QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  584  585  586  587  588  589  590  591  592  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHHHL:
I may be getting out tomorrow, I may be getting out tomorrow.

05.24.2015, 03:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: our wifi router is broken. There's a public connection we can access with our account, but it's quite spotty, so now I'm in the library. At least the router will be replaced within the next few days.

Highlight: otherwise quite a good day! The weather is nice and I talked to my mum who said some recent inconveniences are beginning to work themselves out.

05.25.2015, 01:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad to hear that, arren...
========================

LL:
No joy...
Doc wants me to stay another night, but at least she is a manga fan with some anime and she likes Ghibli... A Chinese extraction lady named Chi, but Anglizied to Chih...

I showed her a certain anime site and she was amazed...

I told her about Princess Kaguya and she said the name sounds familiar and then I said "The Bamboo Cutter" , Oh yes, a Chinese tale... We then talked about it for a bit and debated the virtues of subbing over dubbing...

A nice lady...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.25.2015, 04:33 PM.

05.25.2015, 04:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky
Oh no!!! At least your doctor seems nice

HL: Some people from the weird granola mom network my mom's in might want to commission me to draw stuff for them! Also I got to catch up with a friend for a bit today. Ate some super tasty baclava.

LL: I got lost for a bit while trying to figure out where I was going to meet my friend. And tired! Since I rode my bike.

05.25.2015, 07:12 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: as I thought (though I feared I was wrong), I got the job!! I'll be going to Japan in a few months' time!

05.27.2015, 04:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations!! That's so awesome, well done!

My Anime List

05.27.2015, 04:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I'm so freaking jealous, arren... but congrats anyway...lol

HHHL:
I'm getting outta here!!!... Hosp release in in process...

YAY YAY YAY!

05.27.2015, 05:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well done Arren! That's great news. We demand photos again and a blog.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.27.2015, 06:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Highlight: as I thought (though I feared I was wrong), I got the job!! I'll be going to Japan in a few months' time!

YAY

LL: Last trip with my boyfriend ended before we do long distance again.

Let the fun begin.

HL: But we may go see Big Bang together in October. Going to America to see them is easier and we can meet up. His location makes it quite cheap for him to travel over, but he also might be moving to that area in America later on in the year depending. ^^ Just a weekend trip but it'd be nice. I just really want to see Big Bang. haha

05.28.2015, 08:32 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Way to go, Arren!

HL: First day of summer! Woot!

05.28.2015, 08:48 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Finally settled into my new home, I have scorchingly quick broadband running (finally), my job is going well and the new person in my life is really fun to be with.

Maybe life is looking up for me at last.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.28.2015, 11:48 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Congrats honey!! I'm so, so envious!

05.28.2015, 12:12 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww congrats arren! I'm so happy for you ^^

HL: I'm learning sooo much. It's amazing. And I'm slowly getting used to the heat and critters.

05.28.2015, 12:20 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited.

@Saddles: no promises of a blog because I know I'm bad at keeping them updated, but I can definitely post pictures!

05.28.2015, 03:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

We'll hold you to that, arren... thank you for offering, heh heh heh

05.28.2015, 08:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Well, because of some visa complications, looks like my boyfriend might be staying an additional week here. I mean, poor him for having to adjust his flight. Just happy to have more time together before he heads off.

05.29.2015, 08:33 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: So, my Mom and stepdad flew off to Hawaii to get married! I'm really happy for them.

05.30.2015, 07:46 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: I feel a bit hurt. The students in my section reported a complaint against me saying I am not around enough nor buy them enough breakfast food.

I'm a bit hurt because I have trouble engaging with them. I see the students in other sections way more than mine and I feel pretty lonely. Ive been struggling with loneliness for awhile and it's honestly made me super holed up. Now I get this complaint and I feel worse.

Maybe they just don't like me, but why would they not come to me about this at all? I'm not sure if it's a cultural difference, but they could come talk to me whenever they wanted, etc. I'll ask some of my friends. I asked my boss for advice and the other assistants. So it's not like I don't want to fix things..

I just feel crappy and under the weather and now this makes me feel 10x worse.

06.01.2015, 04:02 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Won a small pot at bingo last night. Then stayed up to 4am reading a book then up at 8:30...

LL:
tired, lol

06.02.2015, 03:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
No win at Bingo Tues night, but a few close calls... sigh..lol

Lot of fun mingling and talking with many of the other patrons...

06.03.2015, 04:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  584  585  586  587  588  589  590  591  592  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks