QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  576  577  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
From what I gather, being on the CIR waiting list means it's CIR or nothing. I actually sent them an email with some questions yesterday and forgot to ask them about that.

Aw. Well, if you don't get in this time, try again! It's frustrating, but it seems like they at least want to hire you and you have what they need. So I'm sure you would the second try if not this time. How many positions are offered? In the mean time, are there any related sort of jobs or volunteer work you could try to get into to help with gaining skills?

Since I tend to focus extremely on something, I find it unhealthy for me (and try to work around it, but I can get obsessive). So I've been telling myself when I apply if I don't get in to keep trying, find a different job I'd like, practice skills, volunteer, and try and get into the certificate programs I plan to do. I haven't decided whether to apply this fall or next summer.. Good luck, Arren!

HL: Had a nice chat with my Japanese friend who got accepted into a teaching program. Him being worried he won't get to be an English teacher. He's focused on that goal most of his life but trying to branch out and make sure he can be happy even if he doesn't get the chance to teach. The hiring system is different in Japan, so we talked a lot and I offered some advice, which I guess were the same words his seminar professor gave him. lol I miss him.

04.04.2015, 09:05 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Introduced my stepbrother to Laputa and he liked it! Now he wants to watch Spirited Away.
LL: Not much. A great day today.

04.04.2015, 09:14 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Got to meet and hold my newest Granddaughter, Hannah... YAY!

Got drooled on a lot as well...

04.05.2015, 12:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Easter everyone!

HL: chocolaaaate.

My Anime List

04.05.2015, 07:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Same back to you.

Guilty Light: Been scoffing chocolate for a few days now

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.05.2015, 11:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HAHALight:

Was at a local store yesterday and saw Lori, a checker who used to be on my girls softball team back when she was 9 or so (around 1984)... she said, Hey, Coach, where's my easter egg? so I bought her a big chocolate one, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.05.2015, 12:58 PM.

04.05.2015, 12:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky, you are no longer the old guy. You are now, The Old Soul.

04.05.2015, 03:28 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

But my Avatar title shows that I'm "The Old Guy"... lol

04.05.2015, 03:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Waitress job went ok! But the chemicals and whatnot for the cloth used to wipe tables down broke out the eczema on my hands.. Ugh. But hopefully won't get too bad.

04.05.2015, 09:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chemicals? You mean it's not just standard jiff?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.06.2015, 10:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Sunshine! Spring is finally here!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.06.2015, 11:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Another John Denver lyric comes to mind... "Sunshine, on my shoulders, makes me happy..."

HL:
Got rain forecast in the next couple of days here in Southern California,

LL:
the Governor has signed a bill calling for 25% decrease in water usage Statewide because of the drought. Funny thing is, even with all of the vacant housing we have, people are still building new housing???

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.06.2015, 05:27 PM.

04.06.2015, 01:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Again, Husky, Old Soul.

04.06.2015, 02:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Feeling pretty stressed out. I need a job that offers more hours.. and I don't think I'll be able to drop one of the small jobs I picked up. I wish full time employment wasn't so difficult to find.. sigh.. I'm just going to be making so little.

Wish my job from last summer could hire me back..

04.12.2015, 09:01 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: got a lot of projects closer to done today.
LL: none are anywhere close to completion.
I'm still dying at NC's std joke.

04.12.2015, 12:53 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC

I must have missed that - please enlighten me!

04.12.2015, 01:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Had an interview with a gentleman (Mike) who I have only read about in our local history. He was born here in 1918 (97 yrs old) and he and his father owned and ran a couple of grocery stores. I even shopped in one before he finally retired and sold it.

My fellow historian and I had a great time and were able to fill in some of the gaps in local history that were missing. Marc (my friend) was somewhat disappointed as he wanted to see more pictures, but I was happy just to be speaking with Mike and his daughter, Margaret. He is quite spry and lucid for one of his years and that is good. He remembers things quite clearly and is able to tell about them. One of the pictures had about 20 men and women in it and he named most of them off with no hesitation.

For me, an enjoyable hour and a half and a promise to get together again soon...

04.12.2015, 01:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WL: Not sure how, but I make a pretty decent amount in tips. Too bad I don't get to keep it all. lol

I've told my work I can keep working for the year, but I think I might quit around the Christmas holidays/exam season in the fall. I'm going to keep searching for more hours though. I don't want to work New Years. lol I go home that time of the year and most businesses give students that time off. Plus I may have too heavy a work load.

Today went pretty well. Making fewer mistakes. Haven't dropped food or water on people yet. Mostly making mistakes on the cash register. lol

Except the guy I used to have a huge crush on came in. I think he was surprised I was working there. I haven't seen him in a long time.

04.12.2015, 10:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC

I must have missed that - please enlighten me!

Are you referring to me by NC?

Because I don't remember making an STD joke :')

04.13.2015, 11:51 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

NC, Being in the States, he could be referring to North Carolina, maybe???

04.13.2015, 03:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  576  577  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks