QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Heartbreak Hill" with Clint Eastwood who starred in and directed the movie...

04.08.2012, 02:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Went to see the 'Pirates!' movie, considering it was Aardman, it was a bit of a let down, but good fun all the same

04.08.2012, 10:46 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ondine w/ ♥Colin Farrell♥

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.11.2012, 12:56 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet
Ondine w/ ♥Lisa Hannigan's soundtrack ♥

Fixed that for you
Seriously though, what did you think of the soundtrack? Choose your words wisely!

i watched 'The Wind That Shakes The Barley'. Horrifically raw and truthful about war and its effects.....

04.11.2012, 08:00 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched "Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below" by Mitaka Shinkai. Has anyone else seen this yet?

I thought it ok. The animation is SO RIDICULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL. The story and music kind of felt mediocre for me though, especially the second half. The first half was just so good and then it kind of fizzled out.

I still highly recommend it. The animation is dazzling, and at least as far as the backgrounds are concerned, it is the best I have ever seen.

04.11.2012, 10:30 PM  
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
quote:
Ondine w/ ♥Lisa Hannigan's soundtrack ♥

Fixed that for you
Seriously though, what did you think of the soundtrack? Choose your words wisely!

i watched 'The Wind That Shakes The Barley'. Horrifically raw and truthful about war and its effects.....

LOL...thanks for fixing that for me. Actually, I liked the music in the movie very much. But then I have an affinity for all things Irish. I want to visit the real Dublin some day (I live in Dublin...Texas). My family has deep Irish roots and it would be a dream come true to see Ireland!

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.12.2012, 09:30 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally got round to watching I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK today! I hadn't seen any of the director's other films before, so even though it's supposedly atypical of his material, that didn't really affect my experience. Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot. It was very weird and entertaining, and sweet in a way that wasn't overdone. I think it's definitely worth watching, but it can be quite confusing early on.

04.12.2012, 06:36 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah Arren, you should definitely watch his other stuff! Oldboy is possibly my favourite film ever...or at least in the top three. I really love I'm A Cyborg though It's so whimsical.

I watched Good Will Hunting and it was so good! The script was so well written, there are so many speeches or phrases that I want to commit to my memory. It's also the best I've ever seen Robin Williams act, he does pathos so much better than comedy.

04.13.2012, 06:54 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched 21 Jump Street. It was good. Funny.

04.13.2012, 09:57 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
I watched 21 Jump Street. It was good. Funny.

The movie or the show? The show is better.

04.13.2012, 10:10 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
captain george
Ohmu

quote:
LOL...thanks for fixing that for me. Actually, I liked the music in the movie very much. But then I have an affinity for all things Irish. I want to visit the real Dublin some day (I live in Dublin...Texas). My family has deep Irish roots and it would be a dream come true to see Ireland!

Dublin is a hole. Go to Cork/Kerry or the West if you ever go

04.14.2012, 12:36 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched Grave of the Fireflies for the first time.

I never, ever, ever, ever, everrrrrr want to see it again. Ever.

Going to watch Paprika for the first time, then Porco again. That is... if I finish cleaning up my room...

04.14.2012, 11:06 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know how you feel about 'Grave of the Fireflies' as my feelings are the same for reasons that I have given a couple of times in here, but it was well made, i will give it that...

topic:
Just saw "American Reunion" and it was wild!!! The audience (including me) got a LOT of laughs from it. It WAS quite risque and had a lot (LOT) of swearing and even had a bare-chested young lady in it, but the movie was a blast!!! I really enjoyed it, especially towards the end...

04.14.2012, 09:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Hills Have Eyes II. Heavily censored (PG13, lol).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.14.2012, 11:07 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
I just watched Grave of the Fireflies for the first time.

I never, ever, ever, ever, everrrrrr want to see it again. Ever.

Going to watch Paprika for the first time, then Porco again. That is... if I finish cleaning up my room...

I have watched Paprika it is a fantastik film made by the master Satoshi Kon, It is a really wierd film plot wise, but other than that it makes sense once you get your head around it, the animation is fantastic and the characters are good, the pace of the film is fairly fluent. It is an all round good film, if you get a chance check out some of Satoshi Kon's other works, E.G. Tokyo Godfathers (A personal favourite).

Anyway back on topic, been watching the pirates of the carribbean 1, 2, and 3.

04.15.2012, 05:42 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

I watched Australia for the first time. I didn't know what to expect from it. Its a good girly movie.
And I seen the new "The Muppets" movie- I'm a die hard Jim Henson fan- I won't ever watch that movie again. I liked a Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets in Space, but anything after that is not worth the time of day-to me anyways.

05.01.2012, 01:14 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Got to see "Pirates" last night (the recent claymation one) and I enjoyed it enough that I'm planning on watching it again next week...

Saw "Nim's Island" again tonight. Been a while since I've seen it last...

05.14.2012, 03:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Warhorse - it was super good, I cried a ton.

05.14.2012, 07:33 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally saw the Avengers! Sooo good. ^^

05.18.2012, 12:52 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

I finally got the courage to watch Grave of the Fireflys. I watched it late at night after the kids went to bed, it's so sad. I don't thinks this is much of a spoiler(?)...., but the way the kids are treated is truely aweful! I guess it's a case of people show their true colors during horrible times.

05.19.2012, 12:41 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
[  «    ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks