QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All the mountains around me have new snow on them... Big Bear got 22 inches (56cm...is that right?) in one day... ski resorts are happy...

01.14.2017, 01:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Romantic? Not really - it was just cold and windy here, though it was sort of a nice surprise. I've seen some other people posting some nice photos on Facebook, so evidently somebody's getting a nice view, but I think either I woke up too late or I'm in the wrong place, because I saw nothing when I looked out today. Maybe some other day it'll be more pleasant.

01.14.2017, 10:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah, I live in a pretty ugly little city outside Nagoya, not the most romantic of spots. Had I been in a park or something in the middle of Nagoya proper, I can imagine that being a bit nicer. It was exciting to see though. ^_^

HL: went to Higashiyama zoo today. Pretty good time! It's always nice to come across some unexpected exhibits, things I've never seen before. I've seen better enclosures... some poor things seemed bored out of their minds, but I kind of expected that.

My Anime List

01.15.2017, 08:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One thing that I've found about snow is that when it on the ground, it can frequently make a slum a paradise... Beautify it at least, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.15.2017, 02:18 PM.

01.15.2017, 02:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
One thing that I've found about snow is that when it on the ground, it can frequently make a slum a paradise... Beautify it at least, lol

I dont know what you mean by slum husky. But from my experience in my country(indian subcontinent). Cold Weather is very bad for people who live in slums. They hate the winter and rainy season the most. It was not to long ago where people used to die in my country due to cold weather. Although the temperature is very high if i compare it with other countries.(It never went below 5 degree celcius in any part of my country). Mostly because they did not have warm clothes and as they live in slums.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.16.2017, 06:26 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

People die in Britain in the cold weather.

When Husky mentioned a slum he was using the word to make a point, not actually meaning a slum.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.16.2017, 08:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: I think I'm allergic to the cold?? I was on a freezing cold bus and broke out in hives. This has happened before but it only happens at the weirdest of times.

01.16.2017, 10:07 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

A Canadian???? Allergic to the COLD!!! Impossible........... lol

HL:
Got to yak with my daughter for a while and saw pics of all but one of my Grandkids over there...

WWL:
She's upset with one of her sons... He apparently did some work for a friend and hasn't been paid yet so he brought his friend's cat home for awhile...
Oh... What kind of cat is it??? a damn Cheetah!!!

Luckily it's still a kitten...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.19.2017, 10:53 PM.

01.19.2017, 10:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

???L:
For better or for worse, we've got a new President... All we can do at this point is wait and see...
I don't care for the man, but I have to respect the Office of President of the United States...

WL:
Started reading "Nishima's Ship" by Anne McCaffrey last night about midnight and kept reading and reading and reading, (sigh) until 7:20am this morning and started to read again!!!, but forced myself to STOP!
Went to bed...

01.20.2017, 02:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheetah?? o_o Wow.

And that must be a pretty good book! I haven't gotten so absorbed in one like that for years... I remember whenever the new Harry Potter books would come out, I'd get mine and not stop reading until I finished it.

My Anime List

01.21.2017, 02:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Same thing with me... The last Harry Potter that came out, I had called the book store and they had two left and I reserved one and barely got to the store in time... I then took it home and sat down and read it!!! After reading it twice, I took it down to the library and donated it for someone else to read...

01.21.2017, 12:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a weird reader. Outside of my English courses, I used to read a lot but it was very scattered (I'd read from the end, middle, random pages instead of reading the book straightforwardly). Not sure why that's a habit of mine with books. I do this a loooot with Murakami books but I eventually read them from beginning to end.

Short novels are some of the few that I don't do this with. I used to check out Osamu Dazai's books at the library for an afternoon because I could finish them quickly. lol

I consume a lot of manga and webcomics and have no issue sitting for hours (or days) reading them. However, it's difficult for me to sit through movies without pausing for hours, and sometimes takes me forever to finish a TV series or drama unless I'm extremely invested.

(I've always kind of wondered if I have ADHD..)

01.21.2017, 02:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HHL:
We've got our third storm front come through starting today and this is good... With any luck these will end our long California drought...

01.22.2017, 01:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: sushi dinner with a friend, nice. ^^

My Anime List

01.23.2017, 12:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
PrinceKaguya
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.13.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrinceKaguya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Raiders of the Lost Ark with my mom she keeps talking about how ugly Marion is lol.

01.23.2017, 04:43 PM PrinceKaguya is offline   Profile for PrinceKaguya Add PrinceKaguya to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: nice day out in Nagoya yesterday. We happened across a couple of doll shops and I got to see some of those gorgeous ball-jointed dolls in real life for the first time... Still want one. Sooo expensive though. We were laughing at how some of the little doll clothes and shoes were as expensive as real ones.

LL: I'm going to Tokyo in a couple of weeks and, exciting as that is, it's making me nervous as hell. I'm going on my own. It's not like I haven't traveled alone here before; I went to Osaka and Kobe and other places, I've been to London by myself, but this is the biggest trip yet, I guess. I got the hotel sorted today, at least. I want to take the shinkansen there but the tickets look complicated. >_< I guess I can ask someone to help me when I'm next in Nagoya station.

My Anime List

01.26.2017, 02:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched a tv show last night called "Globe Trekker" that was of a woman traveling and visiting Koyoto, Osaka, Iga-Ueno and Sado Island among a few of the placrs visited...
Eating raw Abalone off of Sado Is., sparrows from that temple with all the large red torii's which were not honored because they ate the seed grain from the fields, etc... I forget the name of the site where they play at being ninja... It was funny watching her try and do the ninja stuff, lol...

I wasn't there long, but I remember visiting Kobe for a day. I don't know why our ship stopped there, but we were there for one day... I remember we got into a fight with some Marines in a bar... Never did get a chance to try the beef...v

01.26.2017, 08:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think you'll be fine, Kaz. <3 Pretty sure most of my friends roamed Tokyo by themselves. If you ever need any help, let me know.

HL: So I'm going to cut off most of my hair at some point in the next few months. This is the first time my hair has ever been so long (it grew a ton in a very short time period wtf) and I love how curly it is and low maintenance- for now- buuuut I seriously don't feel at home with long hair. I feel like it really takes away from my confidence and who I am as a person.

Don't exactly have great memories regarding the last time I had very short hair but I'm kind of considering it a tribute to my younger self. Trying to find really fluffy gender neutral hairstyles.

01.27.2017, 01:01 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tokyo is pretty easy to deal with. It's huge and busy, but the subway network is very comprehensive and most things are convenient. As for the shinkansen, from what I recall there's not a lot to it. If you go to the desk already knowing what you need, it shouldn't be too hard.

Highlight: it's been one year since I arrived in Japan! It's crazy that so much time has already passed.

01.27.2017, 11:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

And I'm sure that you are enjoying the heck out of being there... (Rat!) lol

01.27.2017, 12:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks