QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...    »  ]
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just spent 3 hours watching some Dae Jang Geum with english subtitles for the first time in a year or two. So, now I have to recommend this Korean show to everybody here. Basically, in my list of favorite shows, Dae Jang Geum (pronounced Dai Churng Gum in Cantonese) is my favorite series followed shortly by pokemon, a-team, new tricks, and Midsomer murders.
I'm not going to summarize Jang Geum because 1- I'm too lazy 2- the show sounds stupid, but it's quite awesome, and 3- because I know I'm going to make you curious and watch it- hint hint hint.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 05.22.2012, 12:13 PM.

05.22.2012, 11:55 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Bourne series.

And thinking of catching Winter Sonata, just because.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.22.2012, 01:12 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wild Target. British comedy about an assassin ... sooo funny. Seriously left me in stitches.

05.23.2012, 05:54 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Dead Poets Society"

I have seen this movie 2 or 3 times before and I admire the loyalty ( ? ) that the teacher iinstills in his students and the way he tries to 'break the mold' in the academic stuffiness...

I also like the poem, "Oh Captain, My Captain" by Walt Whitman...

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:

But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchored safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.14.2012, 02:10 PM.

06.14.2012, 02:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Arrietty for the first time... I love it! I've watched the original; The Borrowers. I like Arrietty more, though...
I've been watching Criminal minds for the past week. I don't get why I can watch this and not watch Paprika just because it's rated R... pffttttttttttttttttt...

06.14.2012, 02:16 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Finally got round to watching I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK today! I hadn't seen any of the director's other films before, so even though it's supposedly atypical of his material, that didn't really affect my experience. Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot. It was very weird and entertaining, and sweet in a way that wasn't overdone. I think it's definitely worth watching, but it can be quite confusing early on.

Omg i love that movie so much! its my favourite!

06.15.2012, 12:10 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
I just spent 3 hours watching some Dae Jang Geum with english subtitles for the first time in a year or two. So, now I have to recommend this Korean show to everybody here. Basically, in my list of favorite shows, Dae Jang Geum (pronounced Dai Churng Gum in Cantonese) is my favorite series followed shortly by pokemon, a-team, new tricks, and Midsomer murders.
I'm not going to summarize Jang Geum because 1- I'm too lazy 2- the show sounds stupid, but it's quite awesome, and 3- because I know I'm going to make you curious and watch it- hint hint hint.

hehe it did make me curious! mainly because it is korean though lol. it sounds interesting. I want to watch some more korean dramas because ive finished watching all of dream high.

06.15.2012, 12:11 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
I've been watching Criminal minds for the past week. I don't get why I can watch this and not watch Paprika just because it's rated R... pffttttttttttttttttt...

We get 'Criminal Minds" here and, even though it is bit unrealistic, I enjoy it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.15.2012, 04:23 AM.

06.15.2012, 04:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Wild Target. British comedy about an assassin ... sooo funny. Seriously left me in stitches.

Not being bias or anything but this is because British Humour/ Comedy is the best!!!

Oh and San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g where are you from, I know it is a bit off topic but your choice of favourite tv series of New Tricks and Midsummer murders, also favourites of mine, make you sound like you are from the UK.

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 06.15.2012, 04:36 AM.

06.15.2012, 04:33 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I watched the trailer from the film "Wild Target" and have ordered it from Netflix...
===================================

Watched "Cars" on TV last night at work...

I have a tough job...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.17.2012, 12:50 PM.

06.15.2012, 05:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
The Bourne series.
That's a seriously awesome series. Three of the best action films out there.

My Anime List

06.17.2012, 02:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I agree with you there, Kaze...

When I was in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia visiting my daughter's and her family, I was in a book store and bought one of the 'Bourne' novels... I still have it...

06.17.2012, 02:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

I've been watching lots of IT crowd and Gossip Girl lately. First i watch 2 eps of the IT crowd and then i watch 2 eps of GG each night.

Lol such a weird combo.

06.17.2012, 09:47 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
I've been watching lots of IT crowd and Gossip Girl lately. First i watch 2 eps of the IT crowd and then i watch 2 eps of GG each night.

Lol such a weird combo.

IT crowd is brilliant

06.19.2012, 08:11 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

omg lol saw that ep recently

06.20.2012, 05:03 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Laputa, Castle in the Sky...

06.23.2012, 06:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiki's Delivery Service! I'd never actually seen it in full before, so I'm glad I got round to watching the DVD at last.

06.27.2012, 04:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Thor, it was meh, but it was mildly entertaining, and Loki was cuuuuute. I'll get The Avengers sometime, going by the sheer volume of hype it should be a better film, and it has more Loki.

My Anime List

06.29.2012, 05:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

More Loki, hmmmmmm... lol

Watched "Nausicaa" and then "Cowboys and Aliens"... Meh on the last one...

06.29.2012, 05:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I saw Thor, it was meh, but it was mildly entertaining, and Loki was cuuuuute. I'll get The Avengers sometime, going by the sheer volume of hype it should be a better film, and it has more Loki.

The Avengers is really fun! And there is plenty of Loki in it Which is good because Tom Hiddleston is adorable.

06.29.2012, 06:23 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks