QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently I saw Kamikaze Girls and The Fly (not on the same occasion ). I enjoyed both. I hadn't been expecting to see Kamikaze Girls, as the original plan was Battle Royale, but I was really happy with it after all. It's very funny.

03.21.2013, 04:34 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rise of the Guardians... Not bad at all...

03.24.2013, 02:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
MarkMaddon12
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.24.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MarkMaddon12 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
i watched pirates of the carribean at worlds end. it was good and funny at some points with a butt-kicking climax, but i was really confused as to who was bad and who was good by the end.

Pirates was a great movie, Johnny Depp is truly a great actor.

03.24.2013, 02:47 PM MarkMaddon12 is offline   Profile for MarkMaddon12 Add MarkMaddon12 to your buddy list Send an Email to MarkMaddon12 Homepage of MarkMaddon12
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

saw the "Croods" and enjoyed it...

03.25.2013, 11:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Guaporense
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.02.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Guaporense Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today I watched Hitchcock's famous Notorious. Quite good but nothing really amazing. I also watched André Ovredal's The Troll Hunter, a Norwegian movie about trolls, very funny.

04.03.2013, 10:11 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

If no one has said it yet, Guaporense, Welcome to the Tavern...

We are generally a good bunch in here and we are located, literally, worldwide. We seem to have hit a slow patch right now with only a few of the members posting, I guess you could say we are the hard-core ones, lol...

Anyway, hope that you enjoy it enough to stick around and, again, welcome...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.04.2013, 12:44 AM.

04.04.2013, 12:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Guaporense
Today I watched Hitchcock's famous Notorious. Quite good but nothing really amazing. I also watched André Ovredal's The Troll Hunter, a Norwegian movie about trolls, very funny.

Whoa, trolls.

There's an English movie by the same name that gave me nightmares when I was a kid. It is a very, very good movie.

Saw Premium Rush, was pretty good.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.04.2013, 01:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Guaporense
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Guaporense Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
If no one has said it yet, Guaporense, Welcome to the Tavern...

Thanks.

quote:
We are generally a good bunch in here and we are located, literally, worldwide.

As in many internet forums.

quote:
We seem to have hit a slow patch right now with only a few of the members posting, I guess you could say we are the hard-core ones, lol...

I will help you people get this forum more active.

quote:
Anyway, hope that you enjoy it enough to stick around and, again, welcome...

Thanks.

04.04.2013, 08:09 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently watched "Scott Pilgrim Vs the world" because Scott pilgrim is awesome!
I must try and track down some copy's of the original Scott Pilgrim books at some point.

04.04.2013, 09:01 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Guaporense
Kodama

Just watched:

Women in the Dunes

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

L'Argent

The Host

04.05.2013, 01:23 AM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What did you think of The Host?

04.05.2013, 03:26 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Guaporense
Kodama

Very good monster movie. Much better than other monster movies that I have watched such as Cloverfield and the american Godzilla (what a mediocre film that was).

04.05.2013, 01:41 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
Guaporense
Kodama

Dersu Uzala, perhaps one of Kurosawa's top 10 best movies.

04.14.2013, 07:46 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

watching a Ghibli... can't say which one as it might give it away if I use a quote from it, lol

04.14.2013, 09:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Recently watched "Scott Pilgrim Vs the world" because Scott pilgrim is awesome!
I must try and track down some copy's of the original Scott Pilgrim books at some point.

The comics are definitely better! I really like the film, but it has some pacing issues and a different ending because it was made before the final book was released. So yeah, definitely check them out! When I was reading them I managed to find them in the library.

I saw Looper a few days ago. I'd been wanting to see it for a while, and it didn't disappoint! It's a very good sci-fi thriller.

04.15.2013, 07:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woman in the Dunes is amazing. One of my favorite movies.

04.15.2013, 08:08 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Our library also has the Scott Pilgrim manga... Not a bad series...

04.15.2013, 11:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Trance, the latest from Danny Boyle. It was flawed, but very flashy and exciting.

04.17.2013, 02:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "Cube", an old Canadian movie.

Somewhat similar storyline to the Saw series, but this is IMO is a lot better. None of the characters, nor the trap itself, get a backstory; you learn and guess about them as the story progresses from their actions and conversations. And there's less focus on gore and much more on how they escape, which is a big plus.

A very good watch, recommended if you can get your hands on it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.25.2013, 12:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last night. Fabulous with a capital F.

My Anime List

04.27.2013, 08:44 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks