QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that I will fix something to eat and sit down and watch 'Earthsea'... I will sign off for now and come back later...

06.02.2008, 08:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Speaking of Earthsea... the first time that I watched it, despite the fact that it wasn't the best Ghibli movie, it left a sort of impression on me... how come all of the flims do that? They leave me with a feeling of wanting to watch them over and over and over again!

06.02.2008, 09:12 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Earthsea (which I finally managed to see recently) is definitely the creepiest Ghibli, and probably the only one to contain scenes that wouldn't feel out of place in a horror movie. It has some cool bagpipe music, too. But I never really grew particularly attached to the characters, or ever felt very involved by the story.

06.02.2008, 10:56 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now I just finished watching Earthsea and I don't remember any bagpipes And I like bagpipes!..I left my comments in Ghibli Discussions in the 'watching' thread...

06.03.2008, 12:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, the creepy bits did scare me a bit. They were certainly things that I would rather not see. And so, while watching, I found myself thinking "...and this is Ghibli...?" While being utterly confused by all the creepiness. Although, there were some very nice parts too- I love the farm!

06.03.2008, 01:33 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought Earthsea was really bad. Very dissappointed.

Yesterday I saw:

Shaolin Soccer (or Shaolin Kickers, depending where youre from). That movie is so crazy and amazing. Saw it for the 5th time. Still absolutely brilliant.

And I watched the Sex and the City Movie in the evening.
Really liked it. I had always liked the series and its just like a better very long episode, so thats awesome.

Today I saw Ratatouille.
I quite liked it. Not brilliant, but fun.

06.03.2008, 04:34 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ JRR - I think Ratatouille is the best CG film I've seen. Better than Shrek, Toy Story, Bugs Life... it's really funny, a little cheesy but quite charming overall IMO.

So yeah, I've just watched Stardust for the first time! I loved it. It was a good laugh, and it was just so incredibly cute at times too.

My Anime List

06.03.2008, 05:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
a little cheesy

A little cheesy she says... of course it's cheesy, it's about a rat!!! lol

I agree with JRR and Kaz, I really enjoyed it when it came out....

Just received Ghost... SAC 2nd gig, vol 4 so I;ll be watching that in a little while...

06.03.2008, 06:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Ooh yes! I love Stardust! My family had to buy it after it came out...

06.03.2008, 06:39 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw the new Indiana Jones! It was predictable, unrealistic and really cheesy, but it was good fun anyway.

06.06.2008, 06:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I watched "Cats" DVD again... I enjoy that so much. I went and found out that the library had a copy of TS Eliot's book "Opposums Book of Practical Cats" or something like that so I made a copy and read it once in a while...

06.06.2008, 10:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw "Cats" a long time ago. All I remember is that it was weird, but cool.

06.07.2008, 12:25 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I saw "Cats" a long time ago. All I remember is that it was weird, but cool.

On disc 2, there were views of the production, costuming, etc and some interviews from a "studio 81" if I remember correctly. Also some shots of the on-stage production from 1981. I think that I would have liked to have seen that. Any one know where I could possibly find some footage???

Also, I'm curious as to how Mr. Mistopheles did the lightening from his hands trick. Was it a computer effect? I don't think so because of the lingering smoke, ect. regardless, a very good effect...

06.07.2008, 12:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Juno on Blu-Ray DVD yesterday...love that movie.

It was the first movie me and mhy girlfriend went to see together...

06.25.2008, 03:23 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Orphic Okapi
Baron

It's probably a good date movie, in that it significantly lowers the chances of any unprotected sex occurring afterwards.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 06.25.2008, 04:22 PM.

06.25.2008, 04:19 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We're currently watching 'Schindler's list' in history lessons.
So far, so good. But our teacher warns us that it is very hard to hold back your tears at the end of the film.
So being the huge wuss that I am, I'm not looking forward to that part

06.25.2008, 04:34 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The History teacher asked us if we wanted to watch Schindler's List. I'm sure it's good and all, but 3 hours is a bit much.

06.25.2008, 04:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's all in Black and White, apart from the little girl in the red dress, heartbreaking!

06.25.2008, 06:54 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by ..Ayami..
We're currently watching 'Schindler's list' in history lessons.
So far, so good. But our teacher warns us that it is very hard to hold back your tears at the end of the film.
So being the huge wuss that I am, I'm not looking forward to that part

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing your emotions. It shows that you have heart and are caring. I cannot count the number of times that I have cried in front of others, sometimes while speaking in public. I usually don't bother wiping the tears until afterwards, just let them flow unashamedly.

Enjoy the movie, I did.

07.04.2008, 11:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Films I've seen this week:
Hancock
Sweeney Todd
28 Days Later
The Man With Two Brains

They were all pretty good.

07.11.2008, 05:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks