QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...    »  ]
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched inception today, liked it, particularly the ending.

12.16.2010, 11:27 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^ I agree about Inception

Watched The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Jane Seymour part and Anne of Cleves part. But it's old, it is rushing through the story and it contains BAD acting.

12.17.2010, 07:12 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched the awesomeness that is TRON: legacy! In the south bank Imax, and the Wossy clan was there too, yep, Jonathon Ross, his wife and kids sat a few rows in front.
Shame his BBC contract got DREZZED!

12.17.2010, 08:43 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I also just saw TRON! and loved it!! Had a few cheesy one-liners, and the story seemed somewhat typical. but the music and speical effects were AWESOME!!! and it took me the better part of the movie to finally clue in that "Clu" was CG the whole time o.O haha.
The best part (without spoiling anything) was the whole Daft Punk cameo scene!
and even though i just spent $15 to go see it in 3D, i think i'd drop another 15 to see it again sometime soon

12.18.2010, 02:49 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched The Town yesterday, looking forward for writing 650 words about it for my English movie review -.- Was a good movie though.

I guess I'll have to go see Tron, since everyone says it's awesome

12.18.2010, 09:51 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Voyage of the Dawn Treader last night. I liked it...but people were crying and stuff and yeah, I didn't think it was quite that good. I still love the first one best.

I will watch Tron this week sometime. And then I'll go see Tron: Legacy. ^_^

12.18.2010, 04:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

-Elizabeth: the Virgin Queen, which was good and contains strong acting (Cate Blanchett always is a very strong and natural actress in my opinion), but a bit rushed. The beginning and the ending where so sudden.

-Narnia and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I heard bad critics about it but basically I was relieved it wasn't such a loooonnng movie as Prince Caspian and it was an exhiting story, with an excellent cast and beautiful special effects as always. They prove with this third part, which was so much better than Caspian, that they don't Disney at all, in my opinion

12.18.2010, 07:21 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "Iron Man" today... Lot of action and an alright flic...

12.19.2010, 03:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Tangled today... i was planning to sleep while the others watched it.. but i got into it, and it was actually good. funny.

12.19.2010, 05:27 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Transformers (finally), Sunshine (again ^^) and Rendition.

12.22.2010, 09:47 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Black Swan. Movie of the year for me.

12.22.2010, 07:03 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just watched Salt.. and not so surprisingly it wasn't very good

Black Swan is on my list tho, everyone i've heard from says its awesome!

12.23.2010, 12:09 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Black Swan! And yes, it was really good. ^^ It's silly that it's out on limited release, though.

And tomorrow, I'm going to watch 127 Hours, which I'm so excited for!

12.23.2010, 12:20 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Black Swan! And yes, it was really good. ^^ It's silly that it's out on limited release, though.

And tomorrow, I'm going to watch 127 Hours, which I'm so excited for!

Yeah its been really annoying that both Black Swan and 127 Hours have been out on limited release.

Watched Cronos last night. I liked it, its a vampire movie from Del Toro. I think it is his first feature film.

12.24.2010, 08:29 AM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Oh I am longing to see Black Swan! But its release date is set for february in Holland :-(
Such a long wait..

I recently have watched The Secret Garden which I finally own on dvd. Lovely movie, it has its special atmosphere around the story. Who doesn't want to have a garden that heals and is full of life as a secret place for you and your dearest ones?

Also watched the fourth part of the BBC version of Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair
Kinda boring...I prefered the other films

12.24.2010, 11:39 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Finally saw Inception on glorious Blu-ray !
Really well done movie, except i felt uneasy the whole time watching it because of Mal, but whatever 5/5

12.25.2010, 02:43 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

127 Hours, a couple days ago. And oh my. You really should see this if you haven't. It's shocking and amazing and truly inspiring.

12.25.2010, 04:21 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Flyboys! with my daddy :-) We liked it, it was a exhiting movie but also a bit sad.. and well, I just looooove James Franco <3

12.25.2010, 07:19 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ferngully, lol. Was on tv today, nice to see a really old cartoon. And so is reborn my desire to watch Secret of the Nymh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.25.2010, 12:39 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kemi
Totoro

Six Wives of Henry VIII: Catherine Parr, last chapter woooowww

12.28.2010, 04:31 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks