QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just finished Instinct

04.28.2008, 01:09 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Instinct? whats that About?

i just watched the Big Brother try hards celebs go in to the so called house. man that show is lame.

04.28.2008, 09:52 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I can bump this, aint too old yet.

Saw Iron Man last night. Twas good. Had a more fun side than most superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr was a really good Tony Stark the whole thing needed a little bit more action, but it was a fun ride.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.03.2008, 12:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah really? I wasn't sure about whether or not I wanted to watch Iron Man. Perhaps i will now- it sounds different than I supposed.

05.03.2008, 01:53 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Iseult
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.30.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Iseult Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching, LOTR: The Return of the Kings - love the battle scenes!

05.04.2008, 04:24 AM Iseult is offline   Profile for Iseult Add Iseult to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^.....

lotr i awesome.....i wonder when the hobbit comes out??

i watched tekkonkinkreet again

jeez that movie's made to please...you get everything out f it

05.04.2008, 04:33 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

pirates of penzance. one word, my friends....weird.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.04.2008, 04:42 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Farren
Baron

gater face

05.04.2008, 11:21 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Chekov
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chekov Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw Iron Man couple of days ago, I would highly reccomend it.

05.08.2008, 11:12 AM Chekov is offline   Profile for Chekov Add Chekov to your buddy list Homepage of Chekov
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Once" is the best movie ever. See it now.

05.28.2008, 09:33 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What if I don't want to... huh, huh?

05.28.2008, 11:32 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi

Ooh so agree!

So is Ironman good or bad? I keep hearing both...

05.29.2008, 06:42 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi

I really loved it as well. But then I saw it again.
It really doesnt hold up as well. I mean its still good.
But not great, like the first time.

05.29.2008, 09:40 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Paprika round my mates house yesterday. Good film.

05.29.2008, 10:11 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Yay! Kiki
Baron

@Fen
really? I actually haven't heard bad about it- only good, really. I wonder when we're going to go and see it... I have not watched any movies today, on topic... because I just woke up.

05.29.2008, 10:41 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've only heard of Iron Man as being good. My friend, who is a bit of a comics nerd, phoned me up specially as he came out of the cinema to tell me I absolutely have to see it.

05.29.2008, 11:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Iron Man is all in expectations. If you are a comic nerd and are expecting something already it might be disappointing, but if you want just a fun action movie, it is pretty good imo.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.29.2008, 11:50 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
I really loved it as well. But then I saw it again.
It really doesnt hold up as well. I mean its still good.
But not great, like the first time.

I don't know about that. I mean, I'm sure that's true for you, but I've seen it about three times now and I've loved it pretty much equally all three times. It's also officially my favorite movie of 2007, though I probably haven't seen nearly as many movies as I should before making that kind of statement. I liked it more than all of the Best Picture nominees, at least.

I haven't seen Iron Man to be able to add to that conversation.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.29.2008, 05:03 PM.

05.29.2008, 05:01 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Meet Joe Black. Really good...satisfying to watch ^_^

05.29.2008, 06:54 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Wait... Orphic.. it isn't 2007 anymore... I believe that it's 2008 unless I am mistaken.. or something. I probably am.

Yeah! I have not seen a movie at all today.

Edit: @Fen
Yes, Meet Joe Black is a very good movie! I haven't seen it in a while, but I recall it being very funny...

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 05.29.2008, 07:00 PM.

05.29.2008, 06:59 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks