QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...    »  ]
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
The girl who leapt trough time.
Great film, recommend it to anyone who has not seen it.

I second this, tis one of my favourite non ghibli films!!

02.24.2012, 03:27 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I third this... great movie...

02.24.2012, 03:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Puss In Boots the other day. It was a mediocre movie overall, but it was a lot better than I expected it to be and the animation was BEAUTIFUL oh my god.

02.26.2012, 10:08 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^ Oh I want to see that one as well, Puss in Boots is such a funny character. I'm curious about the movie I adore the Shrek movies, saw them maaaany times!

I've watched lots of movies lately since I have no school for the last two months and only working 2 days in a week unfortunately
But anyways, watched;

* Robin Hood (Russel Crowe version)
* The Tudors season 3, episodes 1-4 (not a movie but fair enough ;-) )
* Spirited Away (with my boy and he LOVED it, yay! Another Ghibli fan hahaha)
* Never Let Me Go
* The Crimson Petal and the White, episodes 1 and 2

02.27.2012, 08:03 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today I went to the cinema (for free!) and saw a Japanese film called All Around Us. It's a drama film, which is often funny, but I wouldn't exactly call it comedy, because the humour comes largely from people doing things that real people do, and not laid-out jokes. It is definitely very good, and I would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to see it.

02.28.2012, 09:22 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw another Japanese film for free today! This was a comedy called A Stranger of Mine, and it too was really good! The plot is clever and the characters are likeable, and it made me laugh a lot.

It seems that both of the films I saw are hard to get hold of on DVD, so even though I recommend them both, I'm not sure how feasible it is to get the chance to see them!

03.01.2012, 05:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching The Classic. It's a romantic Korean movie but even though its a bit cliche i really like it lol.

03.02.2012, 01:46 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Just finished watching The Classic. It's a romantic Korean movie but even though its a bit cliche i really like it lol.

Woww i watched that movie a long time ago, it's good!

03.02.2012, 12:49 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "The Lorax" at the theater today... Kinda dorky, in a way... but overall, I enjoyed it. The music was extremely loouuuud! There were a lot of adults in the audience and a goodly number of them were adults by themselves...

Personally, I give it a three out of 5...

03.04.2012, 02:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All Dogs go to Heaven (w/ the kids-who doesn't like a good ol Don Blooth film?), Water for Elephants (w/ my mum it was really good) & In the Mouth of Madness (I really like John Carpenter)

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.12.2012, 07:18 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I third this... great movie...

I fourth that! It's the best of both worlds! Sci-fi and anime!!

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.12.2012, 08:05 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last week I saw The Woman in Black in the cinema, with Daniel Radcliffe. Wow, that movie was scary and Daniel did a good job, I forgot Harry Potter after the first 10 minutes so that's a good thing.

Also saw 'Luther' with Joseph Fiennes, a bit of a empty movie, a bit flat, they could have make such a fascinating story better and more deep, but ah well..nice to see Inspiring figure Luther surely was ^^

03.15.2012, 10:46 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Project X... what a terrible message to be sending to young people.

03.18.2012, 06:02 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just saw Origin: Spirits of the Past.

Please, nobody, nobody waste your life on this... Nobody.

Biggest gathering of clichés and cringeworthyness that the planet has yet witnessed... Oh, no... That's the worst film I have seen in such a very, very long time...

My apologies if you like this film.

My Anime List

03.26.2012, 06:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Hunger Games tonight. I liked the concept and all, but I was a little disappointed by the directing(length, shots, pacing). It got me interested to read the books though, so it wasn't too bad.

03.30.2012, 04:34 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

Biggest gathering of clichés and cringeworthyness that the planet has yet witnessed... Oh, no... That's the worst film I have seen in such a very, very long time...

I was planning on watching that. Thanks for the warning. There is nothing I hate more than cringeworthy films.

03.30.2012, 05:36 PM  
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

I didn't think it was that bad! I thought the animation as a whole is pretty beautiful, and the overall concept is kind of cool. Admittedly there are some cringey moments, but there are some good ones too. I don't know, it isn't the word anime film I've ever seen.

I watched what I think was the first half of the Hellsing movie last night. What the. Now that was bad.

03.31.2012, 05:55 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:

I didn't think it was that bad! I thought the animation as a whole is pretty beautiful, and the overall concept is kind of cool. Admittedly there are some cringey moments, but there are some good ones too. I don't know, it isn't the word anime film I've ever seen.

The animation was pretty good, but I've seen better. That was it's only redeeming point. It was just that there wasn't one even faintly original idea, character, piece of plot, in the entire thing. It looked they they just stole from Laputa so much. And... it was cheesy and stuff made no sense. It was like they tried to do a Ghibli, and failed terribly.

Ah, I bought that Hellsing thing a while ago, since it was only £3 in HMV. Still in its plastic though, lul.

My Anime List

03.31.2012, 12:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched Nausicaa, Ocean Waves and Spirited Away...

Mainly looking for the 'Ghibli Quotes' andwer, but enjoying them just the same...

==================================

Watched Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso, Laputa and Kiki's Delivery Service.

and vol3 of "Ai Yori Aoshi"...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.01.2012, 04:33 AM.

03.31.2012, 01:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Far and Away. Embarassed to admit it, but I loved it!
Now I'm watching 40 Years of Sesame Street.

Post last edited by Mokiepoet on 04.03.2012, 07:16 PM.

04.03.2012, 05:08 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
[  «    ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks