QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  ...    »  ]
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky51

That's great news! I'm glad you're finally able to be home again.

09.15.2016, 01:36 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's fantastic news, Husky! I'm really glad. You take good care of yourself now, alright? Don't want to see you back there anytime soon.

HL: going on a trip to Tokoname today. ^.^

My Anime List

09.15.2016, 09:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the well wishes...

HL:
All along I wanted therapy that entailed using my walking staff... All I asked for was two weeks of it...

Today I got half of my wish... I was being told that I was safer using the walker and I'd tell them I didn't have much room in my house for a walker... "But you're much safer with a walker" sigh

finally, today, I refused therapy with the walker and walked, well rolled, out the therapy room and left... this afternoon I was allowed to have a therapy session with the staff... I was later told that the improvement between the first and second time I used the staff was so good that they offered an additional week of straight staff therapy so I accepted.

The bonus side of this is that instead of my neighbor lady friend haveg to help me get all my stuff from the hospital to the van to the house, my friend Bob ( healthy guy) climbs mountain sides and jumps off of perfectly good mountains and paraglides down after gliding around for awhile...

So, bottom line is, I'm still in for another week, but I am happy with it because I am doing something that I wanted them to do with me all along...

@Kaz, I'm still jealous of you're being in the place I'd love to be...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.16.2016, 12:44 AM.

09.16.2016, 12:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I'm so excited to work 13 hours in fast food tomorrow.

09.16.2016, 10:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHL:
This Sunday, I did some 'homework', as they called the therapy session I did. I walked 60 feet with my walking stick (or staff) and also managed to (with a little effort) take 12 full steps without the staff or a walker... The first time in almost 6 months that I have done so...

09.19.2016, 02:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay, that's awesome, husky. <3

HL: I'm oddly really liking my job? It's nice having pretty great coworkers. The only downside is the ridiculously long shifts. Probably the most pleasant customers I've had while working in the food industry. I'm a really quiet person so everyone is trying to make me talk more.

Still looking for education related work and going to start looking into volunteering. I wish I'd realized before university how much I love volunteering, I would have gotten involved more. In high school, I volunteered as a reading tutor for younger students and at an adult learning centre helping people with their English homework for their GED. I'm excited to see what my options at home are.

09.19.2016, 11:04 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL1: Great weekend away in France playing wargames with a bunch of awesome friends, drinking lots of beer, staying up until I haven't a clue what time it was and eating all the stuff I'm not allowed to but which I let myself have about twice a year.

HL2: Having Monday off work to sleep, bath and recover!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.19.2016, 01:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

FFF quote:
I'm a really quiet person so everyone is trying to make me talk more.

Oh Noes!!!

09.20.2016, 12:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: the previous post. More spam already? And I think some of the last batch hasn't been removed yet. :/

Highlight: I had a nice day in Kanazawa visiting a friend from my study abroad days. Shame it was the last day I was there though. It was nice to meet up again and have a bit of time away from work too.

09.22.2016, 08:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I finally am getting discharged from the hospital tomorrow at around 3pm... Yayness!

09.22.2016, 10:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I'm home...

LL:
I'm home...
I have got so much work to do to straighten out the mess that my home is in. In Charlie Brown's words, "ARGGGGHH!"... I will try and post a couple of views.

HL:
Even so, it's good to be home again...

09.24.2016, 01:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Go away, spambot. :l

My Anime List

09.24.2016, 03:34 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HL:
I'm home...

LL:
I'm home...
I have got so much work to do to straighten out the mess that my home is in. In Charlie Brown's words, "ARGGGGHH!"... I will try and post a couple of views.

HL:
Even so, it's good to be home again...

it is good to hear you are at home, maybe call your grandkids you help you with your mess.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

09.24.2016, 05:28 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I wouldn't inflict that burden on them, lol... I have to go thru it all myself and determine what goes and what stays...

Besides, ALL of my older grandkids live out of state leaving 4 locally and others abt 140 miles away with working parents... And they range in age from less than one year old to about 16... The local ones, that is...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.26.2016, 11:47 AM.

09.24.2016, 11:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HHL:
My youngest son was in the area yesterday and stopped by with his family... I was so happy. I got to hold and cuddle with three of my grandkids... Serenity, Hayden and Fallon...

Probably the greatest thrill of my ccurrent life would be to have all three of my children and all 19 of my grandchildren together at one time... Oh, that would be wonderful... Not likely, lol, but wonderful...

09.26.2016, 11:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WL: Does anyone have an idea on mental health services and whatnot that exist in Japan? Or something that might help a young woman with self esteem and empowerment? I have a Japanese friend going through a pretty rough time and was shocked to find out she had been to a mental hospital and is on medication now. I'm glad she's okay but I am worried about her.

10.06.2016, 09:48 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I had to break up with my boyfriend. We'd been fighting a lot and I felt like I didn't know what else to do, but it's painful...

He's already deleted me as a friend on social media, even though it only happened yesterday, and I don't know why but that felt surprisingly brutal. I wasn't expecting it so it was like a slap to the face.

10.08.2016, 11:22 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

My condolences, NC... I'm not going to dish out the usual platitudes 'cause I know you're feeling bad enough as it is. Hang in there... And be yourself... Go have some fun with some friends, just don't sit around moping... Get out and do something... Remember that we all love ya here in the Tavern...

10.08.2016, 11:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: Trump

WL2: Trump supporters

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.08.2016, 03:09 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Trump isn't a weirdlight, he's a downright frighteninglight. How can such a maniac lunatic become the US president? It's insane. The crackpot will drop nukes on Isis as fast as you can say world-destabilizing-nutjob.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.08.2016, 04:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks