemed more excited to get inside and see them than to say goodbye to me. My mom kind of noticed because he flagged us down after to join them and she declined.

07.08.2012, 06:14 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I guess there's one in every family. Thanks for taking time time write the explanation though, it's a lot easier to get through random full stops than the previous encounter.

Kinda hard to understand A's line of thought though, why marry just because you think no one else will? I guess depression and loneliness can drive one to do that, but still...

But I'm crossing the line here. It's not my place to question those I don't even know, much less those whose situation I know naught.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.09.2012, 01:03 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
1.I guess there's one in every family.

----------------------------------------

2. I
guess depression and
loneliness can drive one to
do that, but still... But I'm crossing the line here. It's not my place to question those I don't even know, much less those whose situation I know naught.

1.yes , there is one in almost every family(my cousin has been a worst victim of it.)

2. i think the guys like us; who thinks a little bit too logically, likes to measure things by reasoning; does this thing most often. I almost all the time do this.
the problem with us is we think everybody do things by thinking. but they do not . so they often take wrong decisions without giving a single thought and mess up their life. It is even more problematic that they do not like to be criticised( i mean trying to make them understand their fault so they should not do it again). So they think us arrogant that we think ourselves superior than them. that just wrong i was just trying to help.

H.L. today[9.7.12] i have been to the revolving(rotating) restaurent and had chineese with my friends have done a lot of fun. and took a lot of pictures. a bit pricey but worth the fun. we could see the whole city from.then went to the top floor. the wind almost blown me away. it was just freaking awesome. then had been at the theme park and after being enough tired returned to hostel. planning to go to beach next friday inshallah(money factor).you know the longest sea beach in the world is in my country . there is another one smaller to. will go to the smaller one.

hey!! i invite you all to visit my country. you can stay at my house(not big enough but we can manage) and i can be your personal guide(free of charge.ofcourse). think about it.
my country is in the 1 position in lonely planet mag. for cheapest travel expenses.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.09.2012, 03:04 PM.

07.09.2012, 02:59 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roar...

"Kinda hard to understand A's line of thought though, why marry just because you think no one else will? "

It wasn't A. who thought that... It was a woman from FFF's post.
====================================

HL:
finally got around to fixing the leaking taps in my shower...

YAYNESS...

07.09.2012, 06:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I got a job at a warehouse...

LL: Waited over 4 hrs at the clinic for a physical/drug test for the job..
Slept for 2 hours since yesterday.
working 10pm-6am.. only shift that fits my class schedule.. blehh

07.09.2012, 08:31 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: It's nice weather but no one wanted to be with me today.. fuu..

LL: I'm feeling lonely since my friends aren't talking to me or responding to me. Henh. One told me she might be moving away to live with her sister.

I tried to make plans with her, but she didn't follow up and I haven't heard from her in awhile either now. Oh well... guess I'll just have to get used to being alone again like before.

07.09.2012, 09:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
It wasn't A. who thought that... It was a woman from FFF's post.

I'll be in the naughty corner... sorry...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.09.2012, 10:53 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Getting ready for semester 2, KEEN!!

07.09.2012, 11:35 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Where the h*** is this naughty corner. sounds like so much fun... a number of fun people, it seems...

lol

===========================
@jusomekid...
hang in there, buddy...
been there. done that. It is rough, to be sure, but it usually pays off in the end...

I was pulling 12 units and working 50-70 hours a week... plus raising my family... this was in the mid-70's...
============================
@Farren...
Good luck, my friend...

===========================
topic
LL:
didn't win at Bingo
HL:
had fun anyway...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.10.2012, 02:13 AM.

07.10.2012, 02:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Hmm, it's fun when people ask me where I get the stuff I own. Even random strangers come up and ask me from time to time or ask people I know. O:

I own a lot of unusual and unique things. XD My clothes mostly all come from one store (it's Canadian, and the clothes are comfortable, interesting and extremely cheap. I don't buy anything there full price because it just goes down 50% a little while later, and the store's ambiance is awesome). If not, they're either cheap dresses I find or from online and/or handmade. I pay the extra tidbit for handmade items, like a couple dresses from Thailand. And it was sooo worth it. (these dresses are to die for.. they make me drool)

Now I have a perfect purse and parasol to wear with a kimono, if I can find one that is either yellow or forest green. Both are kinda hard to come by... :'(

07.11.2012, 11:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey guys i have almost finished my post on women's equality

topic is women's logic

which is a obvious point in the disscussion but i was thinking that the topic has eligibility for being a thread now should i post it there or make a new thread.

i will wait for your answers till tomorrow then i will make a decision.
it is confusing.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.11.2012, 02:51 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

... well... I'm sure that will spark debate, to put it politely.

HL: Stayed over at a good friend's place last night. I love him, in a friend way, and I freakin' love his family. They are just the coolest people. Came out to them and they were awesome, they all call me my new name now and everything.

LL: Had an argument with dad, but it's all good now.

My Anime List

07.11.2012, 04:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
We had another fire on the mountain about 5 miles South of me and it was contained after only 45 acres were burned. I feel bad for the firefighters. The temp without the heat of the fire is 109F/43C degrees... That is rough. I'm just sitting in my frontroom woth the overhead fan on. Started up the motorcycle this morning and probably go for a ride wither this evening or in the morning whrn the ambient air temp is cooler...

07.11.2012, 05:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Looking into other provinces to possibly live in someday for a little while. o.o

I don't really know what the cities are like in other parts of Canada, as I've never been to them. My boyfriend knows more about them than me.. DX Darn country life sometimes.. Most of my friends lived in big cities before moving here.

Boyfriend is really interested in Montreal. Neither of us speak French though. But he wants to learn French and I might take it up again.. if we ever thought to move there seriously. I dunno..

07.11.2012, 10:14 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
... well... I'm sure that will spark debate, to put it politely.

i know but i think that is one of the reason(if it is valid cause i find it quite wrong) for the problems of women . so it needs to be discussed.

07.11.2012, 10:34 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Today is one of the worst day of mine.

LL1: Sigh..... just thinking what media has done to our mind. Today words like hardcore,pussy(cat),cock(rooster),naughty,dirty,nasty,cum(see here). I can give a thousand more. These words have been used so much in the media that their original meaning is almost completely forgotten by us. alas! how ! sick minds we have.

LL2: as said earlier i messed up in my math test.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.12.2012, 09:05 AM.

07.12.2012, 09:03 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And as such, we don't really need those words dragged in here, thanks.

HL: Oh, life's just good just now.

LL: It'll be an uneventful day.

My Anime List

07.12.2012, 09:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

saviour, as a family oriented forum, some of those words are not appropriate and I find them offensive. They are not words that I would use in conversation with anyone else.

These are my opinions and are NOT up for discussion...

topic:
LL:
It is hot AND muggy here today... possible thunderstorm coming in and a lot of humidity.
Hot and dry is one thing, hot and MUGGY is quite another...

yuck!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.12.2012, 05:09 PM.

07.12.2012, 05:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
It is hot AND muggy here today... possible thunderstorm coming in and a lot of humidity.
Hot and dry is one thing, hot and MUGGY is quite another...

yuck!!!

Hows the heatwave treating you?
Feel free to share some of it.... Its like, 11 degrees here, and this is meant to be the hottest month of the year

07.12.2012, 10:46 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  449  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks