QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  439  440  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  ...    »  ]
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Registered for fall semester...

LL: Still looking for a job..
Class schedule was limited.. so i have 2-3 hr gaps between classes bleh.

07.02.2012, 01:27 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Went to a con, got a few Totoro related items and a number of stationary items to do with Arrietty and Poppy Hill. The vendor showed me all of the Poppy items, so thankful for that.

There was an Asian fellow I bought two kitty charms from. I'm pretty sure he sold me both half price and threw in crystal mud for free. He kept smiling at me after. XD My love of old Asian men.... I need help.

Spent some time swimming and having fun. So nice. Might see a concert this weekend of some big name bands.

LL: I still don't know my work schedule and my boss hasn't called me or left a message.. eep. But I'm pretty sure it'll be the same two days as last week. So I'm OK with that, I just want him to call. If he doesn't by Wednesday, I'll have to get his number from somewhere.

07.02.2012, 07:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definitely the return of Saviour

07.02.2012, 09:47 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, this means the forums I'm on are all gonna be crazy for a month. There will be wreaking of havoc here and on the other everyone of the mods went crazy in one thread and started a tangent on sparkle gifs...

Save me.

07.02.2012, 10:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
The vendor showed me all of the Poppy items, so thankful for that.
Images of opium fills my head, my dear. Please.

LL: Bad English. When you are CC'ed emails where your boss uses an ambiguous negative, and a colleague replies with a negative followed by ambiguity.

quote:
Colleague to me: Can you pls post the participants by category (alphabetical order) on the website.

Boss: Can we don't do this already?

Colleaue: No it says COMING SOON...... for now.

For the love of god, someone explain what the hell this is supposed to mean

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.03.2012, 02:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

quote:
Colleague to me: Can you pls post the participants by category (alphabetical order) on the website.

Boss: Can we don't do this already?

Colleaue: No it says COMING SOON...... for now.

For the love of god, someone explain what the hell this is supposed to mean

LOL LOL LOL LOL

that is a mail.

i think the boss tried to say if the work was done already(probably, maybe .......not sure)( i think you understood that too).

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.03.2012, 04:19 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
The vendor showed me all of the Poppy items, so thankful for that.
Images of opium fills my head, my dear. Please.

Opium? XD OH. Oh.

Oops.

I meant Poppy Hill items. I couldn't remember the full name and still can't exactly. I didn't realize that. XD Anyhow, I now possess a mini Totoro plushie, a Totoro coin purse, Arrietty notebook, Arrietty pencil holder, Poppy Hill pencil case, Poppy Hill sticky notes (I think), and I think one more thing I can't remember.

07.03.2012, 09:07 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Finally, have an appointment at a transgender clinic... October third. Eight month waiting list they have for that. Jeez. Going to change my name before that, so that's exciting. I know the first name, last name's staying the same, I know what I want what to put in between those but I should probably run it by some other people, since it's slightly... outlandish. I love it, but... yeah.

Oh, and my friend bought me a ticket to a a Final Fantasy concert, as an early birthday present. His parents bought him one as an even earlier birthday present too, lol. It isn't 'til November but it's something to look forward to.

LL: None really.

My Anime List

07.03.2012, 02:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope the time flies by until then, Kaze...

07.03.2012, 02:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, the middle name isn't Kazuo is it?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.03.2012, 04:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha, no... I had thought about putting that in, actually, until the revelation that it's kind of in the first name, really. By strange coincidence. Kaz has been my nickname since I first got online... Just say it backwards and you've got the name I'm going to be legally taking quite soon. I didn't notice that connection until a while after I'd decided on it, it's weird. Maybe something subconscious was going on there.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.03.2012, 05:48 PM.

07.03.2012, 05:48 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The time will fly by. Good luck to you, Kaz. Happiness awaits you.

LL: I have to go and move into my university by my anniversary date... My boyfriend pointed it out to me when looking over my contract for residence. Gahh.

Still no call from work. I don't want to call, but I need to know..

Also, my mom got upset why my boyfriend took pictures with other girls and never me. It kind of irks me too, why he takes more pictures with friends than he would with me.. or why they never ask for me to be in the pictures. I'd like some with them or just him. The older ones like taking pictures of us both for some reason.

HL: Movies.

07.03.2012, 09:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Granma died.

07.04.2012, 10:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Granma died.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that.

07.04.2012, 11:41 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My deep and heartfelt condolences, Roar...

07.04.2012, 12:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I hope things get better for you, Roar. It's always hard.

HL: Well, since I have no fixed schedule for work and don't even know when I go in (I have no work this week) and as I can't get jobs easily where I live, I'm going to work on writing.

For the longest while now, I've thought and been told I'd do wonderful things. One of my teachers confessed he thought I could change the world someway. It's a hard path to follow, but he and others have told me that with such sincerity, I do honestly believe it, even more now that I know they think the same way. It never came as a surprise they thought that, only it gave me the thought "But when do I start to head down towards that path of greatness?"

Well, today I realized, "You idiot, you can start that right now. There's a reason for all of this, right? So just start and don't stop, even if you don't quite understand what you're meant to do yet."

It's when I think this that I really get the feeling I can reach the stars.

07.04.2012, 02:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm really sorry to hear that, Roar. I hope you're coping alright.

My Anime List

07.04.2012, 02:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm so sorry to hear that, Roar. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

07.04.2012, 02:55 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Granma died.

I know i cant condole you but hope everything will be alright (my granma died two years ago and i cried for two days)

i will pray for your granma in lailatul barat so that allah grants her jannat.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.04.2012, 05:24 PM.

07.04.2012, 05:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Actually, it's the same as when my grandfather died. I'm only sad for not feeling sad about the death.

It's not that I'm heartless. But I really do find it very hard to... to... hell, it's hard to even explain myself. Put simply, sadness is a feeling I can't really feel. At most I'd feel frustrated.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.04.2012, 10:22 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  439  440  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks