QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Caught "Source Code" the other day, enjoyed it very much, though a somewhat predictable ending.

I also saw "Men in Black" for the first time (amazingly). I was in just the right mood for it and laughed my head off. Great stuff. Tommy Lee Jones was really on form when he made that.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.21.2014, 06:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddles...
You might also enjoy "Men in Black 2". Even with having watched the first movie and knowing about the premise before hand, I still enjoyed it.

04.21.2014, 12:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched The Rocket recently. It was a quietly intense movie about this little boy and his family trying to find a new home against the backdrop of megadam projects in war torn Laos. Beautiful music, too.

05.23.2014, 04:16 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
I watched The Rocket recently. It was a quietly intense movie about this little boy and his family trying to find a new home against the backdrop of megadam projects in war torn Laos. Beautiful music, too.

The summary sounds like something from an Iranian movie, like The Bicycle.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.23.2014, 10:55 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just saw Brave. Very enjoyable! Honestly, it wins everything just for the line: "Jings, crivvens and help ma boab".

My Anime List

05.24.2014, 04:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Eragon, the dragon movie... enjoyed it...

05.25.2014, 03:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"SOLARIS" with GEORGE CLOONEY and NATASCHA-
Mc ELHONE, I THINK ONE OF THE BEST SCIENCE
FICTION FILMS FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

06.03.2014, 06:59 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember watching the original Solaris way back in the 70s it must have been. I was very young then and the typical Russian pacing was too slow for my taste but it left a lasting impression on my mind.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.03.2014, 08:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I may have seen it, but I don't recall offhand. I'll have to go look for it.

06.03.2014, 01:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked Solaris. It was good, but not amazing imo.

06.03.2014, 07:50 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw

Jersey Girl (2004) Has Ben Affleck in and Jennifer Lopez, I really enjoyed this one.

Now watching Parental Guidance, pretty average film rather forgettable

06.03.2014, 07:54 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ohh I forgot, I watched XMen Days of the Future Past (totally guessing that title, so excuse me if I'm wrong)!

It was quite cool. Basically a satisfying Marvel experience.

06.03.2014, 07:57 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

PAN'S LABYRINTH by GUILLERMO del TORO.
REGARDS, J

06.13.2014, 01:48 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Looking forward to watching 'How to Train Your Dragon2'. It opens at the local theater today. Gotta wait until Sunday though...

06.13.2014, 12:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

hope you enjoy the film husky, I have not as yet seen
the sequel but thought the first film was a delight.
(don't forget the popcorn)
regards J .

06.13.2014, 11:09 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Nice, buttery popcorn and a soda always enhances the pleasure of the movie, regardless of what is being shown.

06.13.2014, 11:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

I watched two films today the first was ANG LEE'S
crouching tiger, hidden dragon, a captivating and thrilling
film that's got real heart and soul.
the second was ZHANG YIMOU film house of flying daggers
I think a film of real beauty and visual poetry.
regards J

06.18.2014, 12:17 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Finally went to see "How to train your Dragon 2" today... caught the 3:30pm showing. got in line and a lady friend was at the head of the line, so I joined her there with her two grandkids. The brat paid my admission, so I got even and snagged the bill for all the snacks... hahaha, sneaky me. I know the people at the theater. lol

As for the movie, I enjoyed it almost as much as the original movie. There were different levels to the film as you will see if you go to view it. I liked it, as did my three friends...

This evening, while doing more work on the yearbook project that I am doing, I watched "Walking Tall", starring the "Rock"... It was a typical, machine gun shooting, wild fights and bang-bangs, etc and of course love and family, lol I preferred the original version.

06.18.2014, 05:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I can't say I've seen these today, but most recently I watched Brand Upon the Brain by Guy Maddin. This movie is pretty much crack. Black and white, silent-film, quirky, sexy, weird, funny, sad, scary-ass crack. I'm all for it.

I also watched Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tennenbaums , both Wes Anderson films. I liked The Royal Tennenbaums more, because I felt like the characters had more depth and I just enjoyed it and laughed more. When I watched Moonrise Kingdom it felt a lot more awkward, forced, and less funny. I don't know why. I ought to give Moonrise a second watch and re-evaluate my first reaction, just to see if I was still smoking too much cracky-wacky from watching Maddin.

Either way, pretty awesome movies, both directors' styles are weirdly distinct as fuck.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 07.04.2014, 03:17 AM.

07.04.2014, 03:16 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hunters moon
PAN'S LABYRINTH by GUILLERMO del TORO.
REGARDS, J

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER! I once dressed up as the Pale Man for Halloween. Then I ate my eyeballs out of my hands, because they were made of delicious chocolate.

Check out my music:

07.04.2014, 03:23 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
[  «    ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks