QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...    »  ]
shadedpain4
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.15.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shadedpain4 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky!

10.21.2012, 12:47 PM shadedpain4 is offline   Profile for shadedpain4 Add shadedpain4 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just back from seeing Skyfall, the new Bond movie, at the cinema.

It was fantastic. Leagues better than the last two. I loved it.

My Anime List

10.27.2012, 07:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just back from "Wreck it, Ralph" it has a lot of color, good artwork IMO and a good story... I recommend it.

11.10.2012, 02:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Forest Gump

if some one really hates this movie i will be really astonished

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

11.10.2012, 02:29 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today I finally got around to watching 5cm per Second after getting the DVD ages ago.

11.10.2012, 05:47 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watch it a couple of times and tell us what you think of it...

11.10.2012, 07:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Just back from seeing Skyfall, the new Bond movie, at the cinema.

It was fantastic. Leagues better than the last two. I loved it.

I thought it was....meh. The latest Mission Impossible was way better. I think I'd have liked it more if some of it wasn't quite so ridiculous - why does he seem to literally greet all female characters with intercourse? I don't know, I think I'm biased against Bond so my opinion might be skewered - the cinematography was certainly beautiful.

Watched Take Shelter - fantastic.

11.11.2012, 09:38 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday i saw Perks of Being a Wallflower. Such a great movie. I loved it.

12.08.2012, 03:41 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"Cool World"

12.08.2012, 06:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Brave by Pixar, And the Dark Knight rises.

12.13.2012, 10:29 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*sniffs* watched The Impossible. So freaking intense. I don't feel like I can watch another movie for a while.

01.05.2013, 09:11 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

three of them, actually... in the last two days...
Ponyo, Arrietty and Howl's

01.05.2013, 02:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I saw the entire Alien series and Prometheus, which is in the same universe but not directly connected. I'd already seen the first two Alien films and they were still good. I liked Prometheus too even though the plot could've been better, but the third and fourth Aliens are pretty bad.

01.07.2013, 12:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not today, but I saw Jack Reacher with my boyfriend the other day since he likes action movies.

I then discovered I can't handle action movies.

EDIT: Aw, I wanted to watch The Impossible, but it's not playing here.

I also wanted to see Les Miserables, but everyone I know snubbed it before I could ask. T.T Now I can't see movies again until March break.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 01.07.2013, 02:58 PM.

01.07.2013, 02:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hangover...

OK, but not somethng that I am going to re-watch...

01.09.2013, 04:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

This week I saw The Hobbit and Black Swan. Obviously very different, but I thought they were both great!

01.11.2013, 10:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw The Hobbit on Wednesday and loved it... although all the comic and slapdash fighting didn't work too well.

Going to watch Lincoln tomorrow!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.12.2013, 06:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

saw "The Hobbit"with two of my grandsons... I enjoyed it... but, like Saddles said, a bit too much extraneous fighting...

01.13.2013, 05:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't actually watched a film in ages, Shocking i know
But i did watch a film on BBC Iplayer yesterday called "Flightplan" which was quite interesting..
I also watched Steamboy some week's back, And god.. that was epic. It was perfect for me, Having a England industrial revolution background.

01.19.2013, 10:30 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"The Bedford Incident" with Richard Widmark and Sidney Poitier 1965

01.28.2013, 02:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks