QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Arren - oh? Its out in Japanese cinemas already?

@ Roar - thanks, I shall watch it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.23.2014, 11:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah I hadn't realised either, but it just came out a few days ago. It was recent enough that the cinema was very busy.

07.23.2014, 11:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SERGIO LEONE'S commanding epic of the American era
of prohibition,ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA.
regards J .

07.23.2014, 11:43 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just got home from watching "Planes 2: Fire and Rescue"...

It's a John Lasseter, so that says something right there. It had it's good parts and it had its bad parts, about like the other "Cars" style films...

07.25.2014, 12:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw the new X-men the other day! It was really cool but I watched it in quite bad quality and I regret doing so a lot. After all with an action film part of the appeal are all the cool fight scenes and SFX, and those were greatly diminished. I'd like to give it a re-watch when I get the DVD version, since it was really good.

07.25.2014, 07:28 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love X-men and hate bad quality! My first viewing of Princess Mononoke was in bad quality, and my computer did not last through the night.

07.25.2014, 08:02 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats not very fair. It wasn't your computer's fault.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.25.2014, 12:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I quite liked the new X-Men ^^

Watched Divergent finally. I liked the movie ok. It was a bit obvious, but hey, I knew what I was signing up for.

Tried reading the books after, and they were unfortunately a bit juvenile. Still curious to know how it turns out. I might just wait for the movies to come out. I liked the music in the first one.

07.25.2014, 03:38 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished watching Adaptation. Wow. Wow.

I'm not even sure what to say. I'm a big fan of Spike Jonze later stuff, so I've been desperate to see this for ages. I think it might actually be a work of genius on Charlie Kaufman's part. I mean Jonze's directing obviously plays a big part in it too, but it's the script which is what is so extraordinary. It's completely mad and meta and fantastic. Very rarely can I finish a movie and go 'yep, there, that is one of the best films made in the past fifty years', but I really can with that one. And Nicholas Cage! Who knew he had it in him, blimey.

It's just so smart. Ahhh. It practically seethes with intelligence.

07.25.2014, 04:34 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ANITA O'DAY-THE LIFE OF A JAZZ SINGER.
what an amazing woman she was and a singing voice that
gives you goose-bumps.
regards J .

07.25.2014, 10:47 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howl's Moving Castle. Watched it for the first time and I absolutely adore it!

07.26.2014, 12:15 AM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by Buffy

BUFFY, its also my favourite GHIBLI movie next would
be spirited away.

07.26.2014, 02:57 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hunters moon
quote:
Originally posted by Buffy

BUFFY, its also my favourite GHIBLI movie next would
be spirited away.

It's so good! It's probably my second favourite after Spirited Away. Loved it!

Today I watched Dolphin Tale, and I'm about to start Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

07.27.2014, 11:29 PM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw "Men in Black" again last night...

07.28.2014, 12:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

LAPUTA:castle in the sky.
regards J .

07.28.2014, 10:59 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, went to see "Echo" this evening. large crowd

There were 4 people there including myself... All of us of the senior persuasion... lol

My opinion:
It was good up to a point. A bit choppy in the storyline, but seemed to get better towards the end. Not at all like "E.T.".... One scene during the chase sequence was outstanding and got a laugh from the whole crowd... uh, of us... uh, ok, ok, the four of us... lol

08.04.2014, 02:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guardians of the Galaxy. Best Marvel movie, hands down. Made me laugh so much. And cry a bit, too.

08.05.2014, 12:24 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

THE USUAL SUSPECTS~this movie demands to be seen
again and again.
regards J

08.05.2014, 06:20 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@huntermoon, I'll have to check it out...

08.05.2014, 05:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
@huntermoon, I'll have to check it out...

you won't be disappointed husky,i think it's a great film.

regards J

08.05.2014, 11:17 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
[  «    ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks