QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  430  431  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: He's back, and fine. Thank you all for the concern <3

My Anime List

03.12.2012, 01:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL;
so glad to hear that, Kaz... I've done the same thing at times to my own kids, didn't mean to, just happened...

03.12.2012, 03:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Phew* Good news Kaz, is he okay? Sounds rather strange.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2012, 04:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh good he's back, Kaz.

LL: I nearly failed my biology test... which is awful. I've been trying so hard to the point of breaking and that little screw up was enough to ruin a perfectly nice day. I don't know what to do. I've spent my entire time after getting home moping. My classmates didn't do very well either, but they all expected better marks from me...

I'd like to pass this course with at least an 85, so as long as I try harder, then it should be around that mark... it's just one test, but still... I can't afford to fail.

03.12.2012, 04:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad that i started looking at this now rather than earlier, happy your dad is ok kaz

HL: Starting to run again, been a while so im ridiculously unfit

LL: im wrecked in the extreme

Edit: Because iv edited all my other comments so far tonight and i don't want this one to feel left out

Post last edited by captain george on 03.12.2012, 07:53 PM.

03.12.2012, 07:39 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, everything was okay, more or less. He got caught up in an incident in town and had to stay at the police station for a few hours, and couldn't phone anyone.

LL: Missed the bus...

HL: Oh well. An impromptu day off never killed anyone.

My Anime List

03.14.2012, 06:22 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
My ordeal is almost over... prepping for my medical test, that is... 24 hours without eating and only drinking clear liquids...

LL:
going thru the test today... sigh.

03.14.2012, 09:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami He got caught up in an incident in town and had to stay at the police station for a few hours, and couldn't phone anyone.
Oh, for heaven's sake! What's wrong with our police force? Can't they even let a father phone his own family to say he's okay? Grrrr...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.14.2012, 01:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*hugs Kaz* I'm glad your dad is okay.

LL: My grandma fell and had to have a surgery... now she's going to be sick for months. And I can't even see her cause she's half way across the world.

And school and work are just taking over my life.

I need a highlight.

03.14.2012, 04:59 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Big Hugs to you, fen... I know the feeling. With my daughter and her family in the same situation. If anythng happens to either of us, half a world away sucks...

03.14.2012, 09:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ I hope everything turns out alright for you guys.

HL: stressful week over. time to rest.. mentally, physically, emotionally... then i'll be myself again : )

03.15.2012, 04:03 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Being ditched. And it was for my birthday...

03.17.2012, 04:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
LL: Being ditched. And it was for my birthday...

bummer, FFF... wha happened???

Big Hugs, chickee

03.17.2012, 07:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aw, thanks, Husky. Originally for my birthday I wanted to host a tea party and invite all of them to it. But one or so of my friends said they'd refuse to come if it was going to be like that. :/ So I changed it to a small party (might do a tea party with everyone when it comes time to move away, so that we can all get together).

But my close friend decided to ditch me because she went over to our friend's house and apparently that friend wanted her to stay another night. ._.

It just irks me because everyone always does that to me and I was hoping there would be someone to help me with my best friend who is terrified to death of pools (who agreed to come even though she is really scared..). It'll just be me, my mom, my best friend and my boyfriend going. :B But it's ok, we'll get Chinese food after.

HL: My other friend who doesn't have my number on her phone anymore thought I was her pregnant cousin. XD Oddly, her cousin and I share the same first name and birthday. hahaha

03.17.2012, 08:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Some family came over for mother's day and my brother brought his spaniel-bloodhound puppy. Super, super cute.

LL: Absolutely buried in work. Currently slogging through some coursework and I have two english essays I should be cracking on with also. Blah.

03.18.2012, 05:32 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Wow congratulations! Great work in getting a scholarship! Have you considered going on university exchange? Universities (outgoing and incoming) usually have a lot of scholarships for it too. Maybe you could go on exchange to your boyfriends country?

I can't to his country, they don't have his listed. D: If I were going to a different university, they'd have a lot more to offer. But they sometimes get new programs. The only universities you can have exchange to that never change are the ones in Japan and Germany, but they don't offer the major I'm taking or a summer course. :s

Plus you're required to pay for housing, meal plans, and transportation and airfare by yourself. I'm afraid I couldn't afford that for a year, alongside tuition. And my mom wouldn't support me in that decision.. so I'll just have to wait until I'm done school.

They've never mentioned scholarships for exchanges. o.o Only credits. There's a summer program for India, but that's the time I'm expected to work so I couldn't then either. >.<

Thats a shame. Yeah travelling is so expensive. I bet you two will find ways to meet up more though!

03.18.2012, 09:36 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Work is going well! For once my history teacher didn't just slam my first draft, so I think my determination to get things right this time has paid off.

LL: Feels like a long week ahead of me.

03.19.2012, 09:56 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Higlight: submitted my (hopefully!) last ever English Literature essay. I still have to do a few more things for the course, including the exam, but I feel like it's almost over now!

Post last edited by arren18 on 03.19.2012, 10:17 AM.

03.19.2012, 10:17 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I AM SO HAPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

My Porco Rosso DVD and Kokuriko CD came in earlier, but what really surprised me was that, included free, was an official ghibli colour pencil set!

Even labelled as NOT FOR SALE!

Pics will come later, since it's close to midnight (just got home from school), but it'll definitely be up!

And Kokuriko Hill is up for preorders!

Good day man, good day.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.19.2012, 11:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Seeing a bunch of Filipinas cram into one little car yesterday to drive down the road to their house. lol

It's almost my birthday! I just wish so many school assignments weren't being thrust onto me... TTnTT geh.. But at least I'm looking forward to university now. My boyfriend wishes he could move close to me, but he knows it's impossible to leave all the bills to his mother. I hate when I mention that to people and they tell me "Well, he's old enough to move out! It's weird for a guy that age to live with his mom!" or "That's stupid he won't live with you until marriage.". u.u

Dudes, the poor boy comes from a whole other country with a whole other culture. He's barely lived in Canada 3 years. Consider that. But they just tell me "But this is Canada, not there?". So?

Also, my party went well. Even if I was ditched, it was really fun.

LL: I got mad fun of today. Actually, for the past two days by different people over what I wear and whatnot. ; Haven't had this issue in a long time now..

Also need a topic for an essay, seeing as I was asking my friend her opinion on it and she told me it was good... then gave the topic to the boy she likes so he chose to do it. And he knows nothing on it. It made me upset.

03.20.2012, 05:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  430  431  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks